• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass stopped updating

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Trucks seems to be fine but the app has t updated in 24hrs. Doesn’t show current range, location of whether it’s plugged in. Will let me lock and unlock doors however if connected via blue.tooth. Anyone have this experience?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes, many. Some find that if they turn off WiFi and lock the car it seems to help, but no proof of that.

OP
OP

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Tried that to no avail. But it now appears the truck isn’t connecting to my home Wi-Fi either, or detecting any available networks.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine did that a couple of weeks ago. It didn't update for about a day then just started working again. I think some people had success with a soft reboot of the SYNC system. Press and hold volume down and the right button that cycles through the radio presets in your steering wheel.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Occasionally I have these symptoms, Android 4.22.0, this version was last updated on 10/9/2022 running on a Samsung S10e.

Often I see a delay when I do a pull-down refresh in the app, the animation of the little circle swirly-do has not been rendering properly for several weeks, but most of the time the action completes within 60 seconds.

When it fails to refresh, I force stop the application, close all screens and restart Ford Pass, this usually causes the app to communicate with the cloud, interrogate the truck for current status' and all is good.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Also, make sure your FORD.COM account is not locked out, test with a web browser, of locked, get it unlocked.

Then log out of FP, then log in again.

OP
OP

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Thanks to all for the suggestions. It’s magically working again

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Mine stopped working yesterday morning and still not able to connect. Cannot get into the connected drive menu on the truck screen….tried all suggestions. I guess will wait a few more days maybe for some magic…

OP
OP

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
I called ford pass and they had me do a soft reset- it didn’t fix it right away but it came back online within about 15min. If you haven’t tried that, you might- just hold down the volume - and the fast forward buttons on the steering wheel for five seconds.

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Thanks, I tried it this morning but didn’t seem to fix it. Also did a reset of the whole thing (lost all my settings and preferences) and still nothing. Disappointing….

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Having the same issue with the app not refreshing and updating battery level. Started yesterday. Tried resetting the car and deleting / reinstalling the app

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
These are some steps I take to revive a unresponsive Ford Pass app, this is for an android mobile device.

1. Press and hold the app icon until this pop's up, then tap the app information symbol
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass stopped updating 1669996937895

2. Click force stop, then close out the screen and retest the app, if it fails to respond and communicate with the cloud / truck, repeat steps 1 & 2, then proceed to step 3
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass stopped updating 1669996973957

3. Slide down/up on the screen to show the storage option, select it.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass stopped updating 1669997031920

4. Clear only the cache, do not clear data or you will need to reconfigure the app.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass stopped updating 1669997218193

5. Close out all screens and launch the app, hopefully it connects to the cloud and pulls the trucks current status when you do a "PULL DOWN" refresh request, 10-50 seconds later it should update, or try a lock or unlock command to wake up the app/truck.

Last edited:

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
I don’t think it’s the app. Most likely the truck modem. When I gk to settings of connected services it fails to enter that particular menu. I called 1-800-883-2966 (ford pass services) and they told me there’s no communication from the car’s modem to their server.
Once I get home from work I will call them again and they said they would have me do a few things in the truck to try to reboot that. If not, they recommended dealership.

Can you believe it? Less than 2 weeks old truck…

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I don’t think it’s the app. Most likely the truck modem. When I gk to settings of connected services it fails to enter that particular menu. I called 1-800-883-2966 (ford pass services) and they told me there’s no communication from the car’s modem to their server.
Once I get home from work I will call them again and they said they would have me do a few things in the truck to try to reboot that. If not, they recommended dealership.

Can you believe it? Less than 2 weeks old truck…
Yes, I had the same type of issues with my truck’s modem back in August shortly after I took delivery.

I periodically have delayed FordPass iApp issues, and the ProPower control feature still doesn’t work, but for the most part the features do function.

One trick I use to wake-up the truck’s modem is to activate the door “Lock” function (even though I know they’re locked). It generally (not always) seems to wake the truck up and the battery statu/miles remaining will update shortly thereafter……🤔

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Add me to the list of app app failure as of this morning.
Sponsored