• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
It's supposed to resolve the intermittency of updates, to get it installed you need to do the battery disconnect/reconnect or pull & reinsert fuse 32 in the right kick panel, often these actions will reset communications failure for a while during which you might get the update and permanently resolve the issue .... or not.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Just got this today. I had changed my update time from 1am to 3:35am just prior to getting 4.2.3 last week. Don't know if it helped or is just a coincidence.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I received 4.2.4 this evening!

Truck had not been driven since Monday afternoon, I took her out for a coffee run, at the time there was no indication the a download was pending, nor the past couple of days via the FP app.

Parked and shut off the truck, went into Dunk's ordered my coffee and in ~5 minutes, returned to the truck and started her up, immediately got the notification of this update.

I'll be watching for any glitches and performance improvements with modem communications as mentioned below.

EDIT 5/4, forgot to mention I got the "air dam" warning pop up while jumping on the highway in 60° weather.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.2.4 Modem Connection Issues 1683167793580

Last edited:

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
...And I went to get in the truck for the first drive since this was installed and guess what? powertrain malfunction/Reduced power warning and power capped at 4%. Great.
Mine similar. I saw the old mileage on mine, so turned it off, then on. All those idiot lights turned on, and would not start. Turned truck off, waited 30 seconds, and then it started right up.

But what is this, the 3rd or 4th update that is mostly about getting the modem to work?

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck didn't charge on FCSP last night, no notifications that there was a problem. Have plenty of charge and adding a few electrons at work (seems to be working anyways). I'll try again tonight and if it fails again I'll give the "delete location" trick a go. I don't know if it's related to the update as Tuesday night did charge just fine.

Sponsored

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
Anyone notice the warning tones changing with 4.2.4 or is it just my imagination?

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Might want to adjust title to reflect correct version number :)

I think I need to change my update time or something, I've stuck at "Not completed" for a few weeks now.
I used to get not completed so contacted ford and they told me to charge to 85% instead of 80% and that that solved the problem. It seems the 12volt battery doesn't get a sufficient charge when main is just charged to 80%.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I used to get not completed so contacted ford and they told me to charge to 85% instead of 80% and that that solved the problem. It seems the 12volt battery doesn't get a sufficient charge when main is just charged to 80%.
Interesting, I thought the battery would get sufficient charge while the truck was on. I drive for almost an hour on my evening commute, I would like to think my 12v is charged up even before I plugged in.

I did end up changing my update time, to 3:35 am. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I started getting my updates in a timely manner after that.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Is there a way to check what Sync version you have? My truck hasn’t had an update since I got it a month ago but besides checking the software update tab I was just curious if there’s a way to see since these numbers in the About menu don’t seem to be correlated to 4.2.4 or whatever I’m on.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.2.4 Modem Connection Issues IMG_1595

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Bump for awareness
Sponsored