• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Do I Get My Charge Station Pro?

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
I have a ER Lariat Wave 1 order with a build week of 5/9. I’ve already received quotes and a lot of misinformation from Sunrun, so I’m planning on not utilizing them for anything.

Does Sunrun still supply the Charge Station Pro that comes with my Lightning, or does it actually come with the truck upon delivery? I assumed Sunrun still fulfilled the equipment because there wasn’t another way to get it ahead of the truck delivery, but now that I’ve eliminated them as an option, I’m trying to verify how/when I’ll receive it.

If I missed this info somewhere, please point me to the existing thread. Thanks.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford F-150 Lightning How Do I Get My Charge Station Pro? Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 6.44.32 AM

OP
OP

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
I understand it’s included with the purchase of an ER Lightning, but how do I physically get it? Is it in the truck when it gets delivered or is there a way for me to get it ahead of time (from Ford? From Sunrun?) so I can have it installed prior to getting my truck?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’ll be in the truck

Reactions: GDN

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Last I herd from media and other sources was that it was “anticipated” to be shipped from sunrun before the arrival of your truck. I’ll try to find the official docs stating that.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Last I herd from media and other sources was that it was “anticipated” to be shipped from sunrun before the arrival of your truck. I’ll try to find the official docs stating that.
I don’t think that’s correct, if you don’t go through with delivery you end up with a charger with no way for them to charge you.

Reactions: GDN

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I understand it’s included with the purchase of an ER Lightning, but how do I physically get it? Is it in the truck when it gets delivered or is there a way for me to get it ahead of time (from Ford? From Sunrun?) so I can have it installed prior to getting my truck?
If you want to have the charger ready when you pick up your truck, get an electrician ASAP to install the sub panel, breaker and housing first.

Then when you get the truck, have the electrician do the final mounting and powering up.
Ford F-150 Lightning How Do I Get My Charge Station Pro? Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.41.37 AM

Last edited:

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I don’t think that’s correct, if you don’t go through with delivery you end up with a charger with no way for them to charge you.
There has been discussions about that issue. May be why I’m unable to find the sources stating my case. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
There has been discussions about that issue. May be why I’m unable to find the sources stating my case. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks!
It is discussed in the "Playbook", though I wouldn't be surprised if they change how it is treated. Claimed Sunrun would contact you to determine if they should install it for you, or ship it to you.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Gotta own the truck first, they arent going to send the charger before you pay friend.

Sponsored

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
I am also trying to figure this out. Wave 1, 4/22 production date (4/18 week). There are a details now about how to install it. We already have the breaker installed and wire run to the location for the CSP waiting for it. Like was said by others, I remember them saying you be able to get it installed 3 weeks before you get the vehicle. But, more recently it seems that others are saying it will come with the truck. Ford says they think it will come with the truck. The dealer thinks this too. But, no one is sure. I’ll post if I learn more. We also plan to do some videos with Larry Lynch when we get it: https://youtube.com/c/Larrylarry91

OP
OP

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
I reached back out to the rep from Sunrun that gave me a quote to ask 1) Can I purchase the HIS from them or do I need to use the aeeexpress website and 2) would Sunrun be sending me the Charge Station Pro if I’m doing a self install? Here was his response:

“ Yes, you would purchase it through that site. And with Ford charger, if you wanted it earlier, you would need to contact Ford to get it earlier. Otherwise it’s automatically sent out about 6 weeks before your truck arrives. Also to clarify, we contact Ford if you end up installing through us”.

According to him, you can’t get the HIS or CSP from Sunrun directly if you aren’t having them install it. The 6 weeks ahead of delivery was interesting because some of you are much closer than 6 weeks already.
Sponsored