• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hot Spot / Modem Issues after 4.1.3 . anyone else ?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I believe I’ve read about people having issues with the onboard modem not working recently.

In the past two weeks , the hotspot on my truck has not been broadcasting the SSID or allowing devices that remember my hotspot to connect when I turn on the truck . I have to go into settings and manually turn off then turn back on the hotpot for it to work now . Has anyone else had any issues like this ? It works, but I have to do this every time I get in the truck.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I have 4.1.3 and use an external Verizon MiFi hotspot with unlimited data.

Strange that Ford's WiFI connectivity uses 2.4GHz.

I prefer 5Ghz for faster data bandwidth..

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I have 4.1.3 and use an external Verizon MiFi hotspot with unlimited data.

Strange that Ford's WiFI connectivity uses 2.4GHz.

I prefer 5Ghz for faster data bandwidth..
Yeah , my iphone 14 pro max on 5GUW is mich faster than the onboard hotspot . The reason I use it ( the onboard ATT wifi)is for my androidmmb box that lets me stream any service live while the truck is in motion . That box auto connects to the wifi on the truck and it “just works” without any input from the user . At least until two weeks ago.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yeah , my iphone 14 pro max on 5GUW is mich faster than the onboard hotspot . The reason I use it ( the onboard ATT wifi)is for my androidmmb box that lets me stream any service live while the truck is in motion . That box auto connects to the wifi on the truck and it “just works” without any input from the user . At least until two weeks ago.
Have you tried resetting the 12V battery ?
Since the modem, TCU, and on board electronics work off the 12V source - might be the way to restore function.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Mine reset and I had to put in the SSID and password again. Worked after that. I think there is also an option to switch between 2.4ghz and 5ghz broadcast.

My complaint is I can't figure out how to get the truck to connect to itself.. for streaming service purposes. That's messed up you can't do that.
Sponsored