• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mb9182

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E. F150 Lightning Lariat
Seems like there’s not a whole lot of information out there on financing through Ford or their Options program.

My sales rep sent me some numbers.

60 month interest rates are 4.49%
72 month interest rates are 5.49%
Ford Options on a 36 month deal with 10,500 miles has a 50% residual. 48 month is a 41% residual.

It didn’t list the interest rate, just monthly payments. Nothing looks worthwhile in these numbers, most likely going to go 3rd party financing.

I’m going in tomorrow morning to go into more details and see what they have to say.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Does anyone know of a third party leasing company that will pass along the tax credit? Nissan and VW pass through the credit in their leases. Chevy sort of did when they had credits available. Ford has chosen to not offer a lease on their BEVs.

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Seems like there’s not a whole lot of information out there on financing through Ford or their Options program.

Ford Options on a 36 month deal with 10,500 miles has a 50% residual. 48 month is a 41% residual.

It didn’t list the interest rate, just monthly payments. Nothing looks worthwhile in these numbers, most likely going to go 3rd party financing.

I’m going in tomorrow morning to go into more details and see what they have to say.
What monthly payment did they give?

Postman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Raptor, ‘21 Navigator, ‘21 GT500, ‘74 Bronco

I was told 4.9%, UP TO 72 months on both traditional financing and Ford Options. Since Ford Options is a purchase with a balloon payment (that’s my understanding), why would there be an annual mileage limit? Maybe I’m wrong or missing something. Either way, I agree, the numbers are not attractive at all.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I was told 4.9%, UP TO 72 months on both traditional financing and Ford Options. Since Ford Options is a purchase with a balloon payment (that’s my understanding), why would there be an annual mileage limit? Maybe I’m wrong or missing something. Either way, I agree, the numbers are not attractive at all.
The annual mileage just sets the buyback price and therefore the balloon payment.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
The only ways Ford Options makes sense are:

1. You cannot qualify for a higher monthly payment because of income, debt, or credit score; or
2. You plan on paying off the lease early or refinancing in a few months; or
3. You do not trust that resale values will stay high and want to transfer risk to Ford; or
4. By the time your truck arrives Ford rates become competitive.

I ran the monthly payment schedule on both 36 and 48 months and the 36 month was actually lower because of the much lower 41% residual.

I just locked in a 60 month 2.89% with my credit union. The credit union direct route would give me a 30 day lock but the dealer guaranteed a 90 day lock through the same credit union.

My deal = $25k down, finance 60k with 63 monthly payments of $1,027.80.

Some credit unions will lock 30 - 90 days.

Expect marketplace rates to increase by up to 1/2 point by the end of June, and another 1/2 point by the end of July. Then, who knows?

OP
OP

Mb9182

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E. F150 Lightning Lariat

1. You cannot qualify for a higher monthly payment because of income, debt, or credit score; or
3. You do not trust that resale values will stay high and want to transfer risk to Ford; or

I ran the monthly payment schedule on both 36 and 48 months and the 36 month was actually lower because of the much lower 41% residual.

I just locked in a 60 month 2.89% with my credit union. The credit union direct route would give me a 30 day lock but the dealer guaranteed a 90 day lock through the same credit union.

Expect marketplace rates to increase by up to 1/2 point by the end of June, and another 1/2 point by the end of July. Then, who knows?
This is pretty much the route I think I’ll go. I did Ford Options on my Mustang Mach E because I knew it was going to be short term and they gave $2500 rebate (offset the $2k markup over msrp).

I’m not sure if this will be a long term truck for me or not, but I am pretty confident it’s going to have unusually high value over the next year for sure, maybe 2.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This is pretty much the route I think I’ll go. I did Ford Options on my Mustang Mach E because I knew it was going to be short term and they gave $2500 rebate (offset the $2k markup over msrp).

I’m not sure if this will be a long term truck for me or not, but I am pretty confident it’s going to have unusually high value over the next year for sure, maybe 2.
I was really hoping Ford Options would be the ticket for me based on the MME incentives & rates.

Guess Ford will lose out on their financing arm when I get my CU to give me the loan.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

I'm along these same lines for financing. I have a 2.79% for 72 months locked as of yesterday. I've got $25 to $30k equity in my current car, but am considering only $10K down and investing the other $15K. It's about timing of the markets - they are way down. If they were to have even half a bounce back like they did 2 years ago I could pay for a good chunk of the truck vs dumping the money directly into it.

It is simply about timing of the markets and when will they bounce back and what do you invest in? Call me crazy, but I still think it is $TSLA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I would like to hereby offer anyone on the forum who's taking delivery to buy out their Ford F150L with 10,500 miles on it for 55% residual after 3 years, especially Pro owners.

$40,000 - $7500 * .55 = $14,500. Yup, I'll draft a contract. Any takers?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I really don't understand the residual...is that what Ford will say it is worth IF I buy the next vehicle from them? Return that amount to me as if I sold the car to a buying service? I'm really clueless about this.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I really don't understand the residual...
Simplest way I know to put it is that the residual is the guaranteed sales price that you pay to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease period. If you don't want to buy the car, or it is worth less than the residual, you can walk away.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I really don't understand the residual...is that what Ford will say it is worth IF I buy the next vehicle from them? Return that amount to me as if I sold the car to a buying service? I'm really clueless about this.
Think of it as a pre-set value of the vehicle after the closed end lease contract ends.
You pay for the depreciation during the lease and if you want to buy it out (because the value is greater the residual value) just pay the bank to own it.

If you either don't want it anymore or the value is less than the residual, then you can turn her back into the leasing bank (usually it's the dealer).

Most of my leases have returned back to the bank but my recent PHEV lease is a winner to buy out (Honda Clarity PHEV) because the value is double the residual.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
So if it is worth less than the residual, I walk away and have no equity in a vehicle for the next one as a down payment? Even if it is worth more, do I have to buy it to get that equity?

As I said, I am clueless about how this works.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN