• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Electrician.
I started there this morning, and got to see the first customer [admin edit: likely dealer mannequin] trucks go down the line. It’s still gonna be a minute before they hit dealerships, but they are a commin’…
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I started there this morning, and got to see the first customer trucks go down the line. It’s still gonna be a minute before they hit dealerships, but they are a commin’…
Are those customer retail trucks you saw or dealer mannequins?

also, how long between actual build date and the week listed for production? Some have said that it is a few weeks between the scheduled week of production and the actual day of production - which makes no sense to me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Dealer Mannequins! Can’t wait!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I started there this morning, and got to see the first customer trucks go down the line. It’s still gonna be a minute before they hit dealerships, but they are a commin’…
I'm going to need you to locate mine. It's black. Dont worry about the options. PM me and I'll send you the delivery address.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks for sharing. I've been hoping to get confirmation today that Job 1 started today.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
So the body's and doors come over from the same paint shop that does all 150s? How much time is it taking from first trim bits to final checks? Do they all go past the "Scales Calibration" station regardless of trim or do the robo-pallets jog off for those equipped? Lastly, is Dearborn going to open the tour, best factory tour ever btw, to people? Welcome!

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Electrician.
I'm going to need you to locate mine. It's black. Dont worry about the options. PM me and I'll send you the delivery address.
If you ordered anything other than Antimatter Blue, you made a mistake.
#ISaidWhatISaid

???

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Electrician.
Are those customer retail trucks you saw or dealer mannequins?

also, how long between actual build date and the week listed for production? Some have said that it is a few weeks between the scheduled week of production and the actual day of production - which makes no sense to me.
My understanding is that these are customer orders, but I could be misunderstanding them. ?‍♂

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I don't think they'd be making any mannequins for a vehicle that's sold out through 2024.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'm onboard with the thought that 'demo' or 'mannequin' Lightnings are a misnomer - if you have 200,000 reservations, why would you need a demo(?)... but, I can also only imagine that if a shipment to a dealer WOULD include a demo, it would also include the first CUSTOMER order of a Lightning for that same dealer - it would make NO sense to only send a demo.

but, then again, I'm not the CEO of a worldwide auto company.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If you ordered anything other than Antimatter Blue, you made a mistake.
#ISaidWhatISaid

???
Huge fan of the antimatter blue. But the black bumpers, black grill, black handles, black mirrors of the Pro IMO interrupts the color and body. By going black my cheap self now has a free body colored upgrade!

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
but, I can also only imagine that if a shipment to a dealer WOULD include a demo, it would also include the first CUSTOMER order of a Lightning for that same dealer - it would make NO sense to only send a demo.

I believe this is how it is expected to play out. I vaguely remember this is how people said what happened w/ Mach-e's (might be wrong). Shipped after the first customer deliveries.

There is certainly no reason to have demo units. But, if they do might as well as make them the first "official" builds for sake of a last minute quality test as they won't be sold to customers at first.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Y’all do know that they sell the demo cars as well right? Some are likely gonna be sold well before we even get the Standard range trucks in June.
Sponsored