• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
All Ford is on a roll this week just got 4.1.3 which includes Video Streaming of YouTube, NBC News And NBC Today. The update says it is for Lariat and Platinum only so not sure what if any the other models got. Good news is you dont have to have a streaming account to use it. It will work with Wifi or a hotspot. It also has two new games Bridge Builder and Parking lot. Here is a video of the features of the update and apps. The longer video showing the apps is processing now. I hope the updates keep coming way to go Ford. If you post videos please leave a comment on YouTube so I can follow your channel.
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I saw over the past couple days a couple people signed up for ford streaming hoping to get YouTube etc. They wish this one came in a little sooner

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I saw over the past couple days a couple people signed up for ford streaming hoping to get YouTube etc. They wish this one came in a little sooner
When I went in to activate, AT&T was offering three months free after Ford said I'd already used up my 30 day trial I never used. I figured that I'd go back and take their offer when I had more time to try to get YT working in the truck

tbross319

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150-Lightning
I sure wish there was a way to force or opt-in to these. I picked my truck up a week ago and its still on 3.X. My dealer wasn't aware of any way to force the update. Road tripping this weekend and YT would of been a nice to have

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I went in to activate, AT&T was offering three months free after Ford said I'd already used up my 30 day trial I never used. I figured that I'd go back and take their offer when I had more time to try to get YT working in the truck
Me too. I held out for this and got burned.

Sponsored

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
Ugh, I still don't have 4.1.2 yet, and now 4.1.3! :oops:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
A bit odd that they can't put YouTube on the smaller screen? I am guessing that even Ford is selling the SR vehicles as local commuters and doesn't expect anyone will be sitting in one at a Level 3 charger. Or are they hiding YouTube behind a multi-thousand dollar paywall to boost margins? I was stuck in a parking lot during game day for an hour, my passenger and I could've used some video entertainment. For everything I love about this truck, there's an equally puzzling omission!

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
A bit odd that they can't put YouTube on the smaller screen? I am guessing that even Ford is selling the SR vehicles as local commuters and doesn't expect anyone will be sitting in one at a Level 3 charger. Or are they hiding YouTube behind a multi-thousand dollar paywall to boost margins? I was stuck in a parking lot during game day for an hour, my passenger and I could've used some video entertainment. F everything I love about this truck, there's an equally puzzling omission!
You know I thought about this and seeing processing being slow on the Lariat I wonder if the smaller screens might have less processing power? That might be a technology limit. Just speculating why they would do it

woodruffpc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
All Ford is on a roll this week just got 4.1.3 which includes Video Streaming of YouTube, NBC News And NBC Today. The update says it is for Lariat and Platinum only so not sure what if any the other models got. Good news is you dont have to have a streaming account to use it. It will work with Wifi or a hotspot. It also has two new games Bridge Builder and Parking lot. Here is a video of the features of the update and apps. The longer video showing the apps is processing now. I hope the updates keep coming way to go Ford. If you post videos please leave a comment on YouTube so I can follow your channel.
I wonder what you’re doing to get all these updates. Are these all automatic updates or are you you selecting software updates in the settings? Are you sharing all your vehicle’s data with Ford? Any ideas on what you’re doing differently?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I wonder what you’re doing to get all these updates. Are these all automatic updates or are you you selecting software updates in the settings? Are you sharing all your vehicle’s data with Ford? Any ideas on what you’re doing differently?
I haven’t received one update yet and this is how mine is set up.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games image

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wonder why it’s only shown up for 1-2 all day. Usually many people start getting it once released.

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Glad to share, I did have sharing turned on but
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games 20230120_180725
in the new OS the setting are not working under connected vehicle features. I made sure I had strong WiFi to the truck from the house and set the updates to start early in the night. I am a beta tester but I don't think any of these are Beta releases.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m a EAP member too. I got 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 as soon as everyone else but this one hasn’t come for me yet. Not complaining, just wondering why.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
I just got this update coming back from lunch, a message popped up saying update successful and sure enough 4.1.3 installed.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I just got this update coming back from lunch, a message popped up saying update successful and sure enough 4.1.3 installed.
Same - truly installed on the fly. Previous updates all seem to truly install once I was home and parked in the garage.

A lot of text came with this one.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games Imagea

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games Imageb

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games Imagec
Sponsored

Last edited: