• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I went out and started the truck for about 25 minutes in the garage. Turned if off and back in the house and 30 minutes later I got the update. Installed and done.

Love the changes and props to Ford. I didn't think they could do something like this.

First - it truly seems faster, will see after a few days. The settings and Controls are now collapsed into a single menu. The "Audio" section of the menu which had been greyed out for a long time is gone.

On to the good stuff, huge improvement on the seat heating. That slider was horrible. I really like the implementation of the fan, the temps, the seats.

Props to Ford. Truly all of this is big changes, but it does have a nice positive impact and I'm blown away they could accomplish something like this.

Edit to add - huge props for that full time Camera button at the top now.
Just got done playing with it in the driveway. I also really like the changes. Well thought out and looks much more organized. I like all the Controls and Settings on one page.

Using the Volume knob for multiple functions makes sense and is safer to use while driving than all the touch & slide. Good job by the Ford team.

P.S. Didn't mess up my FORscan coding. Still have the Glare Free headlights and remote up/down windows, etc.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 20230117_195905
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 20230117_195915
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 20230117_200009
Sponsored

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I assume this follows 4.1.1? I am still waiting for that one.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Got mine. Left work about 7. Got home around 8. Got a message that I received the update at 8:12.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like a good one. Can somebody make this thread a poll to see who has gotten the update -- I really liked be able to check that poll with previous updates.
Poll created, for those (like myself) who did not vote YES, remember to amend your vote once the update posts.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I won’t be playing the waiting game this time around. Picked up the Lightning from service and to my surprise

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 0659A845-2792-4160-87FC-5D2833D3DAC2

Love the Front Camera button…. Now bring on the customizable instrument cluster

Sponsored

ozeyad

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening, Ford Mustang, Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I haven’t received any updates since maybe September of last year! Is that normal?
It maybe worth mentioning that I own an XLT

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
How are y’all getting updates. I have not received a single one? Do I have to ask my dealer to push it to me

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
How are y’all getting updates. I have not received a single one? Do I have to ask my dealer to push it to me
Updates should come on their own. Some thinking goes that maybe the truck needs to be in service a few weeks before it gets the first one, but it shouldn't have to involve a dealer. I'm not going to say it won't, but it shouldn't.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
I just got it today and it followed like 2 other updates in the past 10 days. Like everyone else said this is significant and an amazing update!

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Very excited I got the new UI update tonight too. It changes the whole look and feel adds a camera link to the top at all times which was a big ask. The dial has a ton of new features. I recorded it real quick in a YouTube video, I am heading out now to do a more detailed look.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 1674013895334

Still haven't received the 3.5.2update.
Truck show I received the update.
Will probably have to take it into a dealeship to force the updates.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
No, be patient. I was on 3.5.4 until literally last week and then got 3 updates in 7 days. Until then I was in your shoes, saying I never get updates.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Updates should come on their own. Some thinking goes that maybe the truck needs to be in service a few weeks before it gets the first one, but it shouldn't have to involve a dealer. I'm not going to say it won't, but it shouldn't.
We're not getting updates because we bought our trucks at a loss to Ford. Only those models that made Ford money get cool update love.

My Pro only received one update I believe in September(?) and none ever since! What's more frustrating is instead of adding cool new features, they locked/restricted a bunch of stuff (like scrolling multiple times while driving), and made one pedal braking worse by increasing stopping distance. At this point, if Ford doesn't want to give us cool updates like the guys that paid way more than us, let me at least be able to revert to the previous version that didn't block a bunch of features.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Still haven't received the 3.5.2update.
Truck show I received the update.
Will probably have to take it into a dealeship to force the updates.
Where do you get the spreadsheet listing all the updates?
Sponsored