• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How is the Lightning XLT $12,500 more than the Pro?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I keep trying but cannot find any way to explain it...

Power seats are nice but I can buy a lot of aftermarket upgrades for $10,000...
The 360 camera might be worth something but its included on the Pro with tow tech so that's a wash.
Exterior changes are mostly cosmetic and don't add value to me, maybe the lighting is worth a few hundred buck at most but that is also included with two tech.
Sponsored

Shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s, model x, 10 others....
Occupation
Car junkie
This is why they are going to limit Pro production severly

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
So I am really not missing something?

I guess my only real concern is if there are noticeable differences in the audio system. Does anyone know if the Pro has bluetooth and/or Android radio?

My wife is concerned about the manual seats but I'm sure I can get a powered base to fit for under a couple thousand dollars. And frankly she will likely never drive it anyway.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs

I guess my only real concern is if there are noticeable differences in the audio system. Does anyone know if the Pro has bluetooth and/or Android radio?

My wife is concerned about the manual seats but I'm sure I can get a powered base to fit for under a couple thousand dollars. And frankly she will likely never drive it anyway.
I think what you are missing is that the Pro is really not intended for retail customers. They probably biffed in marketing outside of fleet buyers at all. So I guess you can choose to be pissed about the relative high cost of the entry XLT or thankful that the Pro exists for any retail customers.

Also, Ford probably believes that the bell curve would show that 95% of retail buyers are probably going to be disappointed with owning a Pro, not knowing how many features are actually built into the average entry level retail product.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150

There's another thread that has the order guide, grab that, it has a lot of details compared to the build tool.

this is from the order guide. Android auto is included in the pro.

● SYNC®4withEnhancedVoiceRecognition
— 12”LCDCapacitiveTouchscreenwithSwipeCapability
  • — InformationOnDemandPanel
  • — WirelessPhoneConnection
  • — CloudConnected
  • — AppLink®w/AppCatalog
  • — 911Assist®
  • — WirelessAppleCarPlay®andAndroidAutoTM
    Compatibility
  • — DigitalOwner’sManual
  • — ConversationalVoiceCommandRecognition
  • — ConnectedBuilt-InNavigation6

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
It's all the little things that add up to that extra price. Like a pizza.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Studying the ordering guide is what caused me to create this thread (thanks for pointing out the Sync4 bit as I glossed over that)

Here is what it says is added for XLT:

SUPERCREW® – XLT SERIES
STANDARD EQUIPMENT
ď‚« = New for this model year
- 6 - Ford Division
PROPRIETARY
The following equipment is standard as indicated. Each series includes the standard equipment of the previous series, except where
additions/exceptions are noted:
EXTERIOR
● BoxLink™ (includes four (4) premium locking cleats)
● Bumper, Front/Rear – Body-color
â—Ź Carbon Black Fixed Extended Running Board w/ Enhanced
Lighting
● Grille – Geometric Gray-ion fine Satin Metallic w/ Signature
Front Lighting
● Mirrors, Sideview – Manual-folding, Power Glass with
Heat,Turn Signal and Black Skull Caps
INTERIOR/COMFORT
â—Ź Black Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
● Carpet – Color-coordinated with Carpeted Floor Mats
â—Ź Illuminated Entry
â—Ź Interior Work Surface
â—Ź Power-Adjustable Pedals
â—Ź Rear Defroster
â—Ź Seat, Front
— Medium Dark Slate Cloth with Gauge Bolster
— 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat (Power Lumbar
Driver/Manual Lumbar Passenger)
â—Ź Seat, Rear
— Under seat Storage
SAFETY/SECURITY
â—Ź LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights
● SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad, Driver’s Side
FORD CO-PILOT360™ TECHNOLOGY
â—Ź 360-Degree Camera
â—Ź Forward Sensing System
FUNCTIONAL
● SiriusXM® w/ 360L1 Radio

This really makes the Pro look like an amazing deal if you can get one. I'm preparing myself to get the XLT if availability constraints prevent me from getting a Pro but the Pro has got to be my first choice.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Pro is meant for contractors and work crews.

If you want a cushy, warm fuzzy feeling truck, then pay the extra money and get the higher trims.

I'm happy with the base Pro version as it will be my daily driver to work and home.
Any need for luxury, I'll drive the BMW>...

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3! (F-150 Lightning soon)
Pro is meant for contractors and work crews.

If you want a cushy, warm fuzzy feeling truck, then pay the extra money and get the higher trims.

I'm happy with the base Pro version as it will be my daily driver to work and home.
Any need for luxury, I'll drive the BMW>...

For sure, I'd rather add that $13k to option out the other family car than a truck. That's just me of course.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I think what you are missing is that the Pro is really not intended for retail customers. They probably biffed in marketing outside of fleet buyers at all. So I guess you can choose to be pissed about the relative high cost of the entry XLT or thankful that the Pro exists for any retail customers.

Also, Ford probably believes that the bell curve would show that 95% of retail buyers are probably going to be disappointed with owning a Pro, not knowing how many features are actually built into the average entry level retail product.
Real life observation supports your last point: out of all the recent MY F-150s I see out in the wild, in people’s driveways etc., probably only 5% are XLs aka Pros. Most likely Ford just based trim allocations on previous sales data.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Real life observation supports your last point: out of all the recent MY F-150s I see out in the wild, in people’s driveways etc., probably only 5% are XLs aka Pros. Most likely Ford just based trim allocations on previous sales data.
I disagree, where I work alongside my co-worker's Ford vehicles - all are XL trim - we have a huge fleet of "white vehicles" in our government organization.

Our workplace has all XL trimmed: F150, F250, F350, F450 and F650 trucks as well as old Crown Vics (police), Ford vans (delivery) and cross overs like my work car courtesy of the state taxpayers....

Even the subcontractors we hire drive the XL trim.

Quite popular due to the durability.

For what I need to drive on a daily basis (commute), the Pro will be more than enough - I just want the HOV carpool exemption sticker to drive solo in the far left lane...

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I disagree, where I work alongside my co-worker's Ford vehicles - all are XL trim - we have a huge fleet of "white vehicles" in our government organization.

Our workplace has all XL trimmed: F150, F250, F350, F450 and F650 trucks as well as old Crown Vics (police), Ford vans (delivery) and cross overs like my work car courtesy of the state taxpayers....

Even the subcontractors we hire drive the XL trim.

Quite popular due to the durability.

For what I need to drive on a daily basis (commute), the Pro will be more than enough - I just want the HOV carpool exemption sticker to drive solo in the far left lane...
You’re absolutely correct regarding fleets. Privately owned vehicles, I think 5% XL is about right. Just my observation delivering mail here in Mississippi.

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Does anyone know if the Pro has bluetooth and/or Android radio?
Definitely has Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I was also happy to see push button start because elsewhere someone said old fashioned key/ignition. I am still pretty confident the Max Tow package will also include the trailer brake controller too.

The biggest annoyance to me is how does the PRO not at least get the Option for the interior work surface? Didn't they market the Pro as the workers truck! (surely and easy aftermarket fix)

Source - https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf

Ford F-150 Lightning How is the Lightning XLT $12,500 more than the Pro? Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 6.01.18 PM
Sponsored