• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to watch YouTube / HBO Max / Netflix on your Lightning display screen

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
For me , one of the most missed features of the lightning is the ability to stream entertainment while you are charging. I’m about to hit 1000 miles and I don’t have a charger at home since sunrun is holding mine hostage. Needless to say , I’ve done a bit of fast charging at electrify America stations . Using the android mmb system with a CarPlay hack , I’m able to stream TFL videos while I get some juice. Check out the video to see it in action . Feel free to ask me any questions if you want to do this yourself

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Nice!! I love the tech they are putting in these cars with big screens and all, but what I miss is old aftermarket units where i can rig the dvd or usb video on main display to aftermarket screens mounted to headrests for kids. I'm gonna be adding two touchscreen tablets instead in my lightning for trips, but i'm gonna miss being able to control everything from the front console.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Netflix and all that other Jazz in my Model 3 was always Laggy and not the best, except for the video games.

Although I often wonder if because I had the Free Connectivity they were slowing me down lol

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i'm gonna miss being able to control everything from the front console.
So with this box I’m using , I can control any multimedia on the center console screen and this system that im using has an hdmi out where I can hook up a screen for the rear seats . Not sure if I will actually do this , but the technology is there. I can also immediately jump over to regular Apple CarPlay which o prefer or all of the ford stuff.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So with this box I’m using , I can control any multimedia on the center console screen and this system that im using has an hdmi out where I can hook up a screen for the rear seats . Not sure if I will actually do this , but the technology is there. I can also immediately jump over to regular Apple CarPlay which o prefer or all of the ford stuff.
Which box if i may ask? I had a nice mod going with Android auto with screen mirroring and what not but the new updates keep killing it off. Really like the idea of the box ur using with HDMI out capability. PM me if u don't wanna advertise it on here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Which box if i may ask? I had a nice mod going with Android auto with screen mirroring and what not but the new updates keep killing it off. Really like the idea of the box ur using with HDMI out capability. PM me if u don't wanna advertise it on here.
It's called Android MMB and I'm using the newest one with Android 11 .. the downside is , it's $280.00

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
For me , one of the most missed features of the lightning is the ability to stream entertainment while you are charging. I’m about to hit 1000 miles and I don’t have a charger at home since sunrun is holding mine hostage. Needless to say , I’ve done a bit of fast charging at electrify America stations . Using the android mmb system with a CarPlay hack , I’m able to stream TFL videos while I get some juice. Check out the video to see it in action . Feel free to ask me any questions if you want to do this yourself

I really hope that Ford brings this functionality to the native Sync 4A system for the Lightning and Mach-E.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I really hope that Ford brings this functionality to the native Sync 4A system for the Lightning and Mach-E.
Me too.. I find myself watching out of spec kyle reviews to pass the time on my screen while fast charging because they haven't shipped the charger yet. This android mmb box is very good, but OEM integration would be a lot better.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Now I understand why they put those games on the screen. Play them while charging.

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
Interested in doing this. Details?
Sponsored