• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Mine is downloading now as well. It also says some CarPlay updates as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I am still playing the "adjust the time of update" games after i get back from each drive with no luck lol

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m assuming this is what I also received but Ford Pass isn’t updating yet

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games 771BB00B-0F43-4E78-A1DC-926D58C76EB2

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What is the i in your WiFi icon?
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 3.47.54 PM.png
If it's like my android based phone, this indicates the wifi on the phone is on but not connected to a network, the phone is receiving data directly from the cell network instead.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
How do I know if an update is downloading?
Only if you have wifi tools or other tools to monitor whatever network the truck is connected to. Most likely you'll never know.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I’m assuming this is what I also received but Ford Pass isn’t updating yet
Yep, probably 4.1.3; assuming you have 4.1.2. My Fordpass shows the same thing as you but if you go to the vehicle there is a very long description of the update like shown in post 15.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Only if you have wifi tools or other tools to monitor whatever network the truck is connected to. Most likely you'll never know.
Hmm...are these updates happening to MY23 yet? I have a 23 Platinum don't have 4.1.1 much less .1.2 or 1.3? How do I get it to upgrade?

Sponsored
OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Very quick first impression is YouTube isn’t usable. 2 mins of buffering for 3 sec of playback and repeat. With full strength Wi-Fi.
Yeah I had to lower quality to get it to work. I got closer to the wifi source and it did better

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I am still playing the "adjust the time of update" games after i get back from each drive with no luck lol
I’ll give you my experience on how I got 4.1.3

I’ve typically been getting updates while I’ve been driving or away from home. I hadn’t driven my truck yesterday so when I didn’t get it overnight I decided to go for a ride closest to cell phone towers near my house to see if I could get this update to push .

I drove about 5 minutes away (it was was 12:57 . I then changed my software update schedule to 1:00pm. I jumped out of my truck for 30 seconds and locked the truck . I then got back in and started driving . 3 minutes later and at 1:01 pm I received the notice my software updated to 4.1.3 . It felt like magic but also could just be a coincidence.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I’ll give you my experience on how I got 4.1.3

I’ve typically been getting updates while I’ve been driving or away from home. I hadn’t driven my truck yesterday so when I didn’t get it overnight I decided to go for a ride closest to cell phone towers near my house to see if I could get this update to push .

I drove about 5 minutes away (it was was 12:57 . I then changed my software update schedule to 1:00pm. I jumped out of my truck for 30 seconds and locked the truck . I then got back in and started driving . 3 minutes later and at 1:01 pm I received the notice my software updated to 4.1.3 . It felt like magic but also could just be a coincidence.
might be a crazy coincidence i feel like i have done every combination to try and kick in the software update with no luck
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: GDN