• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Stay away from Westway Ford in Dallas. @Ford Motor Company, please try to help this man out. $30k of ADM and useless add ons on his reservation

Not me, I just stumbled on this tonight.
Yeah, along with the ADM, ~$200 to put Nitrogen in the tires…along with the other BS add-ons………..

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
VIN is 1ft6w1evxnwg03027
Dealer is Westway Ford in Irving, TX.

That's only $125/month extra on a 20-year loan!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm prepared to walk if the dealer marks up my truck. I'm not going to make a stink about it (aside from bitching about it here lol). I'm a free market guy, the dealer should be able to sell it for whatever they can get for it. Yeah, I signed an order sheet but, as we all know, it's non-binding. I could walk away without repercussion.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Oh, didn’t realize this was posted already. Mods can you merge my thread over this way?

As far as helping, I guess if we tag @Ford Motor Company they could probably escalate?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm prepared to walk if the dealer marks up my truck. I'm not going to make a stink about it (aside from bitching about it here lol). I'm a free market guy, the dealer should be able to sell it for whatever they can get for it. Yeah, I signed an order sheet but, as we all know, it's non-binding. I could walk away without repercussion.
There is a distinction between a retail order and a stock order. The customer should be able to purchase the vehicle at the price that was agreed upon at the time of order.

There is no change in marginal cost for the dealer between the time of order and delivery that would justify this markup. The dealer needs to shut down if it can't make ends meet without gouging customers like this.

The free market argument doesn't really work for dealerships as they're protected by such restrictive sales laws.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I hate it when the free market works only in the dealers favor…… for example, if all of a sudden Ford dropped the MSRP by a couple of thousands the dealer would hold you to this non-binding order sheet

Last edited:

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
For a dealer to mark up an ordered vehicle for doing almost nothing - I would be fuming.

I'd be hollering all around the world on this one!

Question: did the original order show the ADM ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yeah, along with the ADM, ~$200 to put Nitrogen in the tires…along with the other BS add-ons………..
That is the funniest scam I have heard of.

Nitrogen fill tires !

Did we all forget we breathe 80% nitrogen with every breath ?

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
I put down a deposit for a product at a set price. I signed a paper that stated that price and we shook hands. In any other industry that is that. This is not some deal that they are putting any effort into. I reserved, I ordered, then notified them to accept my order. I secured my own financing, in CA we can do an entire vehicle transfer online. I can print off a checklist of things to check before I sign off as accepted. I can pull plastic off the seats and fill a bucket full of soap and water. I may be over simplifying it but I do not think it is far off. The dealer makes over $9k for doing this on a platinum at msrp! Then they want to ad markup. They actually slow down and complicate the process. Free market would mean ford could sell direct to me without the dealer. If you want to get into free market, that Is a free market. Ford can bypass the dealer. Wait, they have a deal ahead of time with the dealerships they can not change? Kind of like I have? Forget the free market argument. As a first responder, the next call where someone is in immediate need, I will negotiate a price for service before i assist. One call and I will be set for life!

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
As long as the dealer signed that paper, it sounds like you have a contract. 👍
It is actually in my safe deposit box! 🤔
That piece of paper may be worth $30k.