• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Full View Not Available" banner on camera view not helpful

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So hooked up the trailer today to take the mower in for service.

I like to keep an eye on the load so I started investigating the camera button options.

I get to the one that is the view for the trailer and it left me wondering what the programmers were thinking when they stuck a frickin banner across the center of it that tells me not only is it not available in a full picture view....the view that I do end up with is not insignificantly blocked by the banner that's telling me I can't view all of the picture.
Ford F-150 Lightning "Full View Not Available" banner on camera view not helpful Blocked

Thanks Cpt Obvious! 🤦‍♂️
Ford F-150 Lightning "Full View Not Available" banner on camera view not helpful Obvious

They couldn't have placed that banner in the lower left corner where it would only cover a portion of the rear bumper? Or maybe show the banner for 3 seconds and then it disappears?

And I do get the irony of a banner that says I can't see the full view.......because......banner.

Mike
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
So hooked up the trailer today to take the mower in for service.

I like to keep an eye on the load so I started investigating the camera button options.

I get to the one that is the view for the trailer and it left me wondering what the programmers were thinking when they stuck a frickin banner across the center of it that tells me not only is it not available in a full picture view....the view that I do end up with is not insignificantly blocked by the banner that's telling me I can't view all of the picture.
Blocked.png

Thanks Cpt Obvious! 🤦‍♂️
Obvious.gif

They couldn't have placed that banner in the lower left corner where it would only cover a portion of the rear bumper? Or maybe show the banner for 3 seconds and then it disappears?

And I do get the irony of a banner that says I can't see the full view.......because......banner.

Mike
Mike put the suggestion in! @fordmotorcompany does listen to us! I think in your case the banner is there to cover up the fact that you don't have a Kubota and you just have a John Deere. ( :) ). Kidding of course, but it wasn't that long ago that you couldn't get that view while you were traveling over a certain speed on our 12-in that's in our Platinum. We do not however have a banner. Feedback like this is definitely listen to and considered for the OTA updates.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mike put the suggestion in! @fordmotorcompany does listen to us! I think in your case the banner is there to cover up the fact that you don't have a Kubota and you just have a John Deere. ( :) )
My Kubota BX25D never needs to go in for repair....just the JD. A lot.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
My Kubota BX25D never needs to go in for repair....just the JD. A lot.
I was joking of course, however I have transported power bx-25d to multiple different sites, just not back to the dealer. We do love our ex-304 the four wheel steering mower by John Deere! 14 years of trouble free, except the silly plastic Hood!

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was joking of course, however I have transported power bx-25d to multiple different sites, just not back to the dealer. We do love our ex-304 the four wheel steering mower by John Deere! 14 years of trouble free, except the silly plastic Hood!
Understand the hood issue. Nice crack in the top of my X534 from simple opening and closing. I'm hoping it will die soon so I can rationalize a ZD1011 with 54" deck.

Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Cmon @Ford Motor Company … do better. That is absurd.

Today my car gave me a notification that charging had completed at 2:28pm. News flash, the truck was not even plugged in.

The voltage must have fluctuated enough to jump it from 89% -> 90% which triggered the alert. This is basic basic stuff. Then as I turned the truck off it let me know that charging would begin in 12:00am. Yet again, the cable was not even attached.

Y’all are never going to catch up with Tesla/Rivian… hire better PMs and SWEs

Sigh.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Y’all are never going to catch up with Tesla/Rivian… hire better PMs and SWEs
you had me ‘til this

i lurk those forums and - while of course there are things they do well, especially by now - there seem to be PLENTY of things they have f’d up over time

Making an iPhone car is hard!

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
you had me ‘til this

i lurk those forums and - while of course there are things they do well, especially by now - there seem to be PLENTY of things they have f’d up over time

Making an iPhone car is hard!
Its more than just 'bugs/quirks'. It's about how the SW/vehicle platform is architected, and ford seemingly has it all wrong. You'll see :)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Its more than just 'bugs/quirks'. It's about how the SW/vehicle platform is architected, and ford seemingly has it all wrong. You'll see :)
been in my for month, and in fords for decades

I get that it’s a Ford system, no doubt

I’m just not as sure that, on balance, Tesla/Rivian have other things figured out as well as Ford.

not a Ford fan-boy, but instead also not a Tesla/Rivian true believer

Sponsored

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
What is the point of “full view not available”. The screen is already showing me the full view. Minus the banner.

cmon @Ford Motor Company

Yup, it's absolutely useless and idiotic on my 12.inch screen, apart from blocking what I would want to see in my trailer

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I think its trying to tell you that it cannot show you what is behind the trailer because you do not have the camera that mounts on the back of the trailer. They must have figured everyone always hauls a giant camper trailer, not a flatbed, so putting the banner in the middle was not obscuring anything important.

The user manual seems to imply there is an optional trailer-mounted camera possible:

Ford F-150 Lightning "Full View Not Available" banner on camera view not helpful 1663360248895-

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
They should allow you to acknowledge the notification and then have the message banner disappear.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think its trying to tell you that it cannot show you what is behind the trailer because you do not have the camera that mounts on the back of the trailer. They must have figured everyone always hauls a giant camper trailer, not a flatbed, so putting the banner in the middle was not obscuring anything important.
I understand perfectly what the banner means. I also know I can buy the aux camera.

I just want to ensure my load isn't loose or the ratchet straps aren't flapping around.

And for some reason a decision was made to permanently block the center portion of the limited viewing area with an ironic and moronic banner that could be initially displayed and then be made to disappear if they wanted it to.

It wasn't thought through. And it's stupid.