• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass app denial and delivery?

RWS150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Has anyone noticed a relationship between the timing of the FordPass app activation being denied and the delivery of your truck to the dealership? Mine has been sitting at the port here in CA since the 22nd and today my FordPass app was denied. I’m picturing a truck driver hopping into my truck to load it and clearing the screen from the app prompt to use the backup cameras. Maybe wishful thinking 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Mine was active then denied late May and I still have no news.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Mine was active then denied late May and I still have no news.
From all the posts I’ve read - no consistent pattern. I would think ford would prefer these drivers to deny.
‘my 2 denials came in May perhaps engineers put the 85 plus miles on it.
then accepted last week when moving between lots. Maybe a lower scale person who shuttles between lots.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
It means that a human has touched the infotainment screen. That human could be at any place between the factory and your driveway.

Getting denied is good because it usually means someone is moving the vehicle somewhere. Could be movement to long-term storage or onto a transport vehicle, you just can't tell.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine has been sitting at the port here in CA since the 22nd
Port Richmond? Mine has also been there since June 22. Hope we are on the move!

Sponsored
OP
OP

RWS150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We’ll, 3 hours after I started this thread I got the call, my truck was loaded on a transport and is headed to the dealership. If you’re in Port and your FordPass app is changed in some way it might be on its way soon.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
As I reported to others, mine has been pending activation for over a week now and I just went to Built status today. So I hope to get something soon.

Anyway, they should enable the ADT/Ford Canopy security system. This way you can see whats going on around you.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass app denial and delivery? IMG_3278

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The FordPass app has a nice update today on iOS. Fixes a problem with "Activation" of vehicle.

I have previously been declined activation. I removed and readded the truck and I've been getting an error (that I had a few weeks ago) that was just feature unavilable or something like that.

I updated the app and immediately was able to try and activate again. So if you are having app issues, you might go update your apps this morning and try again. Then you'll be at the mercy of someone accepting it. At least you'll be able to try.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass app denial and delivery? IMG_1537

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine was denied during shipping and now says I have no user rights when I try to activate it. It says to give Ford a call to help with modem activation. So yeah…..

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I was one of the lucky ones that it was approved, and the truck was driven to a rail yard around 20 minutes way. At the moment, its in sleep mode so I can't track or do anything with it. However once they wake it up (whenever that might be) I should be able to find its location.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I was one of the lucky ones that it was approved, and the truck was driven to a rail yard around 20 minutes way. At the moment, its in sleep mode so I can't track or do anything with it. However once they wake it up (whenever that might be) I should be able to find its location.
John
you can wake it up. Lock the doors. After confirmed refresh the screen.
‘I have to do it daily.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I would be very careful about locking doors. You might lock the key in it and your truck get stuck there for a while.
I would agree - either they have some sort of master keys or I'm guessing they never lock these trucks. No way they carry the keys around to the thousands sitting out there.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
John
you can wake it up. Lock the doors. After confirmed refresh the screen.
‘I have to do it daily.
I would be very careful about locking doors. You might lock the key in it and your truck get stuck there for a while.
I would agree - either they have some sort of master keys or I'm guessing they never lock these trucks. No way they carry the keys around to the thousands sitting out there.
I woke mine up several times already….lol

I also enabled securialert - this way I can see if the doors, tailgate, etc are opened/closed.

What concerns me though is one person (ordered a non Lightning) has been waiting 3 weeks for a rail/pickup.
Sponsored