• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Frunk Tailgating

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Found this article today: https://www.thedrive.com/news/43158...er-frunk-could-get-even-better-for-tailgating

Hope something close to the patent application gets released. I used to pop the trunk to crank out the tunes and would love to pop the frunk instead!

From the article:
Ford put out a press release this morning detailing the humble beginnings of the frunk. It turns out that in a patent published in early October, the Blue Oval detailed a unique way to use the space and power it has under the hood. Forget tailgating around the back of the truck, Ford's patent equips the F-150 Lightning's frunk with an integrated table, a stereo system, and more.
Reference to this this thread about the press release mentioned in the article: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...er-frunk-began-as-a-cardboard-prototype.6987/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I remember my moms 1st gen honda crv came with a folding table

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I was recently taking measurements so that I could investigate building one of these myself, look forward to seeing what they come up with.

😬

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
That is cool. I'd rather speakers be built in vs something I had to fiddle with.
Sponsored