• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings would Ford make this year?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Ford plan to reach 250k capacity by year end, but I have not seen how many Ford pla to make this year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
More importantly, how many will they sell this year?

Im starting to see the slowdown in new car sales and the Lightning is now being sold a few thousand below MSRP in some locations.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Fords goal is to reach a effective run rate of 150,000 Lightnings by the end of this production year per media statements and internal briefing documents leaked to the WWW. NOTE effective run rate inferred from that point forward, at the moment they are only producing ~850 trucks a week.

See my MY2023 production stat's tracker, & My MY2022 production stat's

You can search for Fords monthly retail sales reports.

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Fords goal is to reach a effective run rate of 150,000 Lightnings by the end of this production year per media statements and internal briefing documents leaked to the WWW. NOTE effective run rate inferred from that point forward, at the moment they are only producing ~850 trucks a week.

See my MY2023 production stat's tracker, & My MY2022 production stat's

You can search for Fords monthly retail sales reports.
850 per week is lower than I expected.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
850 per week is lower than I expected.
My understanding is that they are stopping production June/July to retool/expand and significantly increase production after September. If all goes to plan, and we know a lot of things can derail this.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Ford plan to reach 250k capacity by year end, but I have not seen how many Ford pla to make this year.
I would guess Ford will "sell" 100,000 Lightnings in 2023.

They MAY have the capacity of 250,000 in 2024 but will there be enough buyers at the current price?

Getting a Lariat, extended range battery, makes for an expensive truck. I know, I know, a loaded ICE truck can be pricey, but $85-$89,000 for a Lightning is a lot more than $69,000 for an ICE pickup. The # of buyers for a $89,000 truck is way less than one for $69,000.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This is my revised guesstimate as of build week 5/29 production volume at 805.
MY 2023 should see about 60,000 trucks built if the plan is followed.

Are there that many buyers? Maybe not as many Platinums and Lariats, but a TON of fleet trucks in the Pro & XLT trims could be made!!
Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings would Ford make this year? 1684512188176

Last edited:

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
I'm still waiting. Placed my order March 31, with an estimated delivery date between June and August (I never believed that, but here's hoping...) I got this email this week:

Here’s your status, along with a promise

Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings would Ford make this year? Logo-Ford

Dear Scott,
We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order.
Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.
Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.​

No idea what the time frame means now and would love input from folks who seem to have inside track. Taxman? Any thoughts?

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm still waiting. Placed my order March 31, with an estimated delivery date between June and August (I never believed that, but here's hoping...) I got this email this week:

Logo-Ford.png

Dear Scott,
We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order.
Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.
Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.

No idea what the time frame means now and would love input from folks who seem to have inside track. Taxman? Any thoughts?
Ford still has production constraints. The most recent was moonroofs and power tailgates.
They scheduled a lot of lower trims and then ran out of door handles.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford still has production constraints. The most recent was moonroofs and power tailgates.
They scheduled a lot of lower trims and then ran out of door handles.
Makes sense why we are seeing so many pros built that were originally fall 23 estimated delivery

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
My understanding is that they are stopping production June/July to retool/expand and significantly increase production after September. If all goes to plan, and we know a lot of things can derail this.
I'm very curious about this. We sort of new LFP was coming to machE(and lightning) but i was still surprised how abruptly it happen for machE. I wonder if the Lightning retooling is going to start things back up with LFP showing up in September for the Lightning. It's not like they are going retool again 2 months later for the 2024 models that have been said to officially have the LFP. Additionally , are they going to take that moment to put in the android auto that had been previously announced for 2023. They talk about being more like Tesla by making positive changes right in the middle of things and not waiting for refresh cycles. They sort of did the macheE LFP right in the middle of a model year.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm very curious about this. We sort of new LFP was coming to machE(and lightning) but i was still surprised how abruptly it happen for machE. I wonder if the Lightning retooling is going to start things back up with LFP showing up in September for the Lightning. It's not like they are going retool again 2 months later for the 2024 models that have been said to officially have the LFP. Additionally , are they going to take that moment to put in the android auto that had been previously announced for 2023. They talk about being more like Tesla by making positive changes right in the middle of things and not waiting for refresh cycles. They sort of did the macheE LFP right in the middle of a model year.
The lfp changeover wont require any retooling, it just a different cell chemistry I side the same cell architecture. There may be changes to the battery BMS and some software changes but none of that should affect the actual assembly process. Same with the change to android for the infotainment unit. It will be the same hardware just with different software. I keep thinking I should wait and order a 2024 but damnit it's going to be so much more expensive than my pro order.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet

Logo-Ford.png

Dear Scott,

My Lightning Lariat SR was ordered 12/16/2022 and I recently got the same email.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm still seeing virtually no Lightnings on the road around here. I'm surprised they've made so many. I've been seeing Rivians pretty regularly.
Sponsored