• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass App Stopped Working

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
A few days ago, my FordPass app stopped talking with my 2023 ER Lariat Lightning. It no longer updated mileage and charge and would not allow me to operate anything remotely through the app. I tried all solutions I could find on the internet, including deleting and reinstalling the app and ultimately doing a master reset of the computer in the truck. Unfortunately, none of this worked and I was left with all of my settings being reset so I have to go through setting up everything all over again. This was very frustrating. After reinstalling the app and doing a master reset of the computer, the app prompted me to activate the truck in the app. I tried this several times. When this did not work, the app prompted me to contact customer support. I pushed the button and a very nice and helpful person answered the phone and offered to help. When I told her what was going on, she said this is a known issue in 2023 Lightnings (and Broncos). She said the app works for a while when you get the truck (mine has worked since November) and then it suddenly stops working. She said their engineers are working on it and they hope to have a fix in February. Thought anyone else having this problem might like to know what is going on before they go through hours of work trying to reconnect their FordPass app.
Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The easiest thing to do here is to open up the panel in the center of the back wall of the frunk, then use a 10mm wrench to loosen and then disconnect the negative terminal on the 12v battery, then give it about 30 seconds (not sure if any amount of time is necessary, just what I do), then reconnect the cable (careful, it will likely spark as you reconnect), then tighten it back onto the terminal and you should be back in business. This has happened to my truck 2-3 times now. This definitely works to get the truck and app communicating again. It is annoying, but does the trick until Ford fixes the issue.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Same problem with mine just the other day 2023 lightning lariat extended range. Just wondering when you disconnect the 12 V battery do you lose any of your settings? Thanks.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just finished doing mine the disconnect the battery procedure worked perfectly reconnected to the app instantly thank you again for the help. Sorry if this appears twice new to using forums.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

Sponsored

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
Coool! I have ‘23 lariat and same issue. Will try battery. But…. Any insight of if you lose settings?

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
Just tried. Worked great to remove black terminal. No settings lost. Thanks!

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No settings will be lost. I had the same question and another user help me out. The only thing you’ll have to do is close the Frunk manually. just lower it down till it catches and then closes and then it will be fine and I believe your EV driving history will be a raced. My vehicle also showed 90% power available not battery percentage but on the power metre but that went back up to 100 shortly after.

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Platinum
A few days ago, my FordPass app stopped talking with my 2023 ER Lariat Lightning. It no longer updated mileage and charge and would not allow me to operate anything remotely through the app. I tried all solutions I could find on the internet, including deleting and reinstalling the app and ultimately doing a master reset of the computer in the truck. Unfortunately, none of this worked and I was left with all of my settings being reset so I have to go through setting up everything all over again. This was very frustrating. After reinstalling the app and doing a master reset of the computer, the app prompted me to activate the truck in the app. I tried this several times. When this did not work, the app prompted me to contact customer support. I pushed the button and a very nice and helpful person answered the phone and offered to help. When I told her what was going on, she said this is a known issue in 2023 Lightnings (and Broncos). She said the app works for a while when you get the truck (mine has worked since November) and then it suddenly stops working. She said their engineers are working on it and they hope to have a fix in February. Thought anyone else having this problem might like to know what is going on before they go through hours of work trying to reconnect their FordPass app.
I received a similar response from the FordPass team on my 23 Platinum. Outside of remote start lock/unlock, nothing works or is logged in the FordPass app. EV driving, charge logs, and trip planner do not function.

They mentioned it's a known issue with the modems on the 23 model year Lightnings, and it doesn't seem to affect the 22s. Ford offered two solutions; wait for the February update or have the dealer reconfigure the modem. If the dealer is unaware of the fix, they can contact the FordPass team for direction. I love this truck, but the support/information from Ford is very frustrating.

My truck is at the dealer for a battery fault, so I asked them to update the modem (as well). I'll let everyone know the result.

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
I received a similar response from the FordPass team on my 23 Platinum. Outside of remote start lock/unlock, nothing works or is logged in the FordPass app. EV driving, charge logs, and trip planner do not function.

They mentioned it's a known issue with the modems on the 23 model year Lightnings, and it doesn't seem to affect the 22s. Ford offered two solutions; wait for the February update or have the dealer reconfigure the modem. If the dealer is unaware of the fix, they can contact the FordPass team for direction. I love this truck, but the support/information from Ford is very frustrating.

My truck is at the dealer for a battery fault, so I asked them to update the modem (as well). I'll let everyone know the result.
May be too late but would you mind asking whether it's safe for a number of owners to be popping off the neutral repeatedly?

I was watching a video for a Tesla Model S 12v battery replacement and they stated that the "fireman's loop" should be pulled to disable the HVB before touching the 12v.

This was basically because the car could be shifting into a charge cycle for the 12v battery from the HVB and it wasn't safe to be touching it during this time.

I'm not sure if the F150 wakes up periodically and maintains the 12v or just waits until it's driven. There's a lot of people popping off the neutral on a weekly basis at the moment (myself included).

Thanks!

Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Pulling fuse 32 works to reset the connectivity in the truck without having to mess with your battery. Presets are not lost.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
pulling the negative from the 12v battery solved it for me also. Just pull the door undo the 10mm nut. Left it disconnected around a minute and replaced it.

picked up my phone used the unlock button it worked and the app was updated to the current status of the truck. Remote start works again nice when its so frigging cold outside lol.

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
I saw this tonight on Ford.com -> Support -> Technical Service Information page after searching using my VIN - 2023 Platinum
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022
23-2050
10 February 2023
Model:
Ford
2023 F-150 Lightning
Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
Issue: Some 2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022 may experience an inoperative FordPass application, inoperative remote start and/or inoperative remote lock and unlock that may be combined with diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) U0146:09 stored in the telematics control unit (TCU) and U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the gateway module (GWM). This may be due to the software level in the TCU. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software level via a coordinated flash.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2023 F-150 Lightning
• Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
• At least one of the following conditions:
- Inoperative FordPass application
- Inoperative remote start
- Inoperative remote lock and unlock
- DTC U0146:09 stored in the TCU
- DTCs U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the GWM

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know if the fix in this TSB will eventually be a OTA update ? I am either taking off the negative or pulling fuse
32 once a week or sooner lately.

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
I’m in the same boat. For variety, I did do the fuse the last time. Frankly, I’m sure Ford is well aware of the issue and knows that customers are pulling battery cables, they just don’t care. If and when it gets media attention they will look into it. Until then, we are on our own. After all this, I have discovered a way to predict it’s time to pull, when CarPlay disconnects its link. So there is that helpful add to the knowledge base.
Sponsored