• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

From "released to body company" to "built" timeline

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
For those who have a bed liner, is there any sense of how long it took to go from being released to the body shop to achieving built status? My dealer said VVR had body shop on Friday (it could have actually happened much earlier, he hasn't been checking it daily like I check the tracker).
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Ford updates aren't really in real time and I feel sometimes not even in order on the VVR sheet.

I never got the sense that getting the bed liner itself is longer than a day.

I was tracking my build week time ranges between those w/ liners and w/o and the liner seemed to add ~2-3 days of "delay."

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
For those who have a bed liner, is there any sense of how long it took to go from being released to the body shop to achieving built status? My dealer said VVR had body shop on Friday (it could have actually happened much earlier, he hasn't been checking it daily like I check the tracker).
Based on current affairs, you likely will wait a whole lot longer waiting for your vehicle to ship that worrying about how long a bedliner takes.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Based on current affairs, you likely will wait a whole lot longer waiting for your vehicle to ship that worrying about how long a bedliner takes.
I think I am close enough to Michigan that it'll ship convoy, not rail, which I am hoping mitigates some of those issues

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I hate to be that guy, but it gets released to "Body Company". The Body Shop is the name we use for the building the box and cab are assembled in.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Corrected title
And to answer your question, before COVID, it could be released and returned in the same day, maybe the next. Nowadays, it can be a matter of a day or two to a week. There is no rhyme or reason on how long anymore.
Sponsored