• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Garage Parking the Lightning?

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
For any of you lucky Lariat owners that have already received your truck, are you able to park it in the garage? What is the actual length and width measurement of the truck? How deep is your garage? I don't particularly want to park in the driveway, but have a feeling I might need to do that.
Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I asked my dealer to let me test-fit an ICE F150. They let me take a used one for the day. It fit in my normal garage, but fitting two cars would be tough.

And the antenna is too tall, but that's an easy fix at least.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I asked my dealer to let me test-fit an ICE F150. They let me take a used one for the day. It fit in my normal garage, but fitting two cars would be tough.

And the antenna is too tall, but that's an easy fix at least.
I bang that antenna against the ceiling warning thing of parking decks every time I rent one. Its an oh $hit moment every timeā€¦

Iā€™ll be unscrewing my antenna when I get it

OP
OP
KristovM

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
Did you look at spec? 232 inches long, 80 inch wide without mirrors.
I probably did at some point but wanted some real world data points to compare to. If the 232 is accurate then I have only 3-4 inches of wiggle room. And that would block all walking around the truck.

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I found mine is about an inch +/- longer than my 2010 and my 2012 F-150. The centermost plastic portion of the rear bumper sticks out a little further with it's new design. That said, mine fits tight in my 3-car garage, but it does fit ( I've run to the back of the garage as the door closed 100 times). I park on the double car side, and had my wife guide me in the first time. Put tape on the floor and used that as a reference to lay down a 2x4 board with adhesive. I've found the garage door hinges are the actual problem. I'm looking for something to replace the one that gets way to close for comfort.
Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? FVkpBm3XoAIm9fh
Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? date 2022-08-29 at 12.54.51 PM
Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? date 2022-08-29 at 12.54.43 PM

Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I was really anal back in February when I placed my orderā€¦.I 3D-modeled my garage in SketchUp, found a pre-drawn 3D model of a 2022 F-150 in their ā€œLibraryā€ and test parked ā€œmy truckā€ in ā€œmy garageā€ multiple timesā€¦ā€¦.BTW, Iā€™m just a little analytical šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 90 deg curved driveway into our two-car garage tha can make pulling this truck in, so I also installed this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XPCWFK2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) to help prevent me from sideswiping the passengerā€™s side of my truck when pulling inā€¦.the 360 camera system is nice, but having this aid helps me hug the right side and to not hog our double-wide garageā€¦ā€¦

Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? image

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I have a 90 deg curved driveway into our two-car garage tha can make pulling this truck in, so I also installed this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XPCWFK2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) to help prevent me from sideswiping the passengerā€™s side of my truck when pulling inā€¦.the 360 camera system is nice, but having this aid helps me hug the right side and to not hog our double-wide garageā€¦ā€¦

image.jpg
Ew! A Gadget! :) I still have my red light green light unit from the 80s! :) This is cool. Maybe get one for my wife, but she would just side-swipe the opposite side :)

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ew! A Gadget! :) I still have my red light green light unit from the 80s! :) This is cool. Maybe get one for my wife, but she would just side-swipe the opposite side :)
I bought twošŸ¤“šŸ«„
Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? D6F0BEFF-F952-4514-8919-BB82F4F7956A

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bought twošŸ¤“šŸ«„
D6F0BEFF-F952-4514-8919-BB82F4F7956A.jpeg
I also have marked the concrete floor with tape to helpā€¦.the blue painters tape (temporary, will remove) is the ideal location of the truckā€˜s wheel line (actual test fit). The 3M yellow marking tape (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQ2AC50?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) lines (will stay) is the offset from the above noted blue wheel line that can be seen by the truckā€™s 360 camera system (There is a shadow between those lines the cameras canā€™t see).

I use the yellow line with the truckā€˜s cameras to verify Iā€™m over to the right and far in enough and aligned to give my wife enough room to park our Accord, and still have easy access in/out of both vehicles.

The location of the truck In the picture was how I parked on my first attempt, with no jockeyingā€¦..pretty close šŸ™ƒ
Ford F-150 Lightning Garage Parking the Lightning? 757BD106-5587-489F-99C4-8D0DB0FC6B57

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot

image.jpg
OH thats cool! I may need one of these as I will be parking in the single garage door side and from my measurements, I will have to manually fold the drivers mirror every time to get in.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I did this as well when I had to share with her Honda Odyssey :) . Had the truck in straight, and her angled off to the left. Worked great! No door dings either! She actually parked within the lines! :) I was shocked it worked as well as it did!

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning