• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My 4.1.2 OTA apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️ updated while parked in my garage overnight Wednesday, with no notice in FordPass or in the Truck….I got in my truck Thursday a.m, and Shazam, all new menu (love that camera touch activation) and benzyl-operated control functions 😲👍👍.

4.1.3 installed Saturday, but that is a post for another thread😎
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I noticed that after this update installed that they lowered the temperature threshold where it warns you to plug in while not driving. I was getting that warning pretty much every time i stopped driving for the last 6 weeks but since the update it only popped up once when it was around 10 degrees. Hopefully it’s a rare occurrence from now on because it was super annoying.

Rockythepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning
Mine got updated to 4.1.2.1 this morning. However no change in menu or temperature/fan/volume wheel options. Don't see any changes.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update Screenshot_20230207_093836_FordPass

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hey Ford..if you're listening.

How about you enable Glare Free Headlights in an OTA update. They are safer than regular high beams and now legal in the US.

If a person doesn't want them..they can always toggle them off.

(We know the capability exists with current hardware).

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Is there some tow menu hidden somewhere other than under the home button at the top? That tow menu seems to be missing some features that was there before... or something.

Long story short it appears like my trailers were deleted. I hit the "default trailer" option just to see what would happen.. suddenly one of my old trailers loaded but now I can't get it to turn off again. Thinks I am consistently towing a trailer that's not even in the menu. Hitting "no active trailer" changes nothing. Range continues to be estimated down no matter what I select.

Anyone else run into this yet or tried towing/selecting a trailer under the new GUI?

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
Bummed. I have a Lariat ER and I am still on 4.1.1 which was upgraded in Jan 28. Seems like most of the Lariat's got it already. I did have the cellular modem issue and had to do the battery reboot trick a week ago.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
So mine just did the 4.1.1 on Saturday and broke blue cruise, Paak, and no longer being up to date on the app. Still shows Saturday's charge percentage and no other updates. Hoping this one sets things strait.
Yep got mine updated last week. It broke Ford pass and connectivity. Two hours at dealership last week and they were clueless. Dealership reset to factory settings and no good on fix. Broke blue cruise and phone as a key. Logged out of Ford pass and now unable to reconnect period. This update sucks. Ford customer relations and support over phone hold me all 2023 lightnings that updated are broken in same manner as mine. They claim update fix early February. Mine has been out going on Two weeks. Not happy camper for this price of vehicle.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Just got done playing with it in the driveway. I also really like the changes. Well thought out and looks much more organized. I like all the Controls and Settings on one page.

Using the Volume knob for multiple functions makes sense and is safer to use while driving than all the touch & slide. Good job by the Ford team.

P.S. Didn't mess up my FORscan coding. Still have the Glare Free headlights and remote up/down windows, etc.

20230117_195905.jpg
20230117_195915.jpg
20230117_200009.jpg
This is cool!!
FORscan coding. Still have the Glare Free headlights and remote up/down windows, etc.
—-
I have FORscan on iOS with OBDLink MX+ OBD2 dongle. Guessing I am overlooking these settings in the iOS App FORscan..? What are you using to do all this? Thanks I’m advance.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
This is cool!!
FORscan coding. Still have the Glare Free headlights and remote up/down windows, etc.
—-
I have FORscan on iOS with OBDLink MX+ OBD2 dongle. Guessing I am overlooking these settings in the iOS App FORscan..? What are you using to do all this? Thanks I’m advance.
Using a wired OBDLink EX with a Windows 10 laptop (regular Windows FORscan install). I use Android on everything else, so honestly not too familiar with iOS.

The key is double and triple checking that all the coding is exact. If you get any SUM errors, something is off.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Using a wired OBDLink EX with a Windows 10 laptop (regular Windows FORscan install). I use Android on everything else, so honestly not too familiar with iOS.

The key is double and triple checking that all the coding is exact. If you get any SUM errors, something is off.
Thank you for the information. I’ll start my digging and more research. Kinda new with Fords. Sounds like I might need to buy another OBD and cable link to use on my laptop. I’d really like to customize things like I’m used to doing on my jeep wrangler. I have full control of all its modules, sets belt warning chimes off, you name it….

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for the information. I’ll start my digging and more research. Kinda new with Fords. Sounds like I might need to buy another OBD and cable link to use on my laptop. I’d really like to customize things like I’m used to doing on my jeep wrangler. I have full control of all its modules, sets belt warning chimes off, you name it….
I've done a lot in the past with VAG com (VW/Audi) and it is similar to FORscan. It has always seemed easier to me with Windows and a USB cable.

The initial instructions in the thread did work for me so far as the coding. The preset menu items also worked for me. Overall, I'm happy with the options and flexibility of features. Anti Glare headlights is by far the most meaningful, however.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Yep got mine updated last week. It broke Ford pass and connectivity. Two hours at dealership last week and they were clueless. Dealership reset to factory settings and no good on fix. Broke blue cruise and phone as a key. Logged out of Ford pass and now unable to reconnect period. This update sucks. Ford customer relations and support over phone hold me all 2023 lightnings that updated are broken in same manner as mine. They claim update fix early February. Mine has been out going on Two weeks. Not happy camper for this price of vehicle.
Try disconnecting 12V battery ground terminal for a minute. That worked for me (for a few days anyway and then I had to do it again and again..).

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
It’s an on the fly auto install that does not require it to be offline. I had been home for about 30 mins when I got the notification it installed so not sure if it downloaded on the road or at home.
How long was it after you got the 4.1.1 update that you got the 4.1.2 update? Looking forward to that one. I finally got my 4 1.1 yesterday.
Sponsored