• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Many Will Look Into a Cybertruck?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I have a feeling Tesla will come out with a Dual Motor right around or under $70k before the POS Rebate, and eventually a QuadMotor for $100k.

Yes, I know it’s “Vaporware” but given the news of this price increase today. If Tesla were to come out with a Cybertruck Trim that matches the XLT/Lariat or even a RWD that matches the Pro…. Would you consider it? Or is it just too hideous to even look at?
Sponsored

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
It’s got a face only a mother could love (IMO), but I would consider a Silverado EV or Rivian. Hopefully I get my Lightning this year though.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Of course I'd look. It's a shame they said they were putting a yoke in it though. I'm guessing it will take a long time for them to ramp production on it so that you can buy one without a long wait.

I don't really care what a truck looks like since it is almost purely about utility for me.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I actually don’t hate the way it looks. It’s certainly different. I reserved it in 2019 because the price and specs were amazing, despite its unique design.

Tesla has an opportunity to see how the successful trucks are doing things and the “specs” EV truck buyers are paying attention to. I suspect they come out beating all of those numbers (range, charge curve, towing, acceleration). But, I think Tesla is going to “miss” on the intricate details that Ford has spent decades honing in. Will everyone care that the tailgate likely won’t have a measuring tape or clamp location? Probably not. But those are the fine details that make the ford truck so practical for everyday tasks.

Now that Tesla is so late to the game, they need to get the Cybertruck right.

Tbrou16

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Occupation
Paint
I’ll wait 4 years for a Rivian, Ram or Silverado before getting a Cybertruck. That thing’s looks aged poorly before it’s even released.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
So, what out there makes anyone think that any of the other vehicle manufacturers are going to find the holy grail and significantly come in under Ford’s MY23 prices for a similar vehicle?

Inflation sucks, especially when retired👈, and while the rate of growth may slow, car prices rarely get cheaper. Deflation on the other hand would/will bring us many more significant problems than affording a new vehicle…..🤔

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If the Cybertruck has more features than my XLT SR and comes in at $70k or less, I will get one. I'm around 60,000 in the queue, so I'm assuming that puts me at 2025 delivery if things are done FIFO. My MY22 Lightning will just start to feel a little old then.

Though what else will be out in 2025? That's the wildcard, it's hard to say no to vehicles not yet announced. Also, what if only the quad motor CT is available at $100k+ for the first year or two. That might make my 60,000 reservation a 2027 order, in which case even more vehicles will be out to consider.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Much like the ford of you haven’t reserved there is almost no point looking. I have a first 5 second Silverado EV reservation that I may or may not go through with. But if you reserved one now you would be a couple years behind the curve.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I wouldn't drive that moon buggy if you gave it to me. That thing is so ugly it should only be seen on Mars picking up the rover after a long mission.
For real though!!

nash_diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Model 3, Pacifica Hybrid
I'm one of the first reservations and if I will sell my Lightning for it... to be determined. I'm Wave 8 so I'll most likely get my truck in Sept./Oct. That gives me plenty of time to get to know my Lightning and see what the final production version of the Cybertruck looks like. I'm honestly on the fence. It really will come down to options and price for me.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Well if the Tesla forums are to be believed, they have 2 to 3 million reservations and are sold out for the first ~10 years of production.

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
God that thing is fugly. Also that combined bed and cabin design will cause serious issues for truck folks. It comes in one color right - tin can and its going to ding and oil can like crazy. For folks who use a truck like a truck, it is madness. Maybe ok on city streets.
Sponsored