• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Aight, I'll make sure I provide feedback to Google then. Thanks!
Sponsored

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
22 Pro. Recieved 4.2.2 while charging at EA on a road trip on Tuesday the 4th. When I left the chargers the 12inch screen wouldn't finish the startup and then just went blank. Pulled over and restarted truck. The screen started up and went back to navigation as it was before. Then shut off and restarted. That has resolved itself but there is a zap sound that would come across the speakers whenever I would change screens, songs or get a text or phone call. It still happens at least once everytime I drive the truck. It has gotten better but still there. Anyone else experienced this on this or other updates? Did it resolve itself?
Thanks.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
No, that's all android auto, it always launches over the top of Ford/Sync map, but what I do is bring on the Ford/Sync map back afterward, then leave AA as a background tab/card which I can call up to see it's integrated features (phone dialer, etc).

Once I got used to the Top icons for Home-Menu, Truck-Settings and Camera all was good.
To clarify- I distinctly recall pre- update, I was able to scroll through my radio (Sirius/XM) channels in the bottom of the screen while I had my Android plugged in and Android Auto was active with the map on the top the screen.

Post update, in order to see my radio channels, I need to toggle back and forth from the radio and Android Auto to see the radio stations. I figured out that I could change the station from the steering wheel, and the screen would flash the name of the Sirius/XM channel on the screen, but I cannot simultaneously view radio stations on the screen when Android Auto is active-- Do I have that right?

When you said "got used to the Top icons for Home-Menu, Truck-Settings," this is the way I have to go to toggle over to see the radio stations.

And one other issue- I did not seem to have any ability to use the screen to answer an incoming phone call. Someone kept calling, and finally, I had to call them back because there was no icon on the screen to answer the phone, or to hang up.

Frankly, this sucks. I liked it better the old way.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
To clarify- I distinctly recall pre- update, I was able to scroll through my radio (Sirius/XM) channels in the bottom of the screen while I had my Android plugged in and Android Auto was active with the map on the top the screen.

Post update, in order to see my radio channels, I need to toggle back and forth from the radio and Android Auto to see the radio stations. I figured out that I could change the station from the steering wheel, and the screen would flash the name of the Sirius/XM channel on the screen, but I cannot simultaneously view radio stations on the screen when Android Auto is active-- Do I have that right?
It's been a while since I got the new layout, not sure how that tab looked previously, you might be right.

When you said "got used to the Top icons for Home-Menu, Truck-Settings," this is the way I have to go to toggle over to see the radio stations.
If you've had a "Radio Stations" tab/tile active previously but it's not been viewed most recently, the tab/tile scrolls off to the right, which you can swipe left to see what's hidden off to the right, unless you have deleted the tab/tile by swiping down/up, then you definitely need to revisit the home button to activate the radio tab.

And one other issue- I did not seem to have any ability to use the screen to answer an incoming phone call. Someone kept calling, and finally, I had to call them back because there was no icon on the screen to answer the phone, or to hang up.
I've had my own issues with call reception with the recent updates, even when I'm on the correct screen (AA) I can see the answer / reject buttons and they work fine, but the caller sound doesn't always take super-priority over music though the radio is muted, the caller can't be heard, though they can hear me.

As far as being on another screen while the call is coming in, I would hope that the AA tab becomes active immediately to present the call controls, I don't get many inbound calls as it is so I haven't experienced what you are seeing.

Frankly, this sucks. I liked it better the old way.
Use the voice feedback system to tell Ford what you are experiencing, even though some of the issues may be AA, that doesn't relieve them from making sure the Sync system plays well with AA or CP.

Bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got 4.2.2 today, it updated on its own (got a notification from FordPass) and I went from 3.5.2 straight to 4.2.2 which seems bit odd, but I’m not complaining. However, am I seeing things or did album art while using CarPlay get smaller?

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I just got 4.2.2.1. Guess how I knew I got an update? My audio went back to coming out of the center channel only again. Knowing how to fix that I did. Another side effect I noticed is the phone ring volume reset to maximum-scare-you volume. Anyhow, glad to see things moving along.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I just got 4.2.2.1. Guess how I knew I got an update? My audio went back to coming out of the center channel only again. Knowing how to fix that I did. Another side effect I noticed is the phone ring volume reset to maximum-scare-you volume. Anyhow, glad to see things moving along.
How do you fix the stereo coming out of one speaker. I've seen someone else report this on another thread or forum and they didn't know how to fix it.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
How do you fix the stereo coming out of one speaker. I've seen someone else report this on another thread or forum and they didn't know how to fix it.
Go to Audio settings and change from surround to stereo then back.

jwb02

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Did you go from 4.1.1 directly to this? I have a Platinum w/ nearly identical build and delivery dates and I am still on 4.1.1 (received on 1/20).

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Did you go from 4.1.1 directly to this? I have a Platinum w/ nearly identical build and delivery dates and I am still on 4.1.1 (received on 1/20).
No. A few weeks ago I got 4.2.1.2.

Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I’m still on 3.5.4, anything I can do to force an update? The truck says it’s still up to date

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I’m still on 3.5.4, anything I can do to force an update? The truck says it’s still up to date
About the only thing you can do if you have nothing being pushed to you is to find FDRS and update yourself. $500 cable and $50 every two days for the SW license. If you've by chance had a release pushed to you and it just didn't install, that is likely a 12 volt battery issues. There are reset procedures for the LV SOC posted here on the forum.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
You can pull fuse 32 in the cab, then do a BMS reset, then do the hokey-pokey. It might update.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
4.2.2 is a monster download (6GB). When I look in Oasis, it says downloading, but you click on that it shows download complete (for well over a week). Went the FDRS route last weekend and I have the new interface. Tried updating all other modules this weekend hoping to get PaaK, but no dice yet.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I have the new UI, no streaming apps. Software update tab said 4.2.2 is available a few days ago. I still don't have any notifications on the truck nor the app on an attempt to install it. Maybe it hasn't finished downloading it?
Sponsored