• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I need help finding lost miles!

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I just lost 30 miles of range overnight!

Is this normal for " cold weather"? Here in San diego it's been getting around low 40's at night but during the day its 60s to 70s. I always am plugged in or conditioned. So yesterday evening my ranged dropped to 200 miles and then again today. My usual range is 230 miles spot on at 90% state of charge. Very consistently.

I'm hoping it's the cold weather or even better if someone has any ideas where my milage went. Tell me where.. I'd be glad to have them back. I can honestly say I took them for granted. Come back!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Is this normal for " cold weather"? Here in San diego it's been getting around low 40's at night but during the day its 60s to 70s. I always am plugged in or conditioned. So yesterday evening my ranged dropped to 200 miles and then again today. My usual range is 230 miles spot on at 90% state of charge. Very consistently.

I'm hoping it's the cold weather or even better if someone has any ideas where my milage went. Tell me where.. I'd be glad to have them back. I can honestly say I took them for granted. Come back!
Nothing to worry about, same here in the SD area.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt

I took them for granted.
If you don't need to drive more than 200 miles a day, have you really lost anything due to weather? If you do need to drive more, you may need to plan to charge more. You're seeing an algorithmic prediction based on current conditions and driving history.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Spring, summer and fall have your additional range, enjoy your SoCal winter, not as bad as the northern plains and New England, LOL

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Yes, many users have reported low temps bringing a range drop. I have noticed it
If you don't need to drive more than 200 miles a day, have you really lost anything due to weather? If you do need to drive more, you may need to plan to charge more. You're seeing an algorithmic prediction based on current conditions and driving history.
I don't drive 200 but I drive about 100 to 140 daily.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I don't drive 200 but I drive about 100 to 140 daily.
And what a pleasant ride it is huh?
Probably the best ride you've ever had so enjoy it, long as no charging stop on a Daily to get back home you good.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Dang is right.. in service 9-23-22
33,000 with work commute only 7 miles one way. We go everywhere in the lighting now, the Prius is semi retired.
We used to go everywhere in the prius unless my 04 Lariot was needed.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I'm a Restoration contractor here in s.d. so I'm all over the county. My office is 11 miles from my house so the rest is all service related