• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HELP! Dealer wont acknowledge Price Protection + Private Cash Offer

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
So my Pro is in 'Built' status (12/12 build week) and my salesman called me today saying that they can do all the paperwork now as the car has been marked 'Released' by Ford. They said I wouldn't have to pay now, but they could somehow mark it paid with a 45 day grace period so it would be sold in 2022. So I go in fully expecting a run around when dealing with price protection + the private cash offer. The sales manager just flat out said 'There is no price protection on lightnings' which I obviously know is false from all you guys on here that have received both. He went on to say 'They replaced price protection with the $7k rebate blah blah blah' and then goes on to show me some text with his regional manager that said there was no price protection. But he said he's been fighting this fight with other customers too and it was a no-go.

I insisted that I could find another dealer who has done both the price protection and private cash offer and he could speak with them. But he basically said 'they aren't the ones who are going to pay me the $5k so it wont do any good'

He told me that I could take it up with Ford, call their customer service line, get a case created and wait a couple days for a phone call back. I asked if I could talk to his regional manager, he said he would contact them to reach out to me, but couldn't guarantee anything, aka I'm not getting a call.

@Granger Ford @FordVideoGuy I know people have reached out to you before for help, do you have any tips on what I can do?

Super bummed right now!

Btw the dealer is Apple Ford in Columbia, MD

Update : https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...n-private-cash-offer.13801/page-2#post-288973
Sponsored

Last edited:

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
When did you place your order ?
How much are they asking for the truck ?

OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
When did you place your order ?
How much are they asking for the truck ?
Ordered 8/11, they're asking current sticker which is $5k more than when I ordered. They're acknowledging the $7k private cash offer I have in smartvincent.

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
My dealer gave push back and said there was no price protection just the $7k PCO. I provided the memo attached below to them. They spoke with someone at ford and cleared everything up in 30 minutes. I got both the 7k and 5k.

Attachments

OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
My dealer gave push back and said there was no price protection just the $7k PCO. I provided the memo attached below to them. They spoke with someone at ford and cleared everything up in 30 minutes. I got both the 7k and 5k.
Thank you for that, I will show it to them and see what happens.

Sponsored
OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Somewhere on here, someone had listed some Ford customer relations people email addresses, but I cannot find them now, have been searching for awhile. does anyone remember seeing those? and where they were posted?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Very common on the Mustang Mach E forums.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection-refund-tracking-add-your-status.20179/

First thing to ask:
Ask for a DORA showing original order price.
Get their regional rep on the line with the dealer.

Notes:
Some dealers who won't front the $5K price protection will make the customer wait for a refund check from Ford - 60-90 days later.

Other dealers who are not afraid of the wait, will front the money to you on your sales contract on the spot.

Either way, you will get your $5K - now or later - depending on how the dealer wants to write it up.

OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Very common on the Mustang Mach E forums.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection-refund-tracking-add-your-status.20179/

First thing to ask:
Ask for a DORA showing original order price.
Get their regional rep on the line with the dealer.

Notes:
Some dealers who won't front the $5K price protection will make the customer wait for a refund check from Ford - 60-90 days later.

Other dealers who are not afraid of the wait, will front the money to you on your sales contract on the spot.

Either way, you will get your $5K - now or later - depending on how the dealer wants to write it up.
So I have been speaking with my dealer this morning and even reached out to the regional rep myself. My regional rep seems to be clueless about this also and has said that I cannot 'double dip'. They said that the regional rep has reached out to [email protected] to gain clarity, but Im not holding my breath. I emailed the regional rep myself, but she replied back to the dealer, not me.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So I have been speaking with my dealer this morning and even reached out to the regional rep myself. My regional rep seems to be clueless about this also and has said that I cannot 'double dip'. They said that the regional rep has reached out to [email protected] to gain clarity, but Im not holding my breath. I emailed the regional rep myself, but she replied back to the dealer, not me.
If you read my post above and the MME forum issue on PP you will notice that the dealer controls how the $5K PP works.

You may have to just wait for a $5K check from Ford after you buy the truck.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Apple Ford was my original choice when I made the reservation, not knowing anything about them. Then I reached out and aside from being very unprofessional and their manger being downright disrespectful, their salesman said they will charge $10K over MSRP. He definitely was clueless about EVs and Lightning at the time so I am not sure if what he said was their policy but I was not about to take a chance on them with everything I had seen so I switched. My current dealer said, honoring the price at which you ordered is normal (unless you change the order later in the process) but she checked (I assume with regional manager) and confirmed that is still the case. Regional manager for us should be the same. This practice has been around for a while. Apple Ford is not a small dealer so I have no doubt they know about this and if they are playing dumb you just have to press them so they can see it is more headache for them than it is for you if they persist.

l am in a story telling mood; Once I booked a hotel in Naples and when we arrived the manager said there is a plumbing problem and the entire second floor (which our room was in) is flooded. He said he has already got us a room in a near by hotel. When we got there, the room was so nasty a pig wouldn’t walk in. I realized these rooms are probably one fifth of the price and we are being scammed. We went back and saw him telling the same story to an Asian couple that just arrived. We said we are not leaving until we get a room there. It took an hour and many back and forth arguments before our flooded room magically became available in dry and pristine condition on the 2nd floor where all rooms were dry. We saw many new guests come in and only a few were willing to deal with the stress of arguing with the manager. Apparently the manager has been running the overbooking scam for a while and had a fairly good idea what the average person puts up with. Frankly I was the average person and if it was not because of my wife we would never get our room. I would not be surprised if apple Ford is running a similar scam and you just have to wear them down with all the info from this forum.

It took me almost 5 months to get my dealer to put both ($7K and $5K) in writing. And it seems my dealer is one of the good ones. My next car purchase will likely be direct sale. Life is just too short to put up with so much crap just to give someone my business.

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
There was another memo and Price Increase that just came out so you might need it as well.

Attachments

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
These never-ending stories of sleezy dealers being sleezy really make me wonder when or if Ford is ever going to follow through on their promises to punish dealers who act this way.

OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
There was another memo and Price Increase that just came out so you might need it as well.
Thank you for posting this Tim.

if the truck is 'Built' and awaiting shipment, i assume the window sticker is on it already. and the window sticker i pull from Fords site doesnt have this price hike, then im safe? I guess nobody is ever safe, but i believe people with window stickers are safe at this point? or am i wrong?

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Thank you for posting this Tim.

if the truck is 'Built' and awaiting shipment, i assume the window sticker is on it already. and the window sticker i pull from Fords site doesnt have this price hike, then im safe? I guess nobody is ever safe, but i believe people with window stickers are safe at this point? or am i wrong?
You should be pricing them from what the price was when they ordered just like all price protection policy. If they ordered before Oct 4, the price should be $46,974 (I assume we are talking Pro), if they ordered between Oct 4th-Dec 13th, the price should be $51,974 (I don't think anyone could order a Pro in this time frame though because it was sold out. On the XLT 311A, the price was $59,474 up until Dec 13th.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
You should be pricing them from what the price was when they ordered just like all price protection policy. If they ordered before Oct 4, the price should be $46,974 (I assume we are talking Pro), if they ordered between Oct 4th-Dec 13th, the price should be $51,974 (I don't think anyone could order a Pro in this time frame though because it was sold out. On the XLT 311A, the price was $59,474 up until Dec 13th.
How exactly do they apply price protection though? Do they type in the Price Level 320 and the system spits out the correct pricing or do they physically have to just type up a sales document with the old pricing? I would imagine there has to be something they can click to auto generate the pricing at the time, otherwise if tons of things change pricing (options, D&D, etc) it would be a mess to type it all out.

Thanks! Appreciate all you do!
Sponsored