• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I was updated to 4.1.2 this evening. Yesterday I noticed a “large” download (84MB) and then a few drive cycles later, it was updated. My vehicle is connect to Wi-Fi and I have a connectivity plan through ATT. However I have pretty bad connectivity (only 2 bars) when at home.

EA2901D7-8A8F-48F1-B8BC-AD1BA4224BAD.jpeg
4F1C3047-F52E-4A15-BFD2-D44BE71B9461.jpeg
Where are you viewing those download sizes? Is that thru your router? That looks like a Ubiquiti font?

I got mine tonight as well. Same as my DTE update, sitting in the garage after my drive home in the evening, on WIFI. Doors not locked, headlights not turned off, 12v battery untouched, parking brake not on, head not patted, tummy not rubbed, fingers not crossed.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Where are you viewing those download sizes? Is that thru your router? That looks like a Ubiquiti font?

I got mine tonight as well. Same as my DTE update, sitting in the garage after my drive home in the evening, on WIFI. Doors not locked, headlights not turned off, 12v battery untouched, parking brake not on, head not patted, tummy not rubbed, fingers not crossed.
Good eye. I have Ubiquiti APs along with a UniFi standalone cloud controller and a EdgeRouter Infinity UISP router/POE EdgeSwitch.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Good eye. I have Ubiquiti APs along with a UniFi standalone cloud controller and a EdgeMax Infinity UISP router/switch.
Rock on! Ubiquiti stuff is the best. I have the Cloud Key 2 and a couple Unifi AC Pro's and a few of their cameras. Im Still rocking the trusty old Edgerouter POE though. I've also been involved in deploying a bunch of their stuff at work.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
First charge last night (FCSP) after getting 4.12 about 4 days ago.

It blew through the 90% limit that I had set in the truck for home location and charged to 100%. Has never done this before. I never checked the app to see the target so my bad on that.

What are you all doing when this happens? Delete and re-add location?
Also a question on the 1 time charge limit...does this stay in effect until you remove it (or does it actually only apply for 1 charge and then get removed)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
First charge last night (FCSP) after getting 4.12 about 4 days ago.

It blew through the 90% limit that I had set in the truck for home location and charged to 100%. Has never done this before. I never checked the app to see the target so my bad on that.

What are you all doing when this happens? Delete and re-add location?
Also a question on the 1 time charge limit...does this stay in effect until you remove it (or does it actually only apply for 1 charge and then get removed)?

Thanks!
Try just editing the values without deleting them, that may cause the schedule to resume, adjust the max charge value up/down, or the time frames for weekday and weekend from your prefered setting for a day, then adjust back to where you like them another day.

The one time limit has always reset to the 90% default after I have used it during DCFC charging sessions, I never use it at home.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
this is the signal connection you currently have to AT&T .. it’s only 2 bars . You need sustained 4 bars for updates

C1131A2D-1F4A-45F8-8C1F-1189C148597E.jpeg

Why wouldn't updates occur over WiFi?
It even says in the app under Software Updates "connecting the vehicle to Wi-Fi can help download updates faster"

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
It even says in the app under Software Updates "connecting the vehicle to Wi-Fi can help download updates faster"
just speculation at this point

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
just speculation at this point
Based on what I have seen, and by tracking the wifi usage for the truck, I can confirm it definitely downloads updates via wifi.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I received 4.1.2 last night, 10 days after getting 4.1.1. Sitting in driveway, doors locked, not running, not charging. Connected to home wireless. Updated without issue. I did notice YouTube is not present. Everything else seems to be OK.

Reactions: GDN

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Based on what I have seen, and by tracking the wifi usage for the truck, I can confirm it definitely downloads updates via wifi.
Does it stay connected to Wi-Fi after the truck turns off? I don’t see it connected on my router about 10 min or so after I shut down the truck. I Could be wrong though.

Sponsored

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
Still no 4.1.2 (or 4.1.3) for me... I've tried most incantations listed above, maybe if I do a handstand in the frunk while the radio blares Eminem tunes? I'm running out of ideas at this point. :D

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I received 4.1.2 last night, 10 days after getting 4.1.1. Sitting in driveway, doors locked, not running, not charging. Connected to home wireless. Updated without issue. I did notice YouTube is not present. Everything else seems to be OK.
Youtube will come with 4.1.3 which probably won't take too long to get now.

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
DTE finally updated after 2 weeks of failure then 4.1.2 pushed yesterday. It didn’t even tell me there was an update and it also updated outside the time I set in the truck (2200-0400) at around 1700.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Does it stay connected to Wi-Fi after the truck turns off? I don’t see it connected on my router about 10 min or so after I shut down the truck. I Could be wrong though.
Not all the time. However I noticed it will connect initially when close by and charging, and then maybe intermittently throughout the day. My update came around several minutes after I set to do the preconditioning.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Mine installed while the truck was in the driveway, never touched the 12v battery but I seem to get most updates fine. Love the new heated seat control and the camera button. Hopefully they are working on generator mode for a future update. That's now my #1 request. Linking all the outlets in the vehicle to having the ignition on was not a good solution.
Sponsored