• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
How long was it after you got the 4.1.1 update that you got the 4.1.2 update? Looking forward to that one. I finally got my 4 1.1 yesterday.
I think it was about a month after 4.1.1. I got them on the day that they were released, so I wouldn’t think the distance between them now matters now that both versions are both released
Sponsored

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
I think it was about a month after 4.1.1. I got them on the day that they were released, so I wouldn’t think the distance between them now matters now that both versions are both released
Thanks, good to know hopefully I'll get the other 2 shortly now. Looking forward to getting them.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just received 4.1.2.2 this morning. This is the second time that I have noticed an update that has a 4th digit. Are others receiving the same or do your updates just show "4.1.2"? With my Mustang Mach-E, I only have 3 digits.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I am experiencing the connectivity issue between my 2023 Lightning Pro and the Ford Pass app. Called Ford Support this morning. After a bit of unsuccessful trouble-shooting, I was advised that my Lightning needed a firmware upgrade pursuant to Service Bulletin TSB-23-2050. This "fix" was just issued this week and impacts certain vehicles built before early December 2022. I gather it patches the DMU and TCU, and that it pretty much has to be done by the dealer. Without it, a Lightning will probably not get OTA updates. I am trying to schedule a service appointment now, and am hopeful that I can also get the dealer to update my Sync (currently at 4.1.1). As things progress, I will come back and report.

Additional note: This "fix" is apparently separate from an update that is supposed to come out later this month that addresses the modem freak-outs.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I just received 4.1.2.2 this morning. This is the second time that I have noticed an update that has a 4th digit. Are others receiving the same or do your updates just show "4.1.2"? With my Mustang Mach-E, I only have 3 digits.
Got 4.1.2.1 yesterday, but the update now is grayed out. FordPass acts like it installed correctly, but I'm not so sure.

I don't have the new user interface yet. Super easy to look for, I just look for the camera icon up top.

Edit: it's fully installed for sure now, but looks like they created two updates within 4.1.2 before getting the user interface upgrade.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
WTF Ford. Never got 4.1.2. Got 4.1.2.1 today, no updated Sync or anything.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Wait till tomorrow. It’ll be there. That’s what happened to me as well. When it installed I didn’t notice anything new and I guess everything applied over night and next day I saw the new UI. A day later I was upgrade to 4.1.2.2 with no discernible changes I could see.

what I did notice and cant Tell which update made it happen, the truck will now tell me which door is ajar. Prior to this it would just say a door is ajar.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Wait till tomorrow. It’ll be there. That’s what happened to me as well. When it installed I didn’t notice anything new and I guess everything applied over night and next day I saw the new UI. A day later I was upgrade to 4.1.2.2 with no discernible changes I could see.

what I did notice and cant Tell which update made it happen, the truck will now tell me which door is ajar. Prior to this it would just say a door is ajar.
Yep, one day later, all is well with 4.1.2.2!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Seems they may have updated these. For the first weeks only the 3 digit release numbers were known. Mine were also just 4.1.2 and 4.1.3.

just this last week have reports noted the 4th character for the 4.x.x SW.

LMcqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Indeed. I have been eagerly awaiting 4.1.2 after getting 4.1.1 last month. Yesterday I received 4.1.2.1.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 0499E3D3-76FE-4607-8772-0F83BE168352

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I finally received 4.1.2.1 a few days ago, after having the truck powered on for over an hour (between driving and parking lot time).

Then I received 4.1.2.2 today, same circumstances, after over an hour of powered-on time.

This seems consistent with the suggestion of making sure the 12v battery is charged.

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
I am experiencing the connectivity issue between my 2023 Lightning Pro and the Ford Pass app. Called Ford Support this morning. After a bit of unsuccessful trouble-shooting, I was advised that my Lightning needed a firmware upgrade pursuant to Service Bulletin TSB-23-2050. This "fix" was just issued this week and impacts certain vehicles built before early December 2022. I gather it patches the DMU and TCU, and that it pretty much has to be done by the dealer. Without it, a Lightning will probably not get OTA updates. I am trying to schedule a service appointment now, and am hopeful that I can also get the dealer to update my Sync (currently at 4.1.1). As things progress, I will come back and report.

Additional note: This "fix" is apparently separate from an update that is supposed to come out later this month that addresses the modem freak-outs.
I was having problems with the update and FordPass syncing. Finally yesterday I pulled fuse 32 from the passenger side fuse box and reset the modem/system. Immediately Ford Pass worked again and my updates started pouring in. I’m updated to 4.1.2.2 tonight and everything is working like a charm. Have you tried pulling the fuse to reset the system?

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I was having problems with the update and FordPass syncing. Finally yesterday I pulled fuse 32 from the passenger side fuse box and reset the modem/system. Immediately Ford Pass worked again and my updates started pouring in. I’m updated to 4.1.2.2 tonight and everything is working like a charm. Have you tried pulling the fuse to reset the system?
Yes, I have pulled the fuse - now twice because after a few days the modem hangs again. But I haven't received any updates yet.

ThatGuy10

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Retired Plumbing contractor
I am writing this here because I have read and read different threads and calling Ford OTA and have met all their preconditions plus extras others have said to try including putting a trickle chargers on before and during updates to get a 100% battery charge it says on FordPass that I received it on 12/17 and says update scheduled but it will not install. This is what I am seeing on FordPass I have been reading to pull fuse 32 and try to reset modem do giving that a try right now any help would be great thanks all, first post on forum

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update DBB62981-70C1-4E95-BC8B-02BB24A5A882

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I got an email from Ford saying my Sync was getting an update and would look different, presumably referring to 4.1.2 which was already on my truck when I picked it up. Looks more like a promo email but thought it was interesting to get.
Sponsored