• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I drop the driver-side rear seatback down?

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Has anyone been able to fold the rear seatback down? There is a fabric pull tether to get behind the passenger rear seatback to access the car jack, but can the driver-side rear seatback also fold down (like previous F150 models). It looks to me like Ford may have taken this feature away or made it much more difficult to release. I would like to hide some seldomly needed tools back there like my Harbor Freight Rambo knife. The videos on youtube do not seem to apply to my Lighning Pro.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Raise the lower seat up and it will give you more room to see down in behind the upper seat. There is a latch with a nub sticking out to the side. I take a 3/4 in wrench and reach down in to hook the nub and pull up. It will release the seat.

I should say "did" open it like that, because there are 3rd party latch add ons to give you a similar strap to the other side. I installed this one.

https://www.amazon.com/BuiltRight-I...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207592712408&psc=1

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I also used builtright for the extended release lever. They have an easy to follow video for installation that shows how to lower it. Their antenna has been working well for me as well.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Yah, got mine down easily the first time. Not so much this last time, I gave up. Seems the latch is stuck. I don't feel like slicing open my hand, so I may try GDN's idea next.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Ok, thanks. I'll have to file this under: Get a better flashlight! I was expecting there to be a nub with a head on it like a nailhead and I wasn't expecting it to be silver.

Things get a little easier once you understand. I've ordered the Builtright product as I expect to be accessing this compartment on a frequent basis.
Ford F-150 Lightning How do I drop the driver-side rear seatback down? 20220916_125117

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
My problem is I can never get it to latch closed again!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It is very hard to close at times. The problem is - that is a "sliding" latch. It is in one position if the seat bottom is flat and another position if the seat bottom is raised. I just try to always make sure and not to do anything with the seat bottom while I've got that seat unlatched.

OP
OP

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Ok, I'm still learning, but try this. The unmovable half of the latch that is mounted on the wall behind the seat has a bar that spans the bracket left and right. That bar can slide up and down and my research tells me that for it to click into place, it should be in the up position or close to it. I hope this helps.
Ford F-150 Lightning How do I drop the driver-side rear seatback down? 20220916_170443

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I agree with the @RavenYZF-R6 ’s post about the latch from Builtright…it took me less than 10 minutes to easily install this simple, but effective latch in my truck….I think you’ll be happy with your purchase.

Builtright’s video clearly and accurately explains how to release the OEM latch, and how their replacement latch eliminates problems with the latch bar moving after opening which prevents the OEM latch from catching when trying to return the seat back….

Sponsored

Last edited: