• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gaming reservation dealer to get a wave invite

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
From what I have read on other threads it is easy to change dealers after getting invited in to a wave. If this is true why wouldn't everyone change to dealers that are getting allocations (e.g. those in California) so they get invited to a wave and then switch back to the dealer of their choice as it appears (at this point anyway) that the allocation follows to the new dealer.

Ideally Ford would have simply sent invites in reservation order regardless of dealer factors but since they didn't... maybe we should play games too!

I personally have no intention of doing this but I'm tired of waiting and am rather disappointed in how @Ford Motor Company is handling the reservation/invitation process. It is better than the Bronco but still seems to be unfair to both consumers and certain dealers. Allocation should be based entirely on reservations and dealers should be competing to get reservation holders to transfer in. This will surely help to combat ADM.

And of course no dealer stock should be delivered anywhere until all reservations have been filled, this was the greatest mistake with the process for the Bronco and will likely be repeated for the Lightning.

Come on Ford! It is not too late to fix this.
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
My understanding from dealing with my $30,000 ADM issue with Corwin Ford of Springfield, MO is that even if we have an order invite and switch dealers, the fulfillment of that order will follow behind the new dealer's existing allocations--the allocation won't transfer. Otherwise, why wouldn't we all just switch to @Granger Ford?

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
My understanding from dealing with my $30,000 ADM issue with Corwin Ford of Springfield, MO is that even if we have an order invite and switch dealers, the fulfillment of that order will follow behind the new dealer's existing allocations--the allocation won't transfer. Otherwise, why wouldn't we all just switch to @Granger Ford?
Very interesting information. First off, I'm sorry you are having to deal with ADM issues, this is exactly why my reservation is with @Granger Ford and isn't going anywhere. This is the first time I have heard that the allocation doesn't follow the order. Do you trust the source that told this to you to be accurate? It would really suck if that was true as it prevents dealers with bad business practices from being punished by the consumer.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Very interesting information. First off, I'm sorry you are having to deal with ADM issues, this is exactly why my reservation is with @Granger Ford and isn't going anywhere. This is the first time I have heard that the allocation doesn't follow the order. Do you trust the source that told this to you to be accurate? It would really suck if that was true as it prevents dealers with bad business practices from being punished by the consumer.
This was Ford customer service when I first called. I've mentioned to them during the escalation process that Farley was threatening to take away dealer allocation. Looking for confirmation from Ford that they'll do that if we want to move our orders after a dealer starts playing games.

For what its worth, the configurator is now showing the truck without ADM. I have not heard from the current dealer or Ford yet, so I'm staying pat until Monday. My current dealer told me in writing twice that there would be no ADM; the second time was me inquiring before priority lists were finalized. That was their opportunity to be honest so that I could transfer if need-be. When he called me back about why $30,000 was being added he started on the "well, we're not getting many allocations..." train and I just hung up. No dealer is getting many allocations, especially in non-ZEV states from my inquiries with other dealers, but that is no excuse to tack-on a ridiculous charge without even bothering to have called first. Its obvious their hope is that those of us who ask about ADM upfront will cancel/move out of frustration so they can sell the vehicle for a markup, even a significantly lower one.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I didn't think this would work...but we had a customer successfully do this and they're getting their order built. It looks like a loophole to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
I didn't think this would work...but we had a customer successfully do this and they're getting their order built. It looks like a loophole to me.
Hopefully they didn't get my allocation :LOL:

Regardless I am happy to hear that Granger was able to get another truck ordered!

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Hoping Ford will get me a different answer on Monday. Would gladly drive up there to pick one up from you or just go through another local dealer. I’m kind of hoping they didn’t just force my current dealer to do the “right thing” as I just don’t want to be in business with those kinds of folks.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Hoping Ford will get me a different answer on Monday. Would gladly drive up there to pick one up from you or just go through another local dealer. I’m kind of hoping they didn’t just force my current dealer to do the “right thing” as I just don’t want to be in business with those kinds of folks.
As has been mentioned in other threads, I am in a similar situation, but so far, I haven’t seen any action at all taken by Ford.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
As has been mentioned in other threads, I am in a similar situation, but so far, I haven’t seen any action at all taken by Ford.
I believe you had already ordered before the dealer added on ADM, correct? That makes it more complicated as transferring your reservation using the normal process is no longer possible. Hopefully Ford comes to the rescue.

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
I believe you had already ordered before the dealer added on ADM, correct? That makes it more complicated as transferring your reservation using the normal process is no longer possible. Hopefully Ford comes to the rescue.
Yep, still waiting on a response. Will call Monday if I don’t hear anything.

Sponsored

Brocked

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Ditch Digger
If anyone is in Texas, I got my 21 Bronco already and ordered my 22 Lightning from Tomball Ford in Houston. I'm not sure about their allocation but they sell a crap ton of Fords.

No BS, No ADM. In and out in 30 min with my Bronco. Ask for Jorge Lopez.

Also, you can look him up on YouTube for all of his informative videos.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It seems to me in reading the FAQ from the online order, that if the dealer DECLINES my offer to buy on the terms suitable to me, the system restores my ability to select another dealer and rebuild a truck configuration for submission to another dealer with better terms. I haven't read of anyone doing this procedure yet.

Up to now, what I've been reading is that customers are calling the Lightning customer support line, elevating their concern, and the CSR is manually moving the pending but NOT ACCEPTED offer according to your wishes having already identified a dealer willing to commit to an at MSRP or more tolerable value ADM.

What do you all think, anyone out there lurking who has had a dealer DECLINE a proposed order?

From the FAQ
An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request. Dealer acceptance of an order request (the “Order”) only confirms the vehicle configuration that will be built and delivered to your Dealer. Only order requests that are accepted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling. Customer vehicle delivery is subject to execution of a Purchase Agreement between you and your Dealer. If a Dealer declines your order request, you may select a new dealer.

Last edited:

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It seems to me in reading the FAQ from the online order, that if the dealer DECLINES my offer to buy on the terms suitable to me, the system restores my ability to select another dealer and rebuild a truck configuration for submission to another dealer with better terms. I haven't read of anyone doing this procedure yet.

Up to now, what I've been reading is that customers are calling the Lightning customer support line, elevating their concern, and the CSR is manually moving the pending but NOT ACCEPTED offer according to your wishes having already identified a dealer willing to commit to an at MSRP or more tolerable value ADM.

What do you all think, anyone out there lurking who has had a dealer DECLINE a proposed order?

From the FAQ
Well that's the problem. It seems dealers are using a loophole around this by first accepting the order and THEN telling customers, "oh by the way there's gonna be a markup." They know the order is now stuck at their dealership and if customer bails, they get an extra truck for the lot. Total bait and switch.

Only safeguard may be to go order in-person, don't sign anything until dealer puts in writing no markup. If dealer won't agree to it then you ask them to decline your order. But as i think about it, its a catch 22 because you'd have to submit an order first for them to accept/decline, and only way i know of that happening is online. Unless the dealer printing the order preview counts as a submission, but then there's nothing stopping them from just accepting the order right there without informing the customer. Then there are reports on here of dealers stating if you don't want to pay ADM, we will cancel your order. So they have the option to Accept/Decline/Cancel? Its so f'd up. i'm getting a headache thinking about it.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Ok Granger has confirmed what many on this forum have been saying for a month. An order with allocation can currently be moved from an ADM dealer to another dealer and be built.

It would be poetic justice if the ADM dealer also loses their allocation for violating Fords guidance on not selling over MSRP.

If you see a large ADM call and move to another dealer before you confirm the order. It is working so I would stop begging these ADM chuckleheads to drop their markups. They have already tried to screw you once why give them another chance at delivery.

I would quit asking questions and move your order if you haven't confirmed it. It is only a matter of time before the big dealers raise hell and get Ford to stop this policy like they did with the Bronco.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So they have the option to Accept/Decline/Cancel? Its so f'd up. i'm getting a headache thinking about it.
Yes, that is a big problem .....if they are not doing what the customer want's done.
Sponsored