• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help please! Rear passenger window won't roll up?

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Truck was fine yesterday, charged to 100% last night to do weekend things without charging. I was getting ready to hop in to run into town, and went to crack all 4 windows to get it cooling a bit, when the rear passenger window went *all the way down* after I had released all 4 buttons (and the other three stopped). Now, no use of the button on the driver's door or the rear passenger door will raise the window. Tried power cycling, drove it a bit, parked it, tried again, still wide open... don't really want to leave it anywhere (much less drive 70) with the window wide open... Anyone seen this and what do I do to reset it or make it happy again? Thanks for any help with this!
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Maybe hold the button up for several seconds?
[p129]
"Note: The power windows operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off or until you open a front door.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when
one window is open, slightly open the
opposite window.
One-Touch Open
Fully press the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
One-Touch Close
Fully lift the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
1. Close the window.
2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK
WHAT IS WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK
The window stops and reverses if it detects an obstruction when closing.
OVERRIDING WINDOW BOUNCE-
BACK
WARNING: If you override bounce-back, the window does not
reverse if it detects an obstacle. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
2. Lift and hold the window control switch within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window. Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.
[p130:]
F-150 Lightning (TFD) Electric, Canada/United States of America, enUSA, Edition date: 202112, First-Printing
[Windows]
Note: The window goes past the point of resistance and you can fully close it. Note: If the window does not close, have
your vehicle checked as soon as possible."

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Check fuses? I'm not familiar enough to know if there are fuses for each window but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Maybe hold the button up for several seconds?
[p129]
"Note: The power windows operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off or until you open a front door.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when
one window is open, slightly open the
opposite window.
One-Touch Open
Fully press the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
One-Touch Close
Fully lift the window control switch and release it. Press again or lift it to stop the window.
Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
1. Close the window.
2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.
WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK
WHAT IS WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK
The window stops and reverses if it detects an obstruction when closing.
OVERRIDING WINDOW BOUNCE-
BACK
WARNING: If you override bounce-back, the window does not
reverse if it detects an obstacle. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
2. Lift and hold the window control switch within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window. Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.
[p130:]
F-150 Lightning (TFD) Electric, Canada/United States of America, enUSA, Edition date: 202112, First-Printing
[Windows]
Note: The window goes past the point of resistance and you can fully close it. Note: If the window does not close, have
your vehicle checked as soon as possible."
Thank you, I just went out and tried that, nothing. There's a clicking in the door when I don't touch anything, like maybe a bad relay... when I pull *up* on the switch, the clicking stops.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Pull the negative terminal on the 12v battery. It sounds like something is stuck, and completely de-powering the 12v system might help

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
The rear passenger window switch had no effect either?
If you want to do-it-yourself, which I would not recommend until out of warranty, here is a 2022 Explorer driver's door switch disassembled and fixed: https://www.explorerst.org/threads/window-not-working-2022.4193/post-65417
Way too much detail work for me.

clicking in the door when I don't touch anything, like maybe a bad relay... when I pull *up* on the switch, the clicking stops.
Darn, clicking stops but no Up. Time for a little pounding on door areas and windows while playing with the switches! I thought I saw another thread here about a rear side window, but I cannot find it.

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Pull the negative terminal on the 12v battery. It sounds like something is stuck, and completely de-powering the 12v system might help
Yikes, I tried this, let it sit for 5 minutes then reconnected, everything in the truck is the same but the frunk wouldn't close, so I closed it manually and it latched, now is working again. Still no function on the window rolling up :( Thank you everyone who has chimed in on this!

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rodeo clown
The rear passenger window switch had no effect either?
If you want to do-it-yourself, which I would not recommend until out of warranty, here is a 2022 Explorer driver's door switch disassembled and fixed: https://www.explorerst.org/threads/window-not-working-2022.4193/post-65417
Way too much detail work for me.

Darn, clicking stops but no Up. Time for a little pounding on door areas and windows while playing with the switches! I thought I saw another thread here about a rear side window, but I cannot find it.
Thank you, I've tried everything that was recommended, from holding driver's and rear passenger buttons up, holding driver's and rear passenger buttons down, to disconnecting the battery; I suspect a relay has failed in the 'roll down window' position and I'm afraid that at ~4500 miles it may be time for its first dealer visit. Thanks again.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Since I'm guessing you can't get into the dealer immediately I suggest taking the door panel off and doing whatever you need to do to get the window up. There's almost certainly a YouTube video on how to do this. It's the same as ICE trucks.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I had this happen to both of my rear windows on my 2021 ice f150. Both window motors were replaced under warranty. They failed within two weeks of each other.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Truck was fine yesterday, charged to 100% last night to do weekend things without charging. I was getting ready to hop in to run into town, and went to crack all 4 windows to get it cooling a bit, when the rear passenger window went *all the way down* after I had released all 4 buttons (and the other three stopped). Now, no use of the button on the driver's door or the rear passenger door will raise the window. Tried power cycling, drove it a bit, parked it, tried again, still wide open... don't really want to leave it anywhere (much less drive 70) with the window wide open... Anyone seen this and what do I do to reset it or make it happy again? Thanks for any help with this!
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I had a similar problem on my driver’s window. After parking while out running errands, the window would not fully open (stopped half way) when I got into the truck. I attempted to close it and got the dreaded bounce-back where the window stopped ~1.5” from the top. I could not get it to fully close no matter what I tried.

I called my dealer….the Service Desk was puzzled, so we made an appointment 5 weeks out….

I got on this forum today….thank goodness….and saw this post. It cued me to do a little more research which yielded this: https://www.wheelsjoint.com/ford-f-150-window-bounce-back-when-closing/

I followed the window reset steps previously posted, and as illustrated in the above web page…worked perfectly!

Now, the question is: Is my issue a symptom of a 12V battery or other issue, or just a gremlin in my system?

Only time will tell…think I’ll keep the appointment for a while to see how the window behaves……

Ivy64211

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
what did you wind up doing??? Mine is doing the same exact thing, clicking in the door unless I hold the switch down. Window won’t go up at all.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Window won’t go up at all.
Hi, just had this happen yesterday, what a disaster. Relay failed from the sounds of it. Luckily I had enough tools to get the window back up before the rains came.

Calling the dealer in the morning.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This thread makes me think I need to put a really big trash bag or some plastic and tape in the truck and carry with me. This isn't isolated, there have been a few reports of it.
Sponsored