• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hit zero range at about 250 miles with about 5 kWh in the battery. HVAC Cut off but he kept driving to about 260 miles, slowly losing power. At about 2 kWh in the battery the truck stopped. He put it in park, turned it off, turned it back on, and it wouldn’t even shift out of Park.
So I think it is safe to say you can run it to say 0-1% and there will be a ~3kW buffer drivable. I am NOT recommending this, but it is possible--you shouldn't run out.
(Unlike the eTron which is when it hits zero you're DOA)
Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
So I think it is safe to say you can run it to say 0-1% and there will be a ~3kW buffer drivable. I am NOT recommending this, but it is possible--you shouldn't run out.
(Unlike the eTron which is when it hits zero you're DOA)
ford knows we are dumb and will ignore the warnings so they give us dummies a nice buffer

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
ford knows we are dumb and will ignore the warnings so they give us dummies a nice buffer
Owned Ford vehicles for many years, they are cautious/conservative. All my Ford ICE vehicles could go well past E and "0mi DTE" on the display...

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
So the range is 250 miles @70mph, slightly below EPA 267 miles range. Not bad.
With air condition running and 100 degree heat.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Owned Ford vehicles for many years, they are cautious/conservative. All my Ford ICE vehicles could go well past E and "0mi DTE" on the display...
My Flex has a full gallon of gas left at “0 mi of range”.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
With air condition running and 100 degree heat.
it would’ve been interesting to know what HVAC impact was on the range. I believe there’s a screen that shows this data.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What is your opinion of all those trolls and anti-EV people commenting on that video? Especially with one of them saying the following:

Screenshot 2022-06-12 141506.png
That doesn't seem Anti-EV to me - it seems like someone wanting to spend lots of $$$$$ (if they are being honest) to trick out and upgrade their Lightning. People do that all the time with ICE vehicles - this sounds like a lot of pricy work though. If they can afford it - great. Figure out some aftermarket solutions for the rest of us.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
What is your opinion of all those trolls and anti-EV people commenting on that video? Especially with one of them saying the following:

Screenshot 2022-06-12 141506.png
Sounds like he's just throwing around a lot of words without really knowing what he's talking about. Kind of like a guy who got sold an expensive XYZ system and he just regurgitates what the sales guy told him about why he needs it. Not anti-EV, just a run-of-the-mill troll. It did make me think of this video though which I love:

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
That doesn't seem Anti-EV to me - it seems like someone wanting to spend lots of $$$$$ (if they are being honest) to trick out and upgrade their Lightning. People do that all the time with ICE vehicles - this sounds like a lot of pricy work though. If they can afford it - great. Figure out some aftermarket solutions for the rest of us.
True, Its not exactly anti-EV, but I see it as someone who's trying to make themselves look smart by saying a bunch of big buzzwords. The fuel cell company mentioned in the following screenshot by the same guy, they don't make propane fuel cells, and the 200kW unit they do make is refridgerator sized (86" x 48" x 30"), so no, he couldn't easily fit that in the trunk. Its meant to power a ship. It also weighs 2310 pounds.

https://www.ballard.com/about-balla...roduct-specification-sheets/fcwave-spec-sheet

Ford F-150 Lightning From Full Charge to 0%! Ford F-150 Lightning 70-MPH Highway Range Test [OutofSpec Kyle] photo_2022-06-12_09-03-31

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
True, Its not exactly anti-EV, but I see it as someone who's trying to make themselves look smart by saying a bunch of big buzzwords. The fuel cell company mentioned in the following screenshot by the same guy, they don't make propane fuel cells, and the 200kW unit they do make is refridgerator sized (86" x 48" x 30"), so no, he couldn't easily fit that in the trunk. Its meant to power a ship. It also weighs 2310 pounds.

https://www.ballard.com/about-balla...roduct-specification-sheets/fcwave-spec-sheet

photo_2022-06-12_09-03-31.jpg
Isn't that all social media and Youtube really is anyway for the most part? Lots of bad actors out there.
Sponsored