• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many more months for day 1 reservation holders?

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
I’ve been waiting quietly and patiently, but any guesses which month Ford will have finally invited all of us day 1 reservation holders?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I’ve been waiting quietly and patiently, but any guesses which month Ford will have finally invited all of us day 1 reservation holders?
Month? I doubt they will get them all in this year...2024 is my guess

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
You must of been at one the dealers that prioritized the max they could per their reservation numbers

OP
OP

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Say it ain’t so. What was the day one count? 20k? Too bad I picked my closest dealer who prioritized 25 employees/friends ahead of me.

OP
OP

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
You must of been at one the dealers that prioritized the max they could per their reservation numbers
Hindsight tells me I am. Despite them telling me they didn’t. So much clarity from dealers. As a customer and shareholder I really hope Jim can implement the change he seeks.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Hindsight tells me I am. Despite them telling me they didn’t. So much clarity from dealers. As a customer and shareholder I really hope Jim can implement the change he seeks.
It's really terrible to hear and see it happen over and over in the forums. I reserved after getting to work the next morning. I have a 2018 F150 and never really thought I'd actually order it was a "just in case thing" then got invited to a Lightning event in August and rode in one and it was game over Ford take my money 💰💰💰

OP
OP

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
It's really terrible to hear and see it happen over and over in the forums. I reserved after getting to work the next morning. I have a 2018 F150 and never really thought I'd actually order it was a "just in case thing" then got invited to a Lightning event in August and rode in one and it was game over Ford take my money 💰💰💰
I’m so happy for you :censored:

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Plenty of day one Bronco reservation holders are over 800 days now and no truck.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I had my reservation complete within 3 minutes of them opening pre-orders and was only just able to order last month. The manufacturer to dealer model is so broken it's not even funny. Direct to consumer is the wave of the future if they can find a way to keep service standards up.

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
Say it ain’t so. What was the day one count? 20k? Too bad I picked my closest dealer who prioritized 25 employees/friends ahead of me.
I placed an order on 5/20, still waiting for the invite. I believe on 5/21 Farley tweeted they had 40-44k reservations.
@TaxmanHog had a projection that there should be 16-17k built for MY22.
Those are known variables, unknowns are how badly jump-in-line-mix-in-bussiness-orders-add-on-top-zev-quotes messed up the line order. I was ready to wait till my24 until price change/tax credit/trim availability shenanigans started to happen, now you never know what next month brings…

Last edited:

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Ultimately, it is your dealer who will have the information regarding where you stand in their line. Then you only need to know what your dealer's allocation will be. If a dealer is forthcoming with that information then you could fairly easily deduce when you may get your Lightning.

But if your dealer prioritized a number of reservations ahead of early reservations then they may not want to be forthcoming since you would be more likely to shop around for another dealer.

I think the best state to pick for moving a Lightning reservation is New Jersey. NJ is a ZEV state and is getting plenty of allocation from Ford with one of the lowest reservation ratios per capita.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
@biers
Isn't WA a ZEV state ?

Is your dealer a high volume / high allocation compared to others ?

Looking at @TaxmanHog spreadsheet, you can see that WA has not received many orders compared to the rest of the states:
Ford F-150 Lightning How many more months for day 1 reservation holders? Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 6.36.09 AM

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
As a shareholder, now I can see why the head of supply chain was elevated to CEO at Apple, not a marketing guy. Detroit companies wish to be valuated like silicone valley ones but yet make strange moves. I agree that it is not fair comparison (Apples to apples lol) however lessons of success from thriving companies cannot be dismissed for those who wants to catch up.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
As a shareholder, now I can see why the head of supply chain was elevated to CEO at Apple, not a marketing guy. Detroit companies wish to be valuated like silicone valley ones but yet make strange moves. I agree that it is not fair comparison (Apples to apples lol) however lessons of success from thriving companies cannot be dismissed for those who wants to catch up.
As a shareholder? So you have to buy stock to research companies now? Lol

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
As a shareholder? So you have to buy stock to research companies now? Lol
Not sure what you meant… of course everyone can do their research without investing into companies.
“As a shareholder” meaning that I have interest in following their corporate game. Everyone was happy when shares rose from $5 to $20 on the news of Lightning. Now people pointing out to me on this forum that it is “not Lightning” mess pushing it down to $10. Of course, it is one of the factors in several recent events which are testing the company and competency of its leaders.
From 16k to 160k production in one year sounds a bit unrealistic to me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not all doom and gloom - still holding on to my preorder and stocks. But the lack of transparency and recent price&trims shenanigans are quite a bit frustrating.
Sponsored