• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss. Just curious if this is the norm for everyone or just my area - Seattle. Everyone still approaches me and asks questions at charging stations and parking lots. I would expect to see more. I also recently test drove an R1T and it reminded me of a Toyota Tacoma in size. The Lightning is quicker off the line, way smoother of a ride, and is much more functional as a truck. The Rivian fit and finish was much nicer though which really wasn't a surprise.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
In my area there's quite a few Lightnings, maybe 10 driving around in total. Opposite here with Rivians, I think I've only seen 3 driving around.

You're right about the Rivian, it has a nicer interior. I think is a better daily commuter in a city or population dense urban environment designed before trucks ruled the road. However, it's not a real truck in the traditional work sense, I parked right next to one and actually laughed when I saw how tiny Rivian was side-by-side with my Lightning. Even though they are both "trucks," they truly aren't in the same class. Plus I know the CT gets a lot of hate for its design, but I'd take it over the Rivian front end any day, it has a face only a mother could love. The Lightning is just a fine looking truck, even if traditional. I'll end my side rant.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
I think I saw a Pro once. I have never seen a Rivian. A lot of Tesla cars. Cyber truck is a unicorn too.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss.
My experience here in rural Northern CA is similar -- I've only seen 2 other Lightnings in the 8 months since I got mine, and I generally see one or two Rivian's per month in that timeframe.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Saw my first in the wild on the way to pick mine up. I was in front of the dealership and I think it was another one that came in on the same truck as mine. I’ve seen 2 at DC chargers and one in a parking lot. I’ve seen more Rivians than Lightings.

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
I have seen 2 in the last 4 months

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
SoCal. There’s one I see in front of a house all the time and a couple at charging stations. I’ve maybe seen 6 on the road since taking delivery and have actually driven next to one on the 15. Given the number that have gone to CA I thought I’d be seeing more.

I have 2 R1Ts in my neighborhood. I see them everywhere. Ss are showing up too. I think my neighbors still don’t realize my truck is electric. One made a comment that I sure seem to have to work on my new truck a lot (since the “hood” is always up🤣)

Last edited:

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I've maybe seen 5 total. Only one or two since getting mine in Decemeber.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've seen probably 8 to 10 as well as the same number of Rivian's including their SUV. Neither are too uncommon in Dallas.

It does seem all of a sudden an uptick in the number of people that recognize the lightning. Driving it 8 months I've only had 4 or 5 people acknowledge or ask about the truck. This week alone - 3 people on the road gave a thumbs up and another in my neighborhood, all in just a span of a few days. Thought it was interesting that the attention seems to have really jumped this past week.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I saw one mannequin on the road before I got mine, and since taking ownership (4 months) I have one seen one other Lightning in the wild. (while we were both at the dealer service shop!)

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Quite a few, I'm close enough to Dearborn that I saw them driving around in pre-production trim. I've seen a couple EV Hummers and at least one EV Denali. Rivian R1T and R1S seem common but maybe I keep seeing the same ones.

My buddy has a Kia EV6. He says he's only seen one other one but I see them all over town.🤷‍♂️

Also, I totally wave to Lightning drivers. We have our own little club like Jeep and motorcycle people.👋😃

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I have seen NONE in Northern Virginia

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I saw one mannequin on the road before I got mine, and since taking ownership (4 months) I have one seen one other Lightning in the wild. (while we were both at the dealer service shop!)
How did you know it was a mannequin?🤔

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
How did you know it was a mannequin?🤔
Dealer plates…. And I saw it out front of the same dealer a few weeks later.

this was back in September or August

Last edited:

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
One in the parking lot in Foxborough at a Patriots game. One at a stoplight in Sarasota. None seen yet in NH and none seen for several months now.
Sponsored