• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
FORD UNVEILS AMERICA’S FIRST ELECTRIC PICKUP TRUCK PURPOSE-BUILT FOR POLICE: 2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING PRO SSV

JUL 28, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 150-lightning-pro-ssv-electric-police-truck-6-jpe

• 2023 Ford F-150® Lightning™ Pro Special Service Vehicle provides the modern, always-on work-ready truck police departments need to help lower costs, drive efficiency and accelerate customers’ sustainability goals
  • F-150 Lightning Pro SSV combines benefits of an electric powertrain with law enforcement-specific interior features of F-150 Police Responder®, including police-grade heavy-duty cloth seats, built-in steel intrusion plates and available roof-mounted LED warning beacons
  • Ford Pro™ helps make the transition to electric easier for municipal customers with its top-selling1 police vehicle lineup, software, charging, service and FinSimple™ financing – now offering municipal loan options for charging solutions including installation, hardware and software
DEARBORN, Mich., July 28, 2022 – Ford Pro™ continues to help guide cities into an electrified, software-driven world with the launch of America’s first electric pickup truck purpose-built for police: the 2023 Ford F-150® Lightning™ Pro Special Service Vehicle.

Ford has been providing police departments with the vehicles they need to protect and serve communities for more than 70 years. Currently, Ford Pro customers include more than 12,000 police departments across the country and its police vehicle lineup outsells all other police vehicles combined1. The company attributes this success and customer loyalty to the automaker’s close collaboration with its customers, specifically the Ford Police Advisory Board.

“We're proud to offer America’s first electric police pickup truck to local government customers who can use the truck’s game-changing technology to help improve their productivity,” said Nate Oscarson, Ford Pro national government sales manager. “Pro Power Onboard can serve as a mobile power source2 to light up evening accident scenes on the highway, the electric powertrain helps to potentially reduce costs associated with fuel and scheduled maintenance needs3 and the Mega Power Frunk provides extra lockable storage on top of purpose-built police additions our customers have come to expect from the leader in police vehicles.”

An intelligent electric truck purpose-built for police

The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV blends familiar Built Ford Tough® power and performance, including available sub-four-second 0-60 mph acceleration capabilities4, with the vehicle’s high-tech electric platform and innovation with Ford Pro’s real-time software and support.

The F-150 Lightning Pro SSV is designed to handle specialized departmental needs outside of pursuit situations, such as assisting at an accident or crime scene or giving departments the ability to tow a boat or trailer. Purpose-built features from F-150 Police Responder® include:

• Police-grade heavy-duty cloth seats with reduced bolsters to help holstered officers enter and exit the vehicle more easily
  • Built-in steel intrusion plates in the front seatbacks.
  • Available red/blue, amber/white roof-mounted LED warning beacons
  • An upfit-friendly reinforced instrument panel top tray for easy mounting of police equipment
  • Easy-to-clean vinyl rear seats and vinyl flooring
Standard features include:

• Interior: 12-inch digital cluster screen and 12-inch landscape-style touchscreen on the center stack
  • Exterior: Mega Power Frunk gives officers 14.1 cubic feet of lockable cargo area in the front and offers easy access for upfitters to locate a 220-amp DC-DC power source
  • Targeted performance and capability: 452 horsepower, 775 lb.-ft. of torque5, 7,700-pound towing capacity6 and 2,235 maximum payload7 with a standard-range battery, and sub-four-second 0-60 mph acceleration4, 580 horsepower, 775 lb.-ft. of torque5, and 10,000-pound towing capability6 with the extended-range battery
  • Technology: Intelligent Range, SYNC® 4, over-the-air Ford Power Up software updates and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology, including Automatic Emergency Braking and Blindspot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross-Traffic Alert8
Accelerating productivity and sustainability with the Ford Pro platform

As part of Ford Pro’s platform of connected vehicles, software and services, the targeted zero-emissions9 police truck comes pre-configured to seamlessly connect to a department’s existing fleet of Ford and non-Ford internal combustion engine and battery-electric vehicles, chargers, and fleet management software. When used together, police departments can proactively manage when vehicles are charged and serviced, resulting in potentially lower operating costs and improved uptime.

Ford Pro SSV customers also benefit from access to the following:

• Available Ford E-Telematics™10 which delivers manufacturer-grade information, insights and solutions on potential solutions on fuel management, vehicle health and more
  • Established network of more than 650 electric vehicle-certified Ford Commercial Vehicle Centers across the United States, offering sales, service, financing and charging solutions, as well as 2,300 Ford electric vehicle-certified dealers.
  • Consultative services related to charging installation and operation, data management and digital services
  • Ford Pro™, through its commercial lending arm FinSimple™, offers flexible financing options for municipalities for vehicles as well as for charging solutions including depot installation, hardware and software to assist in the transition to electrified fleets
  • Ford Pro’s Body Builder Advisory Service – a complimentary resource with guides and the latest information on how to add specialty tools and aftermarket equipment
More information on 2023 F-150 Lightning, including range, will be released later this summer.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 6.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 5.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 4.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 3.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Unveils 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 2023 F-150 Lightning PRO SSV Electric Police Truck 1.JPEG
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
..I could have just gone to the police auction instead of ordering my black F-150L Pro?

After owning a Taurus, a Marauder, and an Explorer. I was really excited to be able to commute normally in my F150L and not get stuck behind some jerk who was going 20 over and all of a sudden decides to do 5 under the speed limit when he sees me but yet doesn't move out of the left lane.

So much for that...

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Great….Ford can only build a fraction of the Lightnings they have current demand for, so they introduce a new version to serve a new market! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
..I could have just gone to the police auction instead of ordering my black F-150L Pro?

After owning a Taurus, a Marauder, and an Explorer. I was really excited to be able to commute normally in my F150L and not get stuck behind some jerk who was going 20 over and all of a sudden decides to do 5 under the speed limit when he sees me but yet doesn't move out of the left lane.

So much for that...
The Marauder was an under the radar, unappreciated vehicle. I only know it existed because my brother owned one. That sucker could fly!

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
  • Exterior: Mega Power Frunk gives officers 14.1 cubic feet of lockable cargo area in the front and offers easy access for upfitters to locate a 220-amp DC-DC power source
  • Available Ford E-Telematics™10 which delivers manufacturer-grade information, insights and solutions on potential solutions on fuel management, vehicle health and more
These were the two bullets that caught my eye.

I wonder if this high power DC-DC converter will be available to the general public. I know there are some accessories that demand more juice than the 60A of 12v power that Ford says is available on the standard trucks.

I also hope that these "E-Telematics" are made available as a service to individual owners as well.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Great….Ford can only build a fraction of the Lightnings they have current demand for, so they introduce a new version to serve a new market! 🤷🏼‍♂️
I've been waiting on a Mach-E and they keep selling them to NYPD.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This won’t be chasing anyone past 80 mph

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
It isn’t bad enough that half the cars on the highway brake as you come up behind them and half the trucks give you a rumble strip salute, now the rest will.

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone notice the 0-60time? It is the exact same specs as the ER lightning but they are claiming sub 4s times.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
This won’t be chasing anyone past 80 mph
What are you talking about? The F150L will be one of the most powerful vehicles in a police fleet and will definitely be the fastest full size pickup in the fleet. An ICE may be able to travel a little farther at top speed but a F150L could still travel a couple of hundred miles at top speed and car chases seldom last that long.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I’m curious about comment that range ratings will be coming later this summer. Does that mean the F150L will be getting a range update for 2023? I think Ford is going to have to increase range and charging speed to compete with the Silverado EV next year.
Sponsored