• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone road tripped in an SR yet?

NoCharge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting Pro Iconic Silver
Depends on how you count "working". Several of the credit card readers were broken in both locations, but people were able to charge using the app.

In regards to hard to get in and out of, yes, the locations with narrow stalls with the machines and bollards tight to the sides are not so convenient for parking a full sized pickup truck and getting your door open.
The locations with the chargers lined up along the edge of the lot are much easer. Especially with the F150L with the charge port near the front.
Just curious. Why did you use the EA app and a CC? Had you used all of your 250 kwh's on Ford Pass? I've just been using plug 'n charge on Ford Pass and won't set up an EA account until the 250 is gone.
Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Took delivery of the Truck Saturday morning and was driving it home. I did not look into the Ford Pass credit yet. I think I saw some posting here that the Ford Pass credit takes a bit to show up, so I was just leaving that for later.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
You need to configure the payment in the FordPass app if I remember correctly, when you plug in it will just bill that card.

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner

and some 'magic box' Tesla Supercharger locations are also starting to show up... the closest to me is 130 miles north on the west side of the Atlanta area, in a LOWES parking lot...

but, with 40,000 miles so far, and a LOT of long trips, even with our camper, I don't really fret about it anymore... the more 'normal' DC Fast Charger brands and locations are starting to mature and flourish and multiply, so, it's not as much of a concern as it was even 18 months ago.

Interestingly, as to some who mention the initial 'Ford/EA Charging FREE 250kw', which was nice to have at the start, my wife's brand new 24 KIA EV9 three-row seating LARGE SUV comes with KIA's own EA FREE charging of 1 MEGAWATT of power, which is 4 times the amount my Lightning received... Kia requires the 'code' to be generated thru their 'Access App', and then applied to the EA App's 'Account' via a special code entry... this might be around 20 'charging' stops, which might make for a very long time before having to 'pay' on long trips... nice.

We also stopped at a Tesla Supercharger in Albany Georgia to 'check out' the cord length, and 'how' to park this large SUV, when the system opens up... It's going to be interesting, as Teslas are all built with rear driver-side inlets, and most EVERY other EV has the Charge Inlet somewhere completely different. We would have to back in at the very right end of the row of chargers, so as not to have to use the wrong 'space', since her inlet is toward the back rear-wheel on the PASSENGER side. Of course, I believe Tesla also is already planning on the Cyber truck, so I can see that they may just 'upgrade' their layouts to accommodate not only the CT, but maybe us CCS vehicles, too. We'll see.
Sponsored