• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I get rid of this (app) within Android Auto?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW Space White
I was listening to TuneIn Radio through Android Auto and now I can't get rid of it. I re-booted my phone several times, I Closed the App on the phone (even though I did not start it after re-booting), but no matter what I do I cannot get rid of it in Android Auto.
Any idea?

Ford F-150 Lightning How do I get rid of this (app) within Android Auto? Inked20211222_170229_LI
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
Click on the menu button, which is the circle within a circle to the left of your markup and select a different app.

Ford F-150 Lightning How do I get rid of this (app) within Android Auto? 1640213900733

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
Also, within the settings, you can uncheck "tune in" or any other app if you want to completely hide it.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Before you go to your truck and start it up:

1. Open up Android Auto on you phone
2. Scroll down to where it says "Customize Launcher" and click that
3. Uncheck Tunein Radio

This makes it a hidden app to Android Auto.

Since I do not plan to renew SiriusXM I'm planning to use Tunein to stream mainline news channels. For music, I pay $10 a month for Spotify. The paid version of Spotify is awesome and integrates with Android Auto and Google Assistant nicely.

Concerning Tunein, my 302A XLT has the 12" display and non B&O sound system, but doesn't have the HD Radio capability, which surprised me. Oh well, I think Tunein is probably better than HD Radio anyway - I'm keeping it enabled. I'll use basic FM as my absolute last choice... I seriously doubt I will ever use the regular radio, but good to have it if I am out of cell tower range. In a few years I doubt that there will be any areas with out internet coverage.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Click on the menu button, which is the circle within a circle to the left of your markup and select a different app.

1640213900733.png
But then I'll constantly see the other app and when I close the other app, TuneIn will return to this spot. It refuses to go away.

Also, within the settings, you can uncheck "tune in" or any other app if you want to completely hide it.
But I might want to use from time to time, I just don't understand why it insists on sticking around.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK, not sure I want to completely hide the app, but I did find another settings towards the bottom of Android Auto:

Automatically start media
Automatically start media when you start driving.

This was checked, I unchecked it and will test tomorrow.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You are using WAZE in Android Auto... right? If so, try this.

Open Waze on your phone and go to settings. Scroll all the way down to where it says Audio player. If there is an option shown to disconnect Tunein select that.

My WAZE app shows that I have Spotify and Tunein installed, but mine only shows the option to disconnect Spotify. I'm guessing that is because I always use Spotify or it may be the last thing I listened to with WAZE.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You are using WAZE in Android Auto... right? If so, try this.

Open Waze on your phone and go to settings. Scroll all the way down to where it says Audio player. If there is an option shown to disconnect Tunein select that.

My WAZE app shows that I have Spotify and Tunein installed, but mine only shows the option to disconnect Spotify. I'm guessing that is because I always use Spotify or it may be the last thing I listened to with WAZE.
Nope, it is checked off.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm out of ideas after this, but try opening the settings in the Tunein App under Profile button. I see that there are Autoplay and Waze Navigation Settings. Mine show that autoplay turns On to resume last stream when Tunein launches and also WAZE Navigation enabled. Not sure how these settings will effect Android Auto.

I'm a relative newbie with Tunein. I only installed it and start playing around with it a couple days ago.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm out of ideas after this, but try opening the settings in the Tunein App under Profile button. I see that there are Autoplay and Waze Navigation Settings. Mine show that autoplay turns On to resume last stream when Tunein launches and also WAZE Navigation enabled. Not sure how these settings will effect Android Auto.

I'm a relative newbie with Tunein. I only installed it and start playing around with it a couple days ago.
I want to clarify: What you are referring to is setting your preferred Audio app to appear on top of waze. That's not my issue. My issue that this app is showing in Android Auto. If it was "on top of waze" then it would show on the Waze map.

I see some settings within the TuneIn App itself, I made some changes and will test again tomorrow.

Thanks.
Sponsored