• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to get FullScreen Android Auto i have the latest 4.1.1 Update

MadLighting

First Name
STephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lighting
I just switched to android from my iPhone which Fullscreen worked on my 12" display I have a XLT trim I see no way to do this with Android Auto ? on update 3.5.3 it was suppose to be enable any tips
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Tap the 4 arrows next the the Android Auto logo.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to get FullScreen Android Auto  i have the latest 4.1.1  Update 20221217_190238

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Last edited:

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
For 12" screen on XLT 312A it does not allow Maps (or ABRP, Waze) to go full screen, just uses right side screen for another app, like Pandora.
Update: I guess that side screen is called CoolWalk
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntial-things-to-avoid-frustration-207892.html
My wife and i have identical Samsung Fold 3's. I noticed the right side screen you talk about when my phone connected. Useless for the most part. But then the other day, he phone was connected and she had the same layout like pictured in her link. There were more options on the right side of the screen as well to make it useful. I'm irritated because we are both on the same version of android auto 8.6.something, and no matter what i do, i cannot get the updated UI to show like with her phone. I tried sideloading AA 8.8 and other builds as well, but nothing works.

Anyone else have AA v8.6 with the same issue and the the new UI to display?

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I've been on the same version (8.6.6) since mid January and I just got 'coolwalk' yesterday.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to get FullScreen Android Auto  i have the latest 4.1.1  Update 20230203_194811

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I've been on the same version (8.6.6) since mid January and I just got 'coolwalk' yesterday.

20230203_194811.jpg
If you press the google maps icon at the bottom does it make the map larger and those other cards below smaller?

Ford F-150 Lightning How to get FullScreen Android Auto  i have the latest 4.1.1  Update B1670953-35DC-407D-888B-6F843D8A6A0C

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
If you press the google maps icon at the bottom does it make the map larger and those other cards below smaller?
Yes, it looks like this, which I am kindof annoyed with, because they could have still showed the song name in maps fullscreen, and it no longer does.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to get FullScreen Android Auto  i have the latest 4.1.1  Update 20230203_194912

Basically, the cards are good but entirely too large.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Yes, it looks like this, which I am kindof annoyed with, because they could have still showed the song name in maps fullscreen, and it no longer does.

Basically, the cards are good but entirely too large.
Agreed, hopefully it still shows up in the center screen though at least.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Agreed, hopefully it still shows up in the center screen though at least.
I was trying it today on a drive and it will show controls at least for the music on the bottom of the full screen map. Overall my only gripe is the cards just need to be shrunk a bit, and give me the ability to disable rounded corners because that's just ugly imo.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
For 12" screen on XLT 312A it does not allow Maps (or ABRP, Waze) to go full screen, just uses right side screen for another app, like Pandora.
Update: I guess that side screen is called CoolWalk
Finally on the 12" discovered that I could get the Google Maps to go full screen, using 90% of the screen width to itself, left 10% for App symbols, if Maps was active, and I had one of the Ford side cards on the right side (like Trip Energy), then hit the Full Screen symbol next to the AA symbol. If Pandora was running, that seemed to block that action. Also, Waze did not seem to want to go to full screen. But AA overall was acting pretty slow, maybe because AA was competing with the camera being active as I tried to take images of the various screen layouts it would cycle through? I think I need a flow diagram with "If This, Then That" directional arrows on a second screen to figure it out. For me, the user interface needs to be clearer on how to get an app (if it can) to be full wide screen. My Moto G8 Power cellphone is using the AT&T Hotspot, which should be fairly fast. Guess I should do a speedtest on that.
Ford F-150 Lightning How to get FullScreen Android Auto  i have the latest 4.1.1  Update IMG_20230319_232842598 cropped
Sponsored

Last edited: