• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help, Wave 7 Build Questions

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Hi folks, I have enjoyed reading the threads here, and thought I would ask your opinion. I received a call about a Wave 7 Lariat SR availability, since I have an ICE SUV, I don't really need the long range, I took it!

Does anyone know when Wave 7 will get the official Ford email? My dealer says "this week" June13

Do y'all have opinions on the necessity of the Max Tow, since I won't be doing long distance hauling. Does the additional cooling help normal driving?

Also, I can't think of any benefit to Blue Cruise unless I plan to take road trips, which will be few and far between. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Does anyone know what brand tire you get if you upgrade to BSW All-terrain?

Lastly - does adding "options" increase the lead time for the truck. For instance, if I take a standard build with no options, will it come faster?

I'm thinking Antimatter Blue, with Tow Tech and All Terrain Tires. All in $70664

Thanks all!
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Adding Max tow has been recommended by many of the reviewers who are familiar with EV's. The extra cooling can be beneficial beyond towing applications.

The Hankook Dynapro AT2 275/60r20 115t is the All Terrain tire. When it is added to an ER version of the XLT or Lariat, it reduces GVWR by 150 pounds compared to the All Season tire (8,550 vs 8,400 pounds). The SR version of the Lariat will have the same 8,250 GVWR rating regardless of the All Season or AT tires.

I don't think there has been any consistency on options vs. build date with the following exceptions:
- Early customer builds were nearly all ER versions (Platinum, Lariat ER and XLT ER). It wasn't until the 5/30 build week that a significant percentage of SR version trucks were built.
- It seems the XLT SR with the 312A trim option keeps getting pushed around for a build date.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Adding Max tow has been recommended by many of the reviewers who are familiar with EV's. The extra cooling can be beneficial beyond towing applications.

The Hankook Dynapro AT2 275/60r20 115t is the All Terrain tire. When it is added to an ER version of the XLT or Lariat, it reduces GVWR by 150 pounds compared to the All Season tire (8,550 vs 8,400 pounds). The SR version of the Lariat will have the same 8,250 GVWR rating regardless of the All Season or AT tires.

I don't think there has been any consistency on options vs. build date with the following exceptions:
- Early customer builds were nearly all ER versions (Platinum, Lariat ER and XLT ER). It wasn't until the 5/30 build week that a significant percentage of SR version trucks were built.
- It seems the XLT SR with the 312A trim option keeps getting pushed around for a build date.

Thank you, much appreciated!

I thought that about additional cooling. I might try to do a deeper dive on that.

Thanks so much for the tire information, that's great to know. I need to google opinions on the Hankook v. General Grabber. I have Michelin's on all my vehicles right now.

I do wonder why I was only offered the Lariat SR, I thought maybe that was all my dealer was offered, perhaps Ford has those particular builds in the pipeline right now.

Thanks for the reply!

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Check the other Wave 7 threads. It seems that Ford is only offering Lariat ER and SR models in Wave 7. It seemed the dealers were being offered a ratio of 3 ER's to 1 SR in wave 7. Perhaps your dealer already contacted other customers who took the ER opportunities and you were the last and all that was left was the SR?

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Check the other Wave 7 threads. It seems that Ford is only offering Lariat ER and SR models in Wave 7. It seemed the dealers were being offered a ratio of 3 ER's to 1 SR in wave 7. Perhaps your dealer already contacted other customers who took the ER opportunities and you were the last and all that was left was the SR?
Yeah, that's probably the case.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
My dealer was only allocated an additional Lariat ER

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Thank you, much appreciated!

I thought that about additional cooling. I might try to do a deeper dive on that.

Thanks so much for the tire information, that's great to know. I need to google opinions on the Hankook v. General Grabber. I have Michelin's on all my vehicles right now.

I do wonder why I was only offered the Lariat SR, I thought maybe that was all my dealer was offered, perhaps Ford has those particular builds in the pipeline right now.

Thanks for the reply!
From what I was able to find in Tirerack, it seemed the General Grabber A/S was the better choice. It has better dry, wet, and snow performance. the A/T option might be preferred if you do some light off roading, but anything serious is going to need a more aggressive tire anyways.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
About blue cruise, you cannot add it later and personally, if I were buying a used lariat down the line, I wouldn't buy one without it. How it will actually affect the value of the truck, who knows at this point. However, I will add that driver assistance seems to be becoming more and more standard and as the other electric trucks come to market, missing that option may be a deal breaker for many.
That said, get the truck configured how you want it because you are the one using it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have BlueCruise on my current 2021 Lariat. I absolutely love it and wouldn't want another vehicle without it. I also drive 100 miles round trip to work, and 82 of those miles are on a BlueCruise enabled stretch of expressway, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I’m only piping in on BlueCruise. I have never used it, but I do use AutoPilot on my Tesla that I’m selling and it completely takes the edge off of driving when I’m on long road trips during my once a week commute. Especially when I’m tired I would say it reduces me getting more fatigued while driving by 75%, than if I didn’t have it. That’s how much technology like that helps.

Even if you say you plan on not driving long distances, once you pass it up you can’t get it and resale will be nice if it’s there.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
@beerhoffman If your dealer did enter your name before 6/10 then Ford will email you with an invite for the Lariat SR this week.

Adding options may delay as I have found my base, non optioned, Lariat SR was ordered on 4/20/22 (wave 6) and it's already at build date today and blend date is this Friday. Compared to some other wave 6 orders that are optioned - they are waiting for build/blend dates.

I did not need any options as the Lariat was a higher trim than what I wanted (XLT - SR). 230 miles is more than I need.

Driving urban commute 5 days a week less than 25 miles means I won't have to recharge at home until the next week.

Never tow, rarely haul, and only need 4WD when I go fish the rivers on weekends.

I got my Lightning because it offers the state HOV exemption sticker (carpool) so that I can drive sole on the freeways with other carpoolers.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
I appreciate the Blue Cruise chime-ins here.

I found this interesting when going through the build.

If you choose the tow tech package, you can choose Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 - for no extra charge and that will include Blue Cruise. Seems like a no-brainer. Actually seems like something is off, why would you choose to add the $2220 option if you can just include the Tow Tech for $1395...???

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
@beerhoffman If your dealer did enter your name before 6/10 then Ford will email you with an invite for the Lariat SR this week.

Adding options may delay as I have found my base, non optioned, Lariat SR was ordered on 4/20/22 (wave 6) and it's already at build date today and blend date is this Friday. Compared to some other wave 6 orders that are optioned - they are waiting for build/blend dates.

I did not need any options as the Lariat was a higher trim than what I wanted (XLT - SR). 230 miles is more than I need.

Driving urban commute 5 days a week less than 25 miles means I won't have to recharge at home until the next week.

Never tow, rarely haul, and only need 4WD when I go fish the rivers on weekends.

I got my Lightning because it offers the state HOV exemption sticker (carpool) so that I can drive sole on the freeways with other carpoolers.
This is one thing I have been thinking about. If I include NO options, there has to be a chance I get it sooner. The Tow Tech and Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 are obvious upgrades and Blue Cruise seems to need in-dash tech that I assume would take time to install.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The Emails often lag by a few hours, I recommend logging onto FORD.COM

Try early afternoon around 1400 hours, or check in the morning, mid day, early afternoon everyday this week, I suspect you will see something by Wednesday.

View your reservation page, it may show a new status offering to let you begin configuring a build to order.

Though you may not use Max Tow, it could be useful as a resale feature.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
The Emails often lag by a few hours, I recommend logging onto FORD.COM

Try early afternoon around 1400 hours, or check in the morning, mid day, early afternoon everyday this week, I suspect you will see something by Wednesday.

View your reservation page, it may show a new status offering to let you begin configuring a build to order.

Though you may not use Max Tow, it could be useful as a resale feature.
I've checked about 5 times today. I'll update here if/when I see a change.
Sponsored