• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Roll-up Tonneau Cover

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Looks good, I am considering getting that exact cover!!

Did you install yourself, or pay the $50 for dealer install?

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks good, I am considering getting that exact cover!!

Did you install yourself, or pay the $50 for dealer install?
Installed it myself.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
I have a silly question because I am new to trucks. Should I assume that a cover like this will prevent me from installing any sort of rack above the bed?

Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Picked this tonneau cover up from my local dealership today. Used the 22k in reward points I got from buying the truck and the gift card I got for the delayed Charge Station Pro.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2015-2021-hard-roll-up-tonneau-cover-for-5-5-bed-1

20220817_190858.jpg

20220817_192537.jpg
Looks just like the Bakflip I have on my 2017 but with Ford logo. I am thinking about going with a rolling cover that goes into the housing in the bed. Who knows, the bakflip has been great, you will love that

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks just like the Bakflip I have on my 2017 but with Ford logo. I am thinking about going with a rolling cover that goes into the housing in the bed. Who knows, the bakflip has been great, you will love that
I had the Bakflip trifold on my list truck for 13 years. It was really good for the most part. The seals ended up shrinking up eventually and it would leak more. It was pretty heavy to fold up too, which was the reason I went with this one. It's super easy to roll up.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a silly question because I am new to trucks. Should I assume that a cover like this will prevent me from installing any sort of rack above the bed?
It doesn't cover up the holes on the top so you can still mount a rack.

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Thanks!

Is it possible to have it just partially rolled up?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Used the 22k in reward points I got from buying the truck
do I remember seeing somewhere that those points can only be applied to a purchase made at the dealer?

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hey Bg226. If you don't mind me asking. Was that enough points to purchase or did you also put money down?

I had the same cover on 2 of my trucks. They are the best because you still can use the full bed when needed. Only downside is you can break into them easily. Just like most of the hard sided covers with plastic tabs.

But it keeps prying eyes out and things really dry.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Hey Bg226. If you don't mind me asking. Was that enough points to purchase or did you also put money down?

I had the same cover on 2 of my trucks. They are the best because you still can use the full bed when needed. Only downside is you can break into them easily. Just like most of the hard sided covers with plastic tabs.

But it keeps prying eyes out and things really dry.
And for those who live in snow country, after a snowy day parked at work you don't have a bed full of melting snow flooding your heated garage every night.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Should I assume that a cover like this will prevent me from installing any sort of rack above the bed?
Depending on what kind of rack you're referring to, there's also covers like the RetraxPro XR which has T-slots integrated in the bedcover so that you can attach various types of racks over the bad/cover.
Only downside is that it rolls down / into the bed and takes up some space, but with the Frunk I figured that if I'll ever need the full length/height of the bed I can always just pop it out since it isn't permanently attached.

I believe the Ford OEM version is called Embark LS but I don't know if there's any difference between it and the Retrax version.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
You are correct. The Revolver x4 (which is essentially what the Ford one is, just rebranded) doesn't have accessories to mount on top. If you want to mount accessories then you'd want the RetraxPro XR. It's a rolling style but rolls into a canister, so it's more sturdy. It has rails on the sides that let you install accessories (like a bike rack, ski rack, cargo carrier, etc...)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/retraxpro-xr-for-2021-ford-f-150-w-5-7-bed/

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks!

Is it possible to have it just partially rolled up?
You can partially roll it up, but it won't stay if you drive. There are straps to lock it in place only when it is completely rolled up.
Sponsored