• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass stopped updating

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Within the last 9 days, I had this happened 4 times, and had to disconnect the 12V negative every single time. This is really frustrating!
The dealer doesn't even have a clue, this forum contains a lot more information, unfortunately...
Yeah, again blame @Ford Motor Company .

Their lack of communication and transparency with the dealers is frankly embarrassing. Alot of people have come to these forums searching for information because this community is more informed than the dealers.

Until Ford guts upper management and actually tries to change their processes these things will continue.

Fantastic truck, horrendous customer support.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just spoke to Ford and they have confirmed that it was the latest update that messed stuff up. They dont have a fix for now and tell you just to wait for the next update scheduled sometime in February.
Good morning! If you'd like some assistance with your update concerns, feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info. I can look into things on my end.

Greenhme

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
I just disconnected the negative wire on the 12V Battery and can confirm that it does fix the issue. For how long time will tell. One note that I did notice is the radio station memory is gone.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My Ford Pass started working on its own. I just stopped paying attention to it. For me it’s too much of a hassle to disconnect the 12v have to put in my presets again. I’d rather take my key fob and call it a day. Eventually @Ford Motor Company will fix it

Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
When I left the truck yesterday at the dealer, Ford Pass was not updating. I think the dealer disconnected the 12V and it worked exactly when I tried to pick it up in the afternoon.
Last night it stopped working again and it's been 16 hours, not updating. I believe this is the 5th time in 8 days.
I will PM @Ford Motor Company and see if they can check this issue.

This is what the dealer put in the report:

"Checked PTS website and found the connected vehicle history updates every day. The problem is not with the vehicle. The vehicle is sending out the information to the Ford website. Checked for codes. No related codes found. Checked Oasis and no TSB's or special service messages found. Checked for software updates. None found. Recommend the customer check his phone to make sure it's fully updated and the Fordpass app is fully updated. No problem found at this time."

:unsure:

Canadian Lightning

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Anti Matter Blue Lariat
I just disconnected the negative wire on the 12V Battery and can confirm that it does fix the issue. For how long time will tell. One note that I did notice is the radio station memory is gone.
I did the same . Everything is back up and working

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Ford Pass started working on its own. I just stopped paying attention to it. For me it’s too much of a hassle to disconnect the 12v have to put in my presets again. I’d rather take my key fob and call it a day. Eventually @Ford Motor Company will fix it
Well I contacted the @Ford Motor Company on this forum through a PM and got a canned response from them as follows:

"Software updates are rolled out to different vehicles at different times, if you are concerned about the availability of a specific update, we suggest reaching out to the Service Manager at your local Ford dealer, they will be in the best position to assist you. In regards to your Ford Pass concerns, we recommend reaching out to our Ford Pass Team here: 855-542-7821. The Ford Pass Team will have the resources needed to troubleshoot your updating issues.

Ford Social Media Team"

I thought I was going to get some more help but it's a vicious circle. My app stopped updating, yet again. Because the app isn't updating meaning the trucks modem is acting up and the only fix at this time is to remove the battery terminal to reset it. If I don't do that I am not sure if I'll be able to get any new update.

I find this response absolutely useless. I expected more. Rant over. For now.

oh and btw: i was told by FordPass Support team that the update at the end of January will fix the problem. And, idk if it was the 4.1.1 update but clearly that didn't. Will see what the February update brings.

Last edited:

Greenhme

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Well I contacted the @Ford Motor Company on this forum through a PM and got a canned response from them as follows:

"Software updates are rolled out to different vehicles at different times, if you are concerned about the availability of a specific update, we suggest reaching out to the Service Manager at your local Ford dealer, they will be in the best position to assist you. In regards to your Ford Pass concerns, we recommend reaching out to our Ford Pass Team here: 855-542-7821. The Ford Pass Team will have the resources needed to troubleshoot your updating issues.

Ford Social Media Team"

I thought I was going to get some more help but it's a vicious circle. My app stopped updating, yet again. Because the app isn't updating meaning the trucks modem is acting up and the only fix at this time is to remove the battery terminal to reset it. If I don't do that I am not sure if I'll be able to get any new update.

I find this response absolutely useless. I expected more. Rant over. For now.

oh and btw: i was told by FordPass Support team that the update at the end of January will fix the problem. And, idk if it was the 4.1.1 update but clearly that didn't. Will see what the February update brings.

We will see what the Feb update brings in store. Wish Ford would setup mobile service like Tesla. I am sure that 80% of issues can be taken care of at the comfort of your home or business.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the same . Everything is back up and working
Did the same battery disconnect this morning and back up and running. Ford Pass app stopped working a day or two after my truck got 4.1.1 update. Wish there was more transparency on versions and being able to go back if there are problems.

Sponsored

Greenhme

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
App worked for almost two days and has stopped updating range and battery percentage again.
Reset fuse 32 on your body control will get it to work instead of pulling the battery. You will not lose all your radio presets. The body control module fuse box is on the right side kick of the passenger side.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My dealer pushed 2 updates to my truck 2 days ago, 1 for the Gateway and 1 for the DCFC system. I have a 2023 that I picked up in early December, haven't recieved an OTA updates.

I haven't had an issue with the modem seizing up yet, fingers crossed that Gateway update is a fix.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer pushed 2 updates to my truck 2 days ago, 1 for the Gateway and 1 for the DCFC system. I have a 2023 that I picked up in early December, haven't recieved an OTA updates.

I haven't had an issue with the modem seizing up yet, fingers crossed that Gateway update is a fix.
May have to take my truck to the dealer again.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I have 4.1.3 and have this issue as well.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Mine stopped yesterday evening. which has happened in the past. Only once did I need to do the battery disconnect . Other times it just starts working again
Sponsored