• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass app broken for days

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
My Ford Pass app has not connected to my truck for 3 days. When trying it often crashes the app. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Rafis29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Itā€™s been like three weeks. I still havenā€™t been able to remote start my truck. Battery will randomly update, but nothing consistent. Ford chat has accomplished nothing.
Everything working fine before the 3.4 update.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Itā€™s been like three weeks. I still havenā€™t been able to remote start my truck. Battery will randomly update, but nothing consistent. Ford chat has accomplished nothing.
Iā€™ve been having similar issue, including Plug & Charge not working. I talked to both FordPass app and Ford BEV Customer Service Reps by phone.

FordPass CS said they were seeing I was having intermittent loss of truck modem communicationā€¦.FordBEV CS said they were seeing intermittent 12V error events with my truck, which could be causing the intermittent modem communication issues.

Both CS agents recommended I visit my dealer for a full diagnostic evaluation...Iā€™m scheduled for this Wednesday. I though about checking my 12V LVB connections myself, but I was able to get in fairly quickly so Iā€™ll just follow the recommended process.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
no problems here

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Sponsored

Rafis29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Iā€™ve been having similar issue, including Plug & Charge not working. I talked to both FordPass app and Ford BEV Customer Service Reps by phone.

FordPass CS said they were seeing I was having intermittent loss of truck modem communicationā€¦.FordBEV CS said they were seeing intermittent 12V error events with my truck, which could be causing the intermittent modem communication issues.

Both CS agents recommended I visit my dealer for a full diagnostic evaluation...Iā€™m scheduled for this Wednesday. I though about checking my 12V LVB connections myself, but I was able to get in fairly quickly so Iā€™ll just follow the recommended process.
Hopefully it isnā€™t a hardware issue. Itā€™s too early to have these kinds of problems.

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
And the gremlin worked its way out. Ford pass working again.

timothyedwards

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT, Chevy Avalanche, Nissan Leaf
Glad yours is working!

I have been unable to get the app to lock/unlock/start my Lightning today while sitting in my driveway. I have good cell coverage for ATT and VZW. I was working with Apple support on an unrelated issue and they ran a diagnostic confirming my iphone is good. I did offload the Ford app and reload it with no success. I know I added my home wifi to the Lightning a while ago and I have good coverage into the driveway. Last night while out to dinner I was unable to start/unlock by app when we were leaving. We did stop at Graeter's for ice cream (15 minutes later) and the app did work to start/unlock at that time.

Historically the app will sometimes stay on the initial Ford logo and not load all the way. I usually close it and restart with the app successfully loading on the 2nd attempt. The response is usually slow for the first selection and then any selections after are fairly responsive. I figure that the connection (cellular) between the app and vehicle takes a minute (literally) to create the secure connection. Have others had the same experience?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Iā€™ve been having the same gremlins with FordPass app

eg, I hold down the start button and it spins and spins and never pops up the green banner up top saying truck on/shut down in 15 mins - but I walk out and truck is on

or alternatively, same spin/no banner and I walk out and truck is off

lock/unlock similarly glitchy

app itself crashy

PUT THE START BUTTON BACK ON THE FOB

if you want to give us a redundant app start for folks who prefer it, fine - but assuming both the keys and phone are already in reach:

ā€¢ starting truck from the fob takes one step: double-tap button (and can be done in my pocket)

ā€¢ starting truck from phone takes a few more steps: pull phone from pocket, open phone (FaceID/password), navigate to app, await app load, hold button for a two-mississippi count, wonder if truck did start, app crash, reopen, two-mississippi, wonder, curse, open meditation app, re-achieve enlightenment, open home front door to check if truck started, curse, navigate back to app, two-mississippi, truck starts

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I have had a few issues with the modem. I have an appointment to reset the modem at the dealer in October. From what I have gone through, these issues seem to be caused by the trucks inability to connect to the internet through your home wifi. This is because of a software update introduced in an update. I have not had any issues over the last few weeks so maybe it got fixed in the subsequent update. Who knows.?!? I might chalk this up to early adopter pains.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there ā€“ send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thanks!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mine will connect and I can start/lock, but the charging information has been wrong for weeks. It keeps telling me it is set to charge to 100% at home, which it doesn't, it stops at 90% where I had it set when I got the truck. It needs a little help.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I have had a few issues with the modem. I have an appointment to reset the modem at the dealer in October. From what I have gone through, these issues seem to be caused by the trucks inability to connect to the internet through your home wifi. This is because of a software update introduced in an update. I have not had any issues over the last few weeks so maybe it got fixed in the subsequent update. Who knows.?!? I might chalk this up to early adopter pains.
I had the same experience as you, to include a lack of consistency with access to my connected services (EA charging). Ford BEV & FordPass CS recommend a Service visit as they were seeing an intermittent loss of communication with my truckā€™s modem.

An all-day service visit revealed a fault at the charge port, potentially due to water infiltration šŸ™ƒ. Replacement on orderā€¦not relying on DC fast charging until itā€™s replaceā€¦AC charging isnā€™t an issueā€¦.No FordPass issues since the service visitā€¦.go figure šŸ¤”

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
reminds me to go stock up on chalk
Sponsored