• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help with dimensions

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My garage is 20 by 20. The truck will fit - after I do some clean up. I have a 96" wide by 30" deep large shelf in front of where I'll park the truck. I know the width of the truck is 80". There won't be much room, but I'm leaving this shelf in place and removing that second shelf up and will remove all items from the bottom shelf. I'll have about 14" clearance side to side. I'll pull the truck right into that shelf for parking. Since another car will be beside me and a little caution it should be easy to do with no issues. I know I'll have to put some foam under that shelf incase someone tries to open the frunk with it pulled in there.

However - I need some help with two measurements. How far is it from the front edge of the truck/bumper to where the tire almost meets the ground? I need 30" and am not sure it is there. I think I'm going to have to take the bottom shelf off too. I just need to confirm.

Second dimension is how tall is the hood of the truck. I've got 51" clearance right now to the bottom of that 3rd shelf up, but I can move it to get a few more inches if needed.

Thanks for the help for anyone with a truck and a tape measure and 5 minutes of time. What would really be helpful would be a picture of the measurement of that bumper to tire.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with dimensions AMB side shot

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with dimensions IMG_1616

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with dimensions Lightning dimensions
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
While the tape is out, I would sure appreciate a real world measurement from the outer extreme of the passenger mirror in normal position, door closed across the cab to the outer extreme lip of the driver's door fully open. (Within an inch or two)

Scenario: Truck in the garage close to wall on passenger's side, mirror unfolded (no access to passenger side), with full access to the truck from driver's side with doors wide open. How wide do I need it?

Thanks!

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
An ICE truck will give you the same measurements. If you don't have a reply by the time I get off work, I will measure my truck when I get home.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
An ICE truck will give you the same measurements. If you don't have a reply by the time I get off work, I will measure my truck when I get home.
Thank you and I appreciate your help.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
This is from the eSource book.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with dimensions Lightning dimensions

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
This is from the eSource book.

Lightning dimensions.png
Thank you. I missed those. It will be very close. I can leave a couple of inches in front when I park.

I think that is so close I would appreciate a measurement from the bumper 30” back if anyone still has a minute. My brain is not in a mood to Google the math for that round wheel to know how far from thebumper to where it is three inches off the ground. The height of that shelf.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Tires are 33 inches in diameter. Front overhang 38 inches radius=16.5 inches. 38 minus 16.5 = 21.5 inches. I'm not going to do any trigonometry, but you get to 5 inches up about 5 inches back, so 5 inches at 27 inches from the wall... You should be really close.

Clear the bottom shelf, pull forward until front tires touch bottom shelf, you will be almost against the wall. Truck is 19 feet 5 inches long, so if you are 2 inches from the wall and garage is 20ft long, you will have 5 inches behind the truck.

• Love

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I asked my dealer to loan me a used ICE F150 to fit in my garage. Your dealer probably would too.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Tires are 33 inches in diameter. Front overhang 38 inches radius=16.5 inches. 38 minus 16.5 = 21.5 inches. I'm not going to do any trigonometry, but you get to 5 inches up about 5 inches back, so 5 inches at 27 inches from the wall... You should be really close.

Clear the bottom shelf, pull forward until front tires touch bottom shelf, you will be almost against the wall. Truck is 19 feet 5 inches long, so if you are 2 inches from the wall and garage is 20ft long, you will have 5 inches behind the truck.
I just got home from work and it's too dark out for clear pictures. Let me know what's left you need answered and I'll get to it in the morning.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I asked my dealer to loan me a used ICE F150 to fit in my garage. Your dealer probably would too.
Like the idea, but I know it will fit, I just don't know if it will fit with my shelf left in the way. I'm trying to maximize the hell out of that 20'. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Thanks - makes sense and along the lines of what I was thinking. I don't want to hit the sheet rock anyway -so I can likely give up to 4" inches in front - leaves me about 2 to 3 in back. I parked a half ton GMC in there for several years, before the shelf came along.

It'll be pushing it but should be doable to leave that bottom shelf. If all else fails I'll pull it out after I get home with the truck, but you've helped convince me it should work.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Is backing in an option?

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Using the super accurate broom marker, I would say 33 inches from the bottom of the tire to the bumper
Ford F-150 Lightning Help with dimensions 163A3BE6-A576-4499-A96F-527FEB22505F

• Love
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Is backing in an option?
It could be, but I don't have the best drive for that. Have rear entrance garages and my drive is up a decent slope. I back in to most spots otherwise, but hadn't considered it at home.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Using the super accurate broom marker, I would say 33 inches from the bottom of the tire to the bumper
163A3BE6-A576-4499-A96F-527FEB22505F.jpeg
Thank you for that. Exactly what I needed and think it will work. Leaving that bottom shelf in will give me needed stability for the shelf and I do have a couple of extra inches of room. I think it will work out perfect.
Sponsored