• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I'm prepared to walk if the dealer marks up my truck. I'm not going to make a stink about it (aside from bitching about it here lol). I'm a free market guy, the dealer should be able to sell it for whatever they can get for it. Yeah, I signed an order sheet but, as we all know, it's non-binding. I could walk away without repercussion.
I received my R1T last week, so I'm comfortable walking as well if they're is any markup.
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I'd be OK with the ADM IF it's communicated ahead of time and/or is visible on the order page, anything else is a pretty shady business model.

My concern is that this could be used to bypass the reservation system as there's nothing that holds them to actually charging the ADM to the next customer... so if Billy Bob Ford is best buds with Bubba they can tell you that the ADM on your truck (that you waited a year for) is $35,000 - "take it or leave it". Then when you back out they can sell the very same truck to Bubba at MSRP and no-one would be none the wiser.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Ford F-150 Lightning Help him out - $30k ADM on his Lightning reservation order Screenshot_2022-06-12-19-57-26-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

I would start here with Mike on Twitter.

Last edited:

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
So, to sum this up, OP was able to secure a custom production order that the dealer would not have received if they ordered for Retail. Ford has limited retail orders to fulfill Customer Orders. So the dealer takes OPs Custom Order that they would not have been Allocated except for OPs Reservation and Order, and they increase the price to sell it like it was 'their' Order to the Highest Bidder. While it doesn't appear illegal, it's completely UnEthical!

OP, did they pay your for your time as their inventory ordering manager or just treat you like a worthless piece of garbage for getting them that vehicle to sell?

Absolutely disgusting, and dealers are laughing all the way to the bank

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Another Berkshire Hathaway Automotive dealership in TX screwing someone over. I’ve seen this repeatedly on the Bronco forum. As I’ve said there, crash the damn truck on the test drive and deny the dealership the ADM selling your truck to someone else.
Most Berkshire Hathaway dealerships are crooked due to lack of supervision from the parent company. Here, Camelback Ford is awful.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Most Berkshire Hathaway dealerships are crooked due to lack of supervision from the parent company. Here, Camelback Ford is awful.
I know all the Phoenix dealerships very well. Nobody is as bad as San Tan Ford…

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I know all the Phoenix dealerships very well. Nobody is as bad as San Tan Ford…
Never dealt with San Tan, but they seem to have a good reputation on the MME forum. Camelback Ford, on the other hand, is awful and has a deserved reputation as crooks.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Never dealt with San Tan, but they seem to have a good reputation on the MME forum. Camelback Ford, on the other hand, is awful and has a deserved reputation as crooks.
San Tan could be counted on to screw over Raptor buyers with big ADM and add ons. I went shopping there for my 2020 Super Cab, they were demanding $15K over MSRP plus $3500 in junk add ons like tint and nitrogen. There was one guy I remember from the Raptor forum who paid $115K for a $70K truck with forced dealer mods, including a coil spacer lift and 37” tires that wrecked his fenders when used offroad. I bought my Raptor in ABQ for $500 over invoice with no add ons. Camelback, Peoria, and Surprise Ford were all also terrible on the Raptors.

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'd be OK with the ADM IF it's communicated ahead of time and/or is visible on the order page, anything else is a pretty shady business model.

My concern is that this could be used to bypass the reservation system as there's nothing that holds them to actually charging the ADM to the next customer... so if Billy Bob Ford is best buds with Bubba they can tell you that the ADM on your truck (that you waited a year for) is $35,000 - "take it or leave it". Then when you back out they can sell the very same truck to Bubba at MSRP and no-one would be none the wiser.
100% agree! The dealers are eliminating the reservation holders by doing this. They don't care that you put down $100 to reserve your spot over a year ago and they don't care if you walkaway from the truck. Actually, they would prefer that you walkaway, then they can take your reservation and your allocation and sell it to the highest bidder.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ford should pay the ADM to the dealer for the customer and then fine the dealer 5x’s as much plus take away all F150 allocations
Sponsored