• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford pro charger solenoid is clicking on and off every 10 seconds. Anyone have this happen?

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys, I'll try to upload a video. It's acting strange. Doesn't seem to be charging. Scheduled to charge at midnight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
So I opened the driver door and closed it. It seemed to correct the issue for 5 minutes or so. Them now its clicking on and off again. But not delivering any charge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine has periodically made clicking sounds, engaging for a few seconds then disconnecting.

How long has your FCSP been in service?

Have you tried shutting the FCSP down for a few minutes then powering on again?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Also try clicking the "Charge to 100%" does it stay connected or continue to cycle on/off?

If it' working normally, then click resume schedule to see if the problem returns or resolves.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Just yesterday. I was thinking about it. I looked on the ford pass ap and it says update pending. I wonder if its updating ot what.. But when I unplug it its fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Also try clicking the "Charge to 100%" does it stay connected or continue to cycle on/off?

If it' working normally, then click resume schedule to see if the problem returns or resolves.
I did that. When I click charge to 100 its fine. It's just that the rates are sky high this time of Night so I shut it down quick. Afterwards it started doing it again

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine has done it a couple of times. I don't think it's the FCSP. I think it is something with the truck. The charge ring lights next to the charge port turn off and on when this happens.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just yesterday. I was thinking about it. I looked on the ford pass ap and it says update pending. I wonder if its updating ot what.. But when I unplug it its fine.
You have a firmware update to post to the FCSP,
Disconnect the truck CCS1 cable
Shut down the FCSP, wait five minutes.
Power on the FCSP, wait 15-30 minutes for update to process.
Reconnect the truck.

As Pioneer mentions, periodic stand-by clicking is not unusual, mine does it too.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I agree. I think the truck is acting wierd.. gonna do as taxman suggested

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
The update took. I just plugged it in and it's clacking away. I know that solenoids have a service life. If this think keeps going for an hour I may just let it charge. Not sure what the truck is doing. I also may reach out to customer service.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I opened the driver door and closed it. It seemed to correct the issue for 5 minutes or so. Them now its clicking on and off again. But not delivering any charge.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Gents, Ive got 7K miles on my lightning and most of that using the charge station pro at my house. Yesterday I plugged in the truck at around 4pm knowing that I have a schedule where it shouldn't charge until midnight. I noticed something weird that I hadn't seen before- the charge station pro got into this cycle of an internal relay clicking on and off with a few seconds in between. Over and over. I tried re setting the power on the charger, I tried plugging and un plugging the truck. Nothing helped. I decided to let it continue. Im actually not certain how long that went on but maybe 2 hours later I went out in the garage to find that the charger was behaving as normal. Any one else seen this?

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys Happy Easter.

This morning my charger faulted. It charged the truck up fine but now it's got the yellow fault light. Trouble shooting required based on the manual.

I turned off the breaker and opened the unit. Checked continuity at the spade fuse and the paper fuse behind the white small cover ( the high voltage fuse that leads to the delivery chord). All else seemed fine. The light won't turn off.

I guess I'll call in to Ford tomorrow.

Does anyone know who would come out to service it? Or will I need to remove it and bring it to the dealer.

I have a feeling this is gonna take a while....

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys Happy Easter.

This morning my charger faulted. It charged the truck up fine but now it's got the yellow fault light. Trouble shooting required based on the manual.

I turned off the breaker and opened the unit. Checked continuity at the spade fuse and the paper fuse behind the white small cover ( the high voltage fuse that leads to the delivery chord). All else seemed fine. The light won't turn off.

I guess I'll call in to Ford tomorrow.

Does anyone know who would come out to service it? Or will I need to remove it and bring it to the dealer.

I have a feeling this is gonna take a while....
Bummer and good luck with that. If for some reason it would help to see a working unit Ive got one over in Jamul. I will be interested to hear how this works out.
Sponsored