• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Heating Steering Wheel Removal" no longer in order list (Unfortunately just hidden)

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Last night I did get an email notifying me of an update to my order. When I checked, the only change I found was that the "Heating Steering Wheel Removal" line item was no longer there... a bit confused if this now means, my Lariat will be delivered with teh heated steering wheel? I still have no production date - I guess I can expect some more changes.
Sponsored

snb2557

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got the same email this morning right before midnight, but looks like they just renamed one of my interior features to something new/more descriptive. Hoping for a scheduling email soon!

edit: heating steering wheel still missing for me

Last edited:

Gaalpwrd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning #183/887, Lariat LR Antimatter
Occupation
Building stuff
Hope you guys get the heated steering wheel. Still kinda crazy to me that a vehicle at this price point had it removed for a while.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I thought the steering wheel line item was gone too. But not for me. Have you looked at the bottom of the order page? There is a drop down arrow on the right, under the "Vehicle Details" header that is defaulted closed. If I open, it shows there. In my case it is the removal line item and credit. I was told it would delay my build by a lot if I opted to wait for it.

What was the interior feature edited? I got the same email but still haven't figure out why.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Thank you for posting this. I too was wondering what had been updated. I was really hoping I was finally scheduled for production (order date 10/28). I expanded the vehicle details section and did NOT see the Heated Steering Wheel removal AND I did not see the Scales removal either. Am I looking in the right section?

Ford F-150 Lightning "Heating Steering Wheel Removal" no longer in order list (Unfortunately just hidden) Vehicle Details

Sponsored
OP
OP

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I thought the steering wheel line item was gone too. But not for me. Have you looked at the bottom of the order page? There is a drop down arrow on the right, under the "Vehicle Details" header that is defaulted closed. If I open, it shows there. In my case it is the removal line item and credit. I was told it would delay my build by a lot if I opted to wait for it.

What was the interior feature edited? I got the same email but still haven't figure out why.
Oh no!! You are right :-( It is still in that section. Along with the Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal

snb2557

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I can't remember the exact wording before, but I'm pretty sure "Ford BlueCruise 1.0 with Active Park Assist 2.0 and Phone as a Key for Tow Tech Pkg" is the new name for something that used to be like Ford CoPilot 360 2.0 - Lariat. Forgive me, I can't remember the exact wording, but I do remember the "- Lariat" part of it. I can't find any item with that in it now, which is why I think they renamed something.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
2/6 build week

Ford F-150 Lightning "Heating Steering Wheel Removal" no longer in order list (Unfortunately just hidden) 1674707129124

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

I was never notified until after my vehicle was scheduled for production and completed that all of the following items were removed.
Heated Steering wheel -$140
Onboard scales and Smart Hitch -$650
Multicontour seats with active motion -$300
Advanced Security Pack Inclination/Intrusion Sensor -$50

Not good Ford. Strongly considering walking away for this at this price point and trim level to be that much compromised with IMO minimal reduction in cost.
Sponsored