• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lightning Lariat,ā€˜21 Bronco, ā€˜17 F350, ā€˜76 K20
Occupation
IT
Has anyone with a MY23 revived 4.1.2 or 4.1.3?
Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
It looks like Ford is figuring the update problems out. 4.1.1 arrived on my truck just three days ago, and 4.1.2 installed today.
My run of good fortune continues. After getting 4.1.2 on Saturday, 4.1.3 just installed today.

When I initially got my truck the 3.5.2 update was showing as ready to install but never did and after many weeks of back and forth with Ford I ended up going to my dealer who updated everything for me.

Since then, after using the battery disconnect trick to get the DTE update to install after multiple failed scheduled update failures, I've now had three updates in six days. It does indeed look like Ford is getting this all figured out so kudos to the Ford software and OTA teams. Hoping others have the same good fortune as me.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while youā€™re out on a road trip. If youā€™re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicleā€™s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
could you help determine why my truck has received zero updates thus far?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I received 4.1.2 early this evening (Jan 23), but the app says I received it Jan 24, even though it is still Jan 23, which is weird, maybe they are running on GMT or something.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while youā€™re out on a road trip. If youā€™re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicleā€™s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
Hey Ford Motor Company-- Nobody on here has received a 3.6.2 update and many of us are on 4.1.3 .. Can you explain? version history was 3.5.5 which updated to 4.1.1

Edit - Since @Ford Motor Company ghosted me :( , I went out and took a look at the Mach-E forums. They did receive a 3.6.2 update. Maybe @Ford Motor Company just partied to hard last weekend.

Also, FWIW, I tried doing this today on my truck with 4.1.3 and didn't get any pop-ups about preconditioning the battery for fast charging or any random noises like Teslas make when this happens.

Last edited:

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I don't understand why these updates are so hard to get. Why can't we download them someplace and use a USB drive? Is it the WIFI/Cellular connection? If you check for an update via the truck and you know there is an update how is it possible for the truck to not return the results.

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I am still on 4.1.1 and have been since 1/19.

Donā€™t they know how impatient I am for new toys?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I don't understand why these updates are so hard to get. Why can't we download them someplace and use a USB drive? Is it the WIFI/Cellular connection? If you check for an update via the truck and you know there is an update how is it possible for the truck to not return the results.
I understand where you are coming from and I'd be hopeful they'd get the releases out however they can, but you must not have owned a Sync 2 or 3 system. Updating with a USB was almost worse than having to poke your own eyeball out.

Things have changed these days, but no reason they aren't a big better with OTA/Wifi updates. That technology is more than proven for a number of years.

It is really their internal processes more than anything else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Has anyone with a MY23 revived 4.1.2 or 4.1.3?
Nope. Iā€™m three weeks in on mine and have not received any updates period. I donā€™t even think I have the DTE update but thereā€™s no way to tell.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
while i was plugging back in my frunk speaker to bring to dealer, i thought about giving disconnect the LVB for 5-10 minutes may bring me luck. Will keep everyone posted although I am not hopeful since this is my second time doing this.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
The 25 minutes in the garage was me. I did this because other than the really bad DTE release almost everyone of my releases has installed after a drive. The day this release started I was busy at work (at home) and couldn't go for a drive, but I could start it and let it sit in the garage. I did and it seemed to work.

Would it have received the update anyway, I don't truly know. I just know these trucks seem to really like to update after a drive or while they've been on for a while.

Other than a drive I'm not aware of anyone forcing an update unless you want to invest in FDRS and do your updates manually. That is a thing and there are guys that do that on a regular basis.
Was it plugged in while on?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Was it plugged in while on?
No - nor have I charged my 12 volt battery.

I didn't even get in the drivers seat, my garage is tight, I can't get to the drivers door without raising my garage door. So I got in the passenger side, reached over and pressed the brake pedal while hitting the start button. I listened to some tunes and played with settings for a bit. Turned the truck off and went in the house.

The truck wasn't locked.