• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many miles on a new Lightning delivered?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Out of curiosity, how many miles (roughly) should be on a new Lightning that just came off the delivery truck?
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Mine hit the dealer lot with 28.2, they delivered it to me with 29.7.

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Mine had 11.1 at delivery which made sense as it went from Rouge, to body shop for spray, to Ramp 51, then off carrier at dealer.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Keep in mind that on an ICE vehicle, people didn't like mileage on it at delivery because they worried the engine and/or drivetrain had been stressed by others pre-delivery. Some thought that a few miles driven aggressively could impact things like the engine parts settling in.

With an EV that's all a non-issue. When you get the car, do a master reset, and that resets your driving history. Reset Trip 1 to zero, and Trip 2 if you don't care if it doesn't match the odometer. Then off you go.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Some thought that a few miles driven aggressively could impact things like the engine parts settling in.
It's a good thing people don't see what I see every day. If this statement was true, every truck produced in the Rouge is a ticking time bomb.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It's a good thing people don't see what I see every day. If this statement was true, every truck produced in the Rouge is a ticking time bomb.
LOL

I've never been one to focus on the mileage on an ICE vehicle, unless it was over say 40 miles. But my last two purchases were dealer trades, and I requested that they be driven as the break-in instructions stated, varying engine RPMs, not setting cruise at 70. No issue on either one.

On the EVs it's a non-issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine had 42 miles on delivery.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
They don't need to race them in the rail yard. The transport companies race them on the road.

Believe it or not, nobody is putting excess miles on them for no reason. The transport companies have vans following the convoy drivers to their destination ready to shuttle them back to pick up other vehicles. They don't have time to screw around. Same with the people loading the trains. They are too busy.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
98 on delivery and on the contract.

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I agree that break in is not much of a factor. (I guess you could make some argument about the brakes being bedded in gently.) But I would prefer not to have excessive miles due to demoing (if any) on it.

What I'm getting from this thread is that anything over 20-30 has probably been demoed which is ok if it doesn't get excessive.
Sponsored