• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Geo Fence the walk away and lock feature

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Are the auto-lock and other features configurable in Sync-4a vehicles? I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the walk away and lock as well as other 'walk away' features enabled by default in the Mustang Mach-E and likely the our F-150 Lightnings. Nothing drives me more crazy than to walk out into my locked garage to grab something, just to find my car locked INSIDE my already locked garage. Additionally, with my phone in my pocket, which is also used as my key since regular key fob's are so last week, my car keeps unlocking and re-locking as I walk in and around my garage while within 30' of the car. ANNOYING. I dont mind it happening when the car is 'away from home' but l may have to turn it off completely if it is not configurable. If I can turn it off at all that is.

I would love to be able to tell my car "When you're in my garage, (Geo Fence) don't enable the alarm, and certainly don't ever lock without being told to" I don't live in Mexico or South Chicago where my Mach-E and lightning were born. They don't need to be locked NEARLY as often as Ford thinks they do.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I don't know if Ford has implemented the GeoFence, but the PAAK - Phone As A Key is not available on the Lightning yet. They've updated that it will be coming later this summer with a Power Up update.

For the reason you note - just getting within distance is why Tesla changed their original plans. They first implemented as you noted - it unlocked as you approached. Too many times cars would just lock and unlock in the garage, so they added the geofence, but they also changed the behavior so that it didn't unlock with proximity, it only unlocks when you actually attempt to open the door.

So several ways to implement these, but we have to first get PAAK implemented for the phone.

I would anticipate the Fob work similar to phone, but don't know for sure just yet.

OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Who would have guessed I would be not disappointed to learn a Mach-E feature is not standard on the Lightning. Are they actually giving us 2 keys for our money too?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Who would have guessed I would be not disappointed to learn a Mach-E feature is not standard on the Lightning. Are they actually giving us 2 keys for our money too?
Reports are that 2 fobs are included.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Two fobs were included for me. You can set a profile to an individual fob also.

Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
If there is auto lock on walk away I haven’t found it yet. I’ve only seen lock with the button on the door, keypad, or fob.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
If there is auto lock on walk away I haven’t found it yet. I’ve only seen lock with the button on the door, keypad, or fob.
That’s too bad…even my 2018 Accord has that option…it can be handy.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't know if Ford has implemented the GeoFence, but the PAAK - Phone As A Key is not available on the Lightning yet. They've updated that it will be coming later this summer with a Power Up update.

For the reason you note - just getting within distance is why Tesla changed their original plans. They first implemented as you noted - it unlocked as you approached. Too many times cars would just lock and unlock in the garage, so they added the geofence, but they also changed the behavior so that it didn't unlock with proximity, it only unlocks when you actually attempt to open the door.

So several ways to implement these, but we have to first get PAAK implemented for the phone.

I would anticipate the Fob work similar to phone, but don't know for sure just yet.
The Mach-E also doesn’t unlock until you press the button on the door. You get welcome lights as you approach, but it’s not unlocking. I’d think the Lightning would work the same way.

OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
The Mach-E also doesn’t unlock until you press the button on the door. You get welcome lights as you approach, but it’s not unlocking. I’d think the Lightning would work the same way.
Interesting. I guess you are right. There is a lot of clicking going on somewhere but it doesnt seem to be unlocking, just making 'chittering and clacking noises'

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Interesting. I guess you are right. There is a lot of clicking going on somewhere but it doesnt seem to be unlocking, just making 'chittering and clacking noises'
Yep - the car seems to want to talk to us in Morse code using its relays. 😄

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I turned this off in MME

01DEAE6B-F9B7-4597-946D-77C6CBB79A51.jpeg
That is the greatest feature ever if used in conjunction with PAAK. Leave the fob at home.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring