• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated steering wheel stopped working

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Just seeing if anyone else heated steering wheel seemed to have stopped working after the latest update to 3.5.3 software yesterday. It was working yesterday morning but today not so much, I pre conditioned the cabin everything else was good to go but the steering wheel never heated up, I turned the truck on and off once or twice still nothing. Plus there are no alerts in the ford pass app or truck that something else could be wrong with it.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
There seems to be some issues with preconditioning and the heated wheel. Try getting in the truck cold and see if it comes on for you.

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 ER Lightning Lariat, 22 Tahoe RST, 23 BMW X7
Occupation
Construction Planning and Sales
Heated steering on my Lightning Lariat also did not work this morning after preconditioning. Updated software.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Heated steering on my Lightning Lariat also did not work this morning after preconditioning. Updated software.
Didn't you hear, Ford is also deleting the heated steering wheel from already built models.

There is a code shortage.

🤣

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I am still on 3.5.2, but had this problem - only when preconditioning - a couple of weeks ago. Deleted all the Departure Times and set everything up again, and now it works fine.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
I wonder if there is a time out on heating the steering wheel because I have noticed after pre conditioning that although the steering wheel is not cold, it doesn’t continue to stay “warm/hot” even with the heated steering wheel button on. Makes me think it’s like a defroster where it heats up initially and then kicks off after a period of time. Basically to get the wheel warm from ice cold. But this might be a glitch in the software versus how FORD intended it to work.

IH905

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lincoln Nav, Lightning Platinum-On order
Occupation
Business Owner
Mine works majority of the time, but doesn't work occasionally ever since I got the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Same here, all settings and operational considerations met, but came out to cold cabin and all.

I turned it on manually, nice & toasty in only a few minutes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
There seems to be some issues with preconditioning and the heated wheel. Try getting in the truck cold and see if it comes on for you.
Just went out after letting the truck sit for little bit and the heated steering wheel works fine now, I turned it on/off few times and had no issues with it. Maybe a weird pre-conditioning bug like you mentioned

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just went out after letting the truck sit for little bit and the heated steering wheel works fine now, I turned it on/off few times and had no issues with it. Maybe a weird pre-conditioning bug like you mentioned
Yup - I noticed that the second day I had the truck. No idea why it does that.

robert5090

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, 2022 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Sales
My heated steering wheel started to not work 50/50, I work at the dealer and the tech said the module inside the steering column is friend. Now it is completely dead. Waiting on a new module that doesn't exist.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
My heated steering wheel started to not work 50/50, I work at the dealer and the tech said the module inside the steering column is friend. Now it is completely dead. Waiting on a new module that doesn't exist.
I wonder if that's what a lot are seeing? I have similar issues to the other posts, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I made one appointment with the dealer and then canceled the next day when it worked, figuring they won't be able to tell me anything other than it's working now.
Sponsored