• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How To Turn Off Keyless Entry

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Page 88 of the manual says you can turn off "Keyless Entry". But the steps they suggest (Settings > Vehicle Settings > Locks) does not present an option for turning off "Keyless Entry". Can anyone set me straight on how to turn off "Keyless Entry"?

"Keyless Entry" is when the car unlocks by simply putting your hand inside the handle for 1 second. If you have left your remote (fob) in the vehicle, ANYONE can unlock it by just putting their hand on the handle.

Note that "Keyless Entry" is not related to the "Keyless Entry Keypad". It's something separate. Also, "Keyless Entry" is not related to pressing the "unlock" button on the remote.

I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has figure out how to turn off Keyless Entry. Thank you.
Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I don't think you can get in the vehicle with keyless entry on and you left it in the vehicle. I accidentally left the key in my Mach E one day. When I realized it, I ran out to the car to get it and the door would not open. I had to use the key code to get in. I did actually push the lock button on the Mach E to lock it before I went into the store.

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't think you can get in the vehicle with keyless entry on and you left it in the vehicle. I accidentally left the key in my Mach E one day. When I realized it, I ran out to the car to get it and the door would not open. I had to use the key code to get in. I did actually push the lock button on the Mach E to lock it before I went into the store.
Thanks for the comment. I hope you are right and I am wrong. i will check again when I am next at the F150 (it's garaged 10 minutes away from me.) I thought I tested it, but maybe I made a mistake.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Thanks for the comment. I hope you are right and I am wrong. i will check again when I am next at the F150 (it's garaged 10 minutes away from me.) I thought I tested it, but maybe I made a mistake.
Make sure to manually lock it first by hitting that last 2 numbers on the keypad at the same time. Then it should not auto unlock if it's like my Mach E.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Page 88 of the manual says you can turn off "Keyless Entry". But the steps they suggest (Settings > Vehicle Settings > Locks) does not present an option for turning off "Keyless Entry". Can anyone set me straight on how to turn off "Keyless Entry"?

"Keyless Entry" is when the car unlocks by simply putting your hand inside the handle for 1 second. If you have left your remote (fob) in the vehicle, ANYONE can unlock it by just putting their hand on the handle.

Note that "Keyless Entry" is not related to the "Keyless Entry Keypad". It's something separate. Also, "Keyless Entry" is not related to pressing the "unlock" button on the remote.

I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has figure out how to turn off Keyless Entry. Thank you.
The owners manual calls it Keyless Entry but workshop manuals call it Passive Locks. Kind of strange. Anyway here is what your looking for I think.
Ford F-150 Lightning How To Turn Off Keyless Entry Screenshot_20220721-185257_Drive

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Make sure to manually lock it first by hitting that last 2 numbers on the keypad at the same time. Then it should not auto unlock if it's like my Mach E.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think the 150 does behave differently than the March E, but I'll test it again (when I am next near the truck) to see if maybe I'm wrong.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
If You lock the Car using the key pad, I believe you have to use it to unlock.

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The owners manual calls it Keyless Entry but workshop manuals call it Passive Locks. Kind of strange. Anyway here is what your looking for I think.
Screenshot_20220721-185257_Drive.jpg
Thanks for the help. Unfortunatly, the pages you sent (which are page 106 in your manual, but 88 in mine) do not work. The steps they suggest (Settings > Vehicle Settings > Locks) does not present an option for turning off "Keyless Entry".

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Thanks for the help. Unfortunatly, the pages you sent (which are page 106 in your manual, but 88 in mine) do not work. The steps they suggest (Settings > Vehicle Settings > Locks) does not present an option for turning off "Keyless Entry".
Interesting...but not the first time the owners manual was wrong.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
It's kind of stupid how things have different terms in different places. Honestly that owners manual page is the first time I've ever seen the passive entry system referred to as Keyless Entry.
Keyless Entry has always meant the Keypad.
Remote Keyless Entry has always been the key fob.
Passive entry has always been the resistive touch sensors and the RKE through the RFA system.

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It's kind of stupid how things have different terms in different places. Honestly that owners manual page is the first time I've ever seen the passive entry system referred to as Keyless Entry.
Keyless Entry has always meant the Keypad.
Remote Keyless Entry has always been the key fob.
Passive entry has always been the resistive touch sensors and the RKE through the RFA system.
Thanks for the clarification. I agree -- they really should be careful (and precise!!) with the terms they use.
Sponsored