• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
anyone with MY23 received the latest update?
Nope, I'm driving it, parking it, lights off, brake on, doors locked, multiple times a day still waiting for 4.1.2, much less this one. It's ridiculous that I can't just push a button and get the software update.
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I see YouTube in my apps so I guess I have it. How do you check the version? I turned on auto updates and connected it to my wifi and I guess it's working. MY23 truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
We had lunch at the same lucky spot when 4.1.1 popped up, but no joy today from the cell tower gods!!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Received the PU Distance To Empty update last night while driving.

received 4.1.1. While parked in an underground parking garage this afternoon

completely random

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
The available in US only makes me worried
Feel like once I have the update, I may need to use ForScan to change APIM from Canada to USA...

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I see YouTube in my apps so I guess I have it. How do you check the version? I turned on auto updates and connected it to my wifi and I guess it's working. MY23 truck.
I have MY23 and no updates even in FDRS... now I am worried that it might be an USA only update, not for Canada :(

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
You know I thought about this and seeing processing being slow on the Lariat I wonder if the smaller screens might have less processing power? That might be a technology limit. Just speculating why they would do it
I have Lariat. just barely got 4.1.1 this past weekend. I don't think model has much to do with timing. Screen size is just that. the size of the screen. the 'computer' is the same as it is in my wife's Mach-E and my sons ICE F-150 XLT.

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
If it's like my android based phone, this indicates the wifi on the phone is on but not connected to a network, the phone is receiving data directly from the cell network instead.
Minor correction as I just turned this feature off today. It’s that the wifi isn’t connected but it can see networks available to join. When it’s connected to wifi it’s the same symbol without the “i”.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got 4.1.3 at 2:02 PM, we had just wrapped up a 50 mile round trip to Vanson Racing Leathers, I needed to get my drag race suit in for a pre-season tune up!!

About 10 minutes after parking a Ford Pass notification popup up saying I was now driving with the latest updates, I checked the console, sure enough the entertainment section is redesigned and has the YouTube player, I logged in and tested a couple of videos, the streaming was pretty good, video and audio were in sync. Now I can watch my favorite streams while charging on long trips.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Nothing here. I got 4.1.1 a couple weeks ago, but nothing since.
Same. I got 4.1.1 shortly after taking delivery of my truck... Nothing else since. I wonder if I have to get 4.1.2 then 4.1.3 or if it will skip and go to 4.1.3? Truck is connected to wifi and has decent cell reception, updates are scheduled... So who knows...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Same. I got 4.1.1 shortly after taking delivery of my truck... Nothing else since. I wonder if I have to get 4.1.2 then 4.1.3 or if it will skip and go to 4.1.3? Truck is connected to wifi and has decent cell reception, updates are scheduled... So who knows...
I think 4.1.3 is dependent on 4.1.2

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I just got 4.1.3.

I updated my vote on the thread poll.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
This is the final update I am waiting for!

Went from receiving zero updates to receiving the DTE, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 all back to back within 3 days! The only thing I have done differently was actively driving pass the cell tower that gives my truck full service and have had wifi off the whole time.

Youtube only works while parked I'm assuming but still a cool feature!

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
I'm still stuck on 3.5.4. Done the parking brake, locked doors, lights off multiple times. On wifi. Anyone come up with a way to force update?
Sponsored